Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this is correct, but the kanji on the katana translate to:

"Never Died, Never Aged, Never Destroyed"

According to this TV Tropes page, it says:

"never grow old, never die"

On this page a Japanese speaker writes:

....It reads, "不老不死不滅", which I'd translate as "Not aging, not dying, immortal" (滅ぶ horobu means "perish", so "Fumetsu" means "not perishing, "Immortal" would be as close as I could get in one word)..

"Destroy" is a little off, because it implies an external action, whereas perishing is something done naturally....So it's a touch off in that regard..

That would be a little closer to the Japanese for me....

Don't know whether this was actually addressed.

I only got the film yesterday so am watching it for the first time right now. I paused at the point where Yashida gives Logan the sword and made a screen capture.

For starters the engraving is hopefully Japanese. :wink1:

The engraving is also in the correct position, away from the cutting edge, and the characters look accurate as well.

TheWolverine77_zps166ae45b.jpg~original

That's a SICK! WOW

I love how Hd it is, thanks for sharing

That's a SICK! WOW

I love how Hd it is, thanks for sharing

All credit to OMG's superior photography skills for that one!

Is the Hot Toys katana engraved on both sides?

In the film I think it's only on one side (opposite to the one shown in OMG's picture).

And as for the engraving I'm glad it actually means something, and HT didn't just put on part of a Chinese takeaway menu as some companies might once have done!

I ordered two from the start knowing I'd want both looks.

And with the plan to use the spare suit to bash a pseudo-Dark Knight Grumpy.

I got a second body for $71 and a KO head from headplay for $29.99. So only about $101 for a second Wolverine.

Back