Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone verify that the original stand had more of a matallic lettering on it or was it just the usual off white lettering??

Ouch. This isn't good for HT or collector's at all.:slap

That fake Wolverine head will suffice for many who may be getting turned off by climbing prices and re issue's. Sure it doesn't look as good as the original but damn, it doesn't look half bad either..especially when compared to older SS/HT sculpts/paint apps. A good painter could do wonders with this. I hope this isn't the beginning of something terrible...:monkey4

Wow, I'm saving up for one to purchase this coming November/December (no matter how much it is), as I've regret not getting it since the day I passed on it on pre-order. :slap

And now, this (counterfeit news).. :gah: It's really hard to tell if you want to bash up your Hot Toys Wolverine by purchasing 'em bit-by-bit:

*Fake:
194112yy6y81it66g989c9.jpg

*Original:
194117op863k34duk7fvk4.jpg

Wow, I'm saving up for one to purchase this coming November/December (no matter how much it is), as I've regret not getting it since the day I passed on it on pre-order. :slap

And now, this (counterfeit news).. :gah: It's really hard to tell if you want to bash up your Hot Toys Wolverine by purchasing 'em bit-by-bit:

Yeah, it's a pain in the @$$ for those of us who are still planning to get Wolvie up until now when these unfortunate incidents are spreading in the market right now.:slap

Goodluck bro! :wink1:

So this is the fake? Have to admit it is pretty impressive work for a knock-off. But pretty scary for anyone trying to buy one on the secondary market as unless you have a really good image it is hard to tell the difference.

Glad I got mine well before all these shenanigans started :hi5:

Yep that's my Vietnamese wolvie ... I'm calling BS from HT.

What else would they say if they lost a heap of factory seconds and they turned up in the market place, competing with their official releases.

They are all just too close. The whole body, clothing, packaging, instructions, holding down shipping tape, even the little HT anti moisture baggy. To reproduce every little bit of the original is just insane...and not going to happen

So the theory is that these Vietnamese Wolverine issues are factory rejects from the Hot Toys factory itself? Scary, now that we have close to 200+ Hot Toys figures released.. How would we know if the earlier releases we bought from co-hobbyists (secondary market) are not factory rejects?! :gah:

so perhaps some rogue factory workers kept the specs for creating the bodies/clothes/head sculpts .. and went ahead and started producing their own?

This figure has rubber on the body (that is painted with a certain skin tone and hair), metal claws and dog tags, and a leather jacket, among other things. That would seem pretty damn tricky to duplicate at such a level that folks have a hard time telling if it is a fake or not. But I'm not familiar with the sophistication of the bootleg industry, so I guess I don't know how feasible it all is.

I always thought it was hard to bootleg, as evidenced by the existence of these pathetic attempts to copy the character, as well as the intention to avoid making an exact replica to avoid legal action:

wolverine_bot1.jpg

However, the Hot Toys bootleg is a blatant intent to fool everyone. :slap

I doubt this is a "fake" in terms of the sculpt, it is too spot on, as others have said they either are factory rejects (maybe the paint was) or someone got a hold of the mold (like it was supposed to be destroyed but was stolen instead). As for the packaging and clothing, that is easy to copy, especially with how good they are at clothing in Asia. If they got the blue prints (computer files) for the packaging and other things this could happen but its strange it is only with this figure.

Also the hot toys release statement was mearly saying that if they released more of this figure after the orignal run, they would not hide it, they would tell us they were doing it, as a re-release and there would probably be things different about it, not that they are going to re-release it...

Back