Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the effort made by some of us have finally made HT take notice and actually address this situation. Hope this makes the scumbags in Vietnam pull their listings.

glRhJ.jpg

Safe For Work edit.

Wow, I'm saving up for one to purchase this coming November/December (no matter how much it is), as I've regret not getting it since the day I passed on it on pre-order. :slap

And now, this (counterfeit news).. :gah: It's really hard to tell if you want to bash up your Hot Toys Wolverine by purchasing 'em bit-by-bit:

*Fake:
194112yy6y81it66g989c9.jpg

*Original:
194117op863k34duk7fvk4.jpg

Umm, that "original" is actually a knockoff I got from Ebay. I repainted the head to make me feel a little better about it.

As somone who owned the original, it actually is much better than the one I owned now (except for the undersized tank top).

What's funny to me is that obviously this means Hot Toys bought the bootleg so they could post the comparison pics.

Realistically, it's not hard for them to track down who did this, it's simply a matter of them deciding if it's worth their time to try and stop it. I'd bet $10 they pissed off their own factory and the factory said "F you guys, we're gonna bootleg your Wolverine" and Hot Toys said "okay, wateva!!!"

I just managed to buy a Wolverine off a fellow freak yesterday, with all the bootleg versions kicking about on eBay I wasn't prepared to risk paying a lot for a fake .

I'll post some pictures when he arrives :)

Wow Knock off hot toys figures. Who would have thought. Reminds me of the 80's and 90's when vintage gijoes equipment were being Knocked off too.

It was only a matter of time, I'm actually surprised we didn't see it sooner especially with as high as the older figures were going for like the Marines or Elder Pred. Even Sideshow has had a string of knock-offs. Although I will say that this is one of the best I've seen and until HT gives us another Wolvie (which should be soon if the rumors are true) it'll probably be bought without much hesitation from those who missed out originally.

Anyone who bought the HT Wolverines from Vietnam and didn't wonder why they were putting 10+ up for auction at once needs a dose of Common Sense 101...
It was only a matter of time, I'm actually surprised we didn't see it sooner especially with as high as the older figures were going for like the Marines or Elder Pred. Even Sideshow has had a string of knock-offs. Although I will say that this is one of the best I've seen and until HT gives us another Wolvie (which should be soon if the rumors are true) it'll probably be bought without much hesitation from those who missed out originally.
Yup; I am stunned that we haven't seen fake Ancients yet considering that they do not have alot of fabric. I have been looking for a HT Wolverine for awhile now, but HT is known for rereleasing popular characters and I figured I would just wait it out.

^^ Ha I bought that, it's actually a really nice figure if were talking about the same one. It only cost me £60, he's big though, nearly as big as SS Darth Vader.

I know it’s a collectable figure, but I guess this is what happens when demand is greater than supply, especially when what is available is priced beyond most collectors’ budget.

great pic!! and an awesome setup!

the fact that so many fake wolverines continue to sell at well above $200 is an indicator of how much demand there is of this beloved mutant. I'm sure HT is realizing that the fakes are taking money away from their wallet and are likely to be preparing a rerelease of this figure - much sooner than later.

great pic!! and an awesome setup!

the fact that so many fake wolverines continue to sell at well above $200 is an indicator of how much demand there is of this beloved mutant. I'm sure HT is realizing that the fakes are taking money away from their wallet and are likely to be preparing a rerelease of this figure - much sooner than later.

They would be fools if they did not release more X men themed figures and capitalize on the popularity of this figure. Perhaps if they are successful with the X men first class line they might be inclined to go after other Xmen movie rights

Last edited:
To be honest, if I didn't have my custom wolverine figure, I would have bought it, bootleg or not, it just need a head repaint and voila!. BUT the price for this bootleg is a no-no.

Back