Hot Toys - Marvel's Spider-Man - Spider-Man (Classic Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly surprised they are releasing the most sought after so quick. There are so many suits in the PS4 game, it feels like they could have tempted and milked a bit more from collectors before releasing the 2099 and classic.

Not a fan of that suit material(and the mismatched webbing style on head/body). I wonder how durable that stuff is. I'm guessing not very

Not a fan of that suit material(and the mismatched webbing style on head/body). I wonder how durable that stuff is. I'm guessing not very

Thats my only concern. How will this hold up over time. I feel like over time in a extreme pose this suit could crack or rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like HT will probably address the raised/unraised webbing issue.

They did release the Advanced Suit with a brand new, taller, muscle-y body, while the prototype they always showed was a shorter, bulkier body.

I feel like HT will probably address the raised/unraised webbing issue.

They did release the Advanced Suit with a brand new, taller, muscle-y body, while the prototype they always showed was a shorter, bulkier body.

Maybe. There was a radical difference between the ASM2 prototype and the production figure in terms of material; they do address issues sometimes.

I thought I was in the Captain Marvel thread for a minute there lol...

:lol :lol

I havent played the video game either but this suit is good looking. Hopefully we get cool accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what accessories will be included as well, I hope they go all out like the Scarlet Spider release. I'm a big fan of diorama display bases, and though unlikely, I wish they would include one, it's a classic Spider-Man after all!

Maybe. There was a radical difference between the ASM2 prototype and the production figure in terms of material; they do address issues sometimes.

Oh yeah I recall the promotional images showed a shiny type suit like the first ASM figure, then the release was improved upon (minus the black staining issues).

Dammit and I just ordered the 2099 version
Gonna have to get this one too

:lol :lol

I'm wondering what accessories will be included as well, I hope they go all out like the Scarlet Spider release. I'm a big fan of diorama display bases, and though unlikely, I wish they would include one, it's a classic Spider-Man after all!

Maybe they'll finally give us Peter Parker headsculpt...

Its awesome but i'd argue that the 2099 spidey looks even better but again its not the peter parker spiderman- of all the Parker Spiderman they have made, i agree 100% that this suit is the best Parker (comic or movie) suit ever from hot toys, however i just cant say i think it looks better then 2099 cause i think that figure is the best of con hands down no holds barred, but again its not peter parker, its a variant so the classic suit still holds true as the best peter parker suit ever to hit 1/6 scale. I just wont call it the best looking spiderman video game figure hot toys has made, that honor goes to the 2099 figure.

In terms of investment, the 2099 figure is bound to skyrocket in value. I own 2 of the original legends figures and they easily sell for over 100 a pop, for a ****ing legends. The demand for 2099 will far exceed supply over time to the the point that the figure is worth a **** ton of cash which is a rarity for hot toys nowadays. The character is just not made very often, yet he is immensely popular much like silver surfer- leading to the skyrocketing prices. This is a very sound investment for people looking for figures that will atleast hold value and more likely increase in value drastically as time goes on. We will not see another 2099 version like this in 6th scale for a long ****ing time- just like the marvel legend figure. Even if they make a spiderverse version it wont look realistic like this- it will have the carton look. This is the one non movie character to own, i guarantee you will be so glad you didnt pass now then regret later when the after market prices start skyrocketing ; they will just get higher and high like the legends figure did as time passes. For whatever reason, neither hasbro nor hot toys likes to make 2099 figures, with hot toys i get it, non movie out of their realm until it appeared in the video game. However, why hasbro has not made another 2099 spiderman is beyond me, its like they want to keep the demand high for some figures just to toss the scalpers some bones so they keep buying up massive stock of their poor selling figures lol

I agree that the 2099 figure looks great, and will hold it's value. But I don't necessarily think it will skyrocket in value. This figure is not a super-limited item, it seems like anyone who wants one can get one.
For me, it's the classic Peter Parker version that I have always wanted. I've been happy so far with the ASM 2 version, cause I do like the big bug eyes, but this one certainly looks more like the Spidey that I grew up with.
Too bad they aren't going with a more cloth suit though, as I'm guessing I will almost never pose this figure in a dynamic pose, for fear of creasing and ruining the suit.

Lim Toys Peter sculpt is amazing.

It does look great, but I'd really want a more classic comic looking sculpt.

Its awesome but i'd argue that the 2099 spidey looks even better but again its not the peter parker spiderman- of all the Parker Spiderman they have made, i agree 100% that this suit is the best Parker (comic or movie) suit ever from hot toys, however i just cant say i think it looks better then 2099 cause i think that figure is the best of con hands down no holds barred, but again its not peter parker, its a variant so the classic suit still holds true as the best peter parker suit ever to hit 1/6 scale. I just wont call it the best looking spiderman video game figure hot toys has made, that honor goes to the 2099 figure.

In terms of investment, the 2099 figure is bound to skyrocket in value. I own 2 of the original legends figures and they easily sell for over 100 a pop, for a ****ing legends. The demand for 2099 will far exceed supply over time to the the point that the figure is worth a **** ton of cash which is a rarity for hot toys nowadays. The character is just not made very often, yet he is immensely popular much like silver surfer- leading to the skyrocketing prices. This is a very sound investment for people looking for figures that will atleast hold value and more likely increase in value drastically as time goes on. We will not see another 2099 version like this in 6th scale for a long ****ing time- just like the marvel legend figure. Even if they make a spiderverse version it wont look realistic like this- it will have the carton look. This is the one non movie character to own, i guarantee you will be so glad you didnt pass now then regret later when the after market prices start skyrocketing ; they will just get higher and high like the legends figure did as time passes. For whatever reason, neither hasbro nor hot toys likes to make 2099 figures, with hot toys i get it, non movie out of their realm until it appeared in the video game. However, why hasbro has not made another 2099 spiderman is beyond me, its like they want to keep the demand high for some figures just to toss the scalpers some bones so they keep buying up massive stock of their poor selling figures lol

I'm sure it'll go up, but I don't think skyrocket. It's hard to compare prices for smaller/cheaper stuff. A Marvel Legend going for $100 is 5x the MSRP. Barely any Hot Toys hit 2x MSRP on aftermarket. Last year's Scarlet Spider goes for about $3-400.

It does look great, but I'd really want a more classic comic looking sculpt.

I'm sure it'll go up, but I don't think skyrocket. It's hard to compare prices for smaller/cheaper stuff. A Marvel Legend going for $100 is 5x the MSRP. Barely any Hot Toys hit 2x MSRP on aftermarket. Last year's Scarlet Spider goes for about $3-400.

Are you forgetting about the Mk XLVII?

I remember sold listings on ebay as high as $1300 plus, but it is the very rare exception. After the re-issue was announced, the prices dropped way down. Still above retail for a first run version, but not the super high it peaked at. Most figures hold their value and rise, but exclusives can be hit or miss with more leaning toward the hit side. Python and Midas are a couple of good examples.

Back