Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not going to be surprised if Hot Toys comes out with a second Wolverine with different head sculpts down the road.

Still wish they made a growling head or a screaming head as extra. IT would look a lot more menacing. :D

I am not going to be surprised if Hot Toys comes out with a second Wolverine with different head sculpts down the road.

That and a bonus second headsculpt that's similar like the V1 sculpt, except with a better jackman likeness this time; always a "Bank Robber Joker Concept".

:lol

But honestly speaking, this fig would be hard and tempting to pass up once its out.

I agree with the headsculpt issues, aside from the likeness I think a more angry or growly expression would be better, but I still think this fig is awesome. Wolverine is just so iconic that as long as the claws are suitably shiny its all good :)

The sculpt is definitely missing Jackmans trademark cocked eyebrow expression. A missed opportunity by Hot Toys or an excuse to fleece us of more money when they release a better version?:rolleyes:

If Hot Toys make another version of this figure it will be in his X-men suit, and I for one don't want that version. If the headsculpt is an improvment, then I will just get the head off Ebay.

Indeed, I don't see W:O being revisited in figure form, but, Hot Toys will likely do 1, maybe 2 trilogy Wolverines, with potentially 2-4 possible headsculpts included, I anticipate plenty more from Hot Toys for Wolverine beyond this figure, but not this movie.

Sadly I am beginning to lose hope for additional figures from this movie :(

The reason for hope and optimism IMO is the Disney purchase of Marvel possibly delaying XMO and trilogy announcements. HT made the announcement in July (I think) and almost four months later not a word, image or anything about the line-up. I understand that hope is supported by a very, very fine thread able to snap and crush my dreams at anytime.

In truth, I imagine the trilogy announcements will begin early next year which will official destroy the remaining .5% of hope I have for additional figures from XMO. A bittersweet day since I eagerly await word about the trilogy while officially destroying my hopes for a XMO:Sabertooth.

I don't think anything's holding up Trilogy figures other than HT being busy with a number of projects that were likely underway before they got the license, such as Iron Man 2 and who knows what else, and 4 months isn't much to not have a prototype yet. I'm not worried at all about not seeing anything from the licenses announced over the summer.

As for Origins, I just think it's Wolverine and that'll be it simply because of the general feedback the film seemed to get, I think any figure specific to that movie will be considered unlikely to sell well and not worth making, Wolverine expands beyond Origins and can sell well anyway.

Is he still on schedule for 4th quarter of 2009 or is that a pipe dream?

Well the 4th quarter is the HK release, with distributors being tentative. It's still quite possible for HK, technically Q4 is up to December 31st.

I'd say at this point, probably late December HK release with mid-late January for Sideshow and other non-HK distributors.

That sounds about right. For instance, BBTS recently changed their estimated delivery date for pre-orders from Q4 to Jan 2010.

I'd say at this point, probably late December HK release with mid-late January for Sideshow and other non-HK distributors.

Seven months after the movie and Eight months after the announcement would totally suck (unless tweaking the sculpt). I am hoping for a mid- November date but whatcha gonna do. He'll be out when HT releases him.

Things take time.

Preorders started about 7/9, so late December would be about 5 months and January 6, that's pretty normal for collectibles, some come faster, but considering Wolverine's a unique new body being made the first time, plus paint apps having to go ont he body too, which is something new, it doesn't surprise me to see it take longer, and who knows what changes we may find in the end.

Toy Hunters post on their facebook that his release announcement is coming very soon. (I think for people to go pick him up from the store) As well as Silk Spectre II and the Up figures.

Back