1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17nosplit.png

I'm thinking of evil Cap vs Cap lol

So I ordered this figure last week from sideshow. Sent UPS. Received notification that the package was going to be arriving this afternoon, wasn't sure if I would be home in time, and with my wife sick at home (no door duties), so I did the UPS auto-sign. Actually got out of work early, but on way home got email notified that delivery happened (apparently earlier than projected, which is unusual. Usually its much later since I am in the woods.) Get home, package not there. UPS says it was delivered at front door. Wife says she never heard truck. I live in a fairly seculed area away from main road, so theft highly doubtful. My thinking is UPS driver dropped off at wrong address.

Contacting Sideshow my only recourse since UPS said they can't do anything. Huge bummer. I have ordered quite a few figures from sideshow, so see if they can help the situation.

So I ordered this figure last week from sideshow. Sent UPS. Received notification that the package was going to be arriving this afternoon, wasn't sure if I would be home in time, and with my wife sick at home (no door duties), so I did the UPS auto-sign. Actually got out of work early, but on way home got email notified that delivery happened (apparently earlier than projected, which is unusual. Usually its much later since I am in the woods.) Get home, package not there. UPS says it was delivered at front door. Wife says she never heard truck. I live in a fairly seculed area away from main road, so theft highly doubtful. My thinking is UPS driver dropped off at wrong address.

Contacting Sideshow my only recourse since UPS said they can't do anything. Huge bummer. I have ordered quite a few figures from sideshow, so see if they can help the situation.

did you request a proof of delivery to UPS? they shoould have registered a signature

Really sorry to hear that:(. Hope it gets sorted out. Unfortunately while I've had good UPS experiences I've also had outright lies - like sitting home all day where I can easily see truck, and online package marked as delivered e.g. driver lies and just goes home 'coz they are tired or whatever:mad:. Then I am fighting with UPS to talk to manager and get my d*mn package one way or the other. Or - with no notice to me, they drop in a locker and I hafta go pick up.

I always change my delivery to be held at a nearby UPS location. I've been tempted to auto-sign but stories like this keep me from doing so. It's a 15 minute drive to the UPS store, but worth it to know that I'll get my package without issue. I did have an eBay buyer experience exactly what you described but luckily UPS did help them and discovered that the driver had indeed dropped off at the wrong address. Good luck!

It showed up in my mailbox this morning. Someone else in town likely received it and delivered it to correct address. +1 to good neighbors.

It showed up in my mailbox this morning. Someone else in town likely received it and delivered it to correct address. +1 to good neighbors.

That is awesome happy for yah:)! Hope u like the fig as much as a lot of us do...I nearly cancelled but when he showed up, REALLY glad I didn't!

Great to hear that. Did the person just ship it to you themselves? I personally would have just brought it to a local UPS store and informed them that they delivered it to the incorrect address.

Great to hear that. Did the person just ship it to you themselves? I personally would have just brought it to a local UPS store and informed them that they delivered it to the incorrect address.

It appears they just dropped it off, although I suppose they could have handed to the UPS driver and he did it late last night I suppose off the books. UPS is aware of my complaint...for whatever it is worth... but I just will not sign digitally anymore.

STEALTH 2.0
decided to repaint mine and added a blue hue. I wanted to make sure that its still a stealth suit
but as Captain America, I wanted it to have blue.
Repainted the helmet, and most of the suit, but I also kept a lot of things black to give him a two tone color.
I also padded the pants.

7KRVjkD.jpg

Qz0Ipkt.jpg

96neuwX.jpg

LVRLfVN.jpg

1UK1Ski.jpg

p7IY6YZ.jpg

Uv3uGBm.jpg

2Dh1dsI.jpg

itHxFNu.jpg

AT47J6r.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. That looks really cool.

Thanks buddy. :duff

Nice, subtle but effective repaint! :clap

Thanks man.
Yeah, I wanted to make sure its subtle. I wanted it to be like Midnight black where it almost look black at first, then you start to see
the blue. That's actually how it looks on my display.
When I first sit down in front of the detolfs, it still almost looks black until my eyes start to adjust and you start to see its blue.
Very proud of how it turned out.

Also, for me personally, I feel like eventhough we didnt get to see this costume on screen, this is more like Cap after Endgame.
The Russo brothers made a comment that they're sure Cap still did heroic deeds after he went back to the past eventhough he settled
down with Peggy. But he was probably just doing more covert missions instead of being out in the open.
So I feel like the 10th Anniversary Cap can be more like that version of Steve Rogers.

At least, that's how I justify having this version of Hot toys Cap. :lol

I really hope that one day, HT 2.0s TFA Cap and SS Cap, using this body. I’d gladly trade all my current Cap figures just to have really good figures of those two outfits, being that those are my favorite two Cap outfits to represent vintage and modern.

Thanks buddy. :duff

Thanks man.
Yeah, I wanted to make sure its subtle. I wanted it to be like Midnight black where it almost look black at first, then you start to see
the blue. That's actually how it looks on my display.
When I first sit down in front of the detolfs, it still almost looks black until my eyes start to adjust and you start to see its blue.
Very proud of how it turned out.

Also, for me personally, I feel like eventhough we didnt get to see this costume on screen, this is more like Cap after Endgame.
The Russo brothers made a comment that they're sure Cap still did heroic deeds after he went back to the past eventhough he settled
down with Peggy. But he was probably just doing more covert missions instead of being out in the open.
So I feel like the 10th Anniversary Cap can be more like that version of Steve Rogers.

At least, that's how I justify having this version of Hot toys Cap. :lol

Agreed! :goodpost:
KCe0vPN.gif

I really hope that one day, HT 2.0s TFA Cap and SS Cap, using this body. I?d gladly trade all my current Cap figures just to have really good figures of those two outfits, being that those are my favorite two Cap outfits to represent vintage and modern.

I'd be on the bandwagon for that! Now that I'm invested in Cap I'd like these suits as well, heck I'd take a SS Cap marketed as an EG figure.

I?d dismissed this as a possibility when it was announced since it?s not movie canon but the more I see of it and the more accurate shape from photos here, etc, it seems like one worth looking into. Now I just have to determine if I do actually want it solely for that or if it?s that classic HT disease which afflicts so many of us, Just-Want-To-Order-Something-New Syndrome.

I?d dismissed this as a possibility when it was announced since it?s not movie canon but the more I see of it and the more accurate shape from photos here, etc, it seems like one worth looking into. Now I just have to determine if I do actually want it solely for that or if it?s that classic HT disease which afflicts so many of us, Just-Want-To-Order-Something-New Syndrome.

LOL. I always do the "walk away" thing. Like in 24-48 hours u are still thinking about it, u probably really want it. I don't pay as much attention to body stuff as some, unless I think it's really bad. I mean, I figure some things are impossible, depending, 'coz at 1/6 scale with layers of costume it gets real hard to get the effect right anyway - or articulation gets sacrificed.

Since I haven't stripped my figs (except Bucky for a body swap) dunno if it's the body here or just the material is so form-fitting e.g. looks good. IMO Concept Cap is definitely a niche fig, BUT. For me he works so d*mn well with Bucky, SW, BW. If u have other Caps it's a great addition. It's like, he's an indulgence:monkey3 but one I definitely don't regret.

Back