1/6 Hot Toys Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years-1/6 scale Captain America (Concept Art)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I always do the "walk away" thing. Like in 24-48 hours u are still thinking about it, u probably really want it. I don't pay as much attention to body stuff as some, unless I think it's really bad. I mean, I figure some things are impossible, depending, 'coz at 1/6 scale with layers of costume it gets real hard to get the effect right anyway - or articulation gets sacrificed.

Since I haven't stripped my figs (except Bucky for a body swap) dunno if it's the body here or just the material is so form-fitting e.g. looks good. IMO Concept Cap is definitely a niche fig, BUT. For me he works so d*mn well with Bucky, SW, BW. If u have other Caps it's a great addition. It's like, he's an indulgence:monkey3 but one I definitely don't regret.

Yeah, I?ll give it a week at least; he doesn?t seem to be going anywhere. I would never have noticed the body stuff if I didn?t read this forum, but now I can?t not-see the difference between CW and IW Steves (the only 2 I have). Figuring out where to display him is definitely something to consider, since everything else I have is arranged loosely by movie.

Yeah, I?ll give it a week at least; he doesn?t seem to be going anywhere. I would never have noticed the body stuff if I didn?t read this forum, but now I can?t not-see the difference between CW and IW Steves (the only 2 I have). Figuring out where to display him is definitely something to consider, since everything else I have is arranged loosely by movie.

Yeah, for me the "walk away" works pretty well. I have loose movie groups too but just kinda put Cap with the CW figs esp. Bucky - it's the contrast with the silver and black + for me, for CW, there's the more or less kitbash civvie Bucky. So I figure that's the film group that has the "extras" on the shelf. But I'm using bookshelves for display (Target co. Hadleys) not Detolfs so there's a bit more space, I think.

I really hope that one day, HT 2.0s TFA Cap and SS Cap, using this body. I?d gladly trade all my current Cap figures just to have really good figures of those two outfits, being that those are my favorite two Cap outfits to represent vintage and modern.

Yes, TFA is a movie that I can watch over and over again. I?m glad I actually watched TFA just days before we went and saw Endgame. So Steve?s storyline was even better for me with the TFA ending. And TFA is one of my all time favorite Marvel Movie.
It really needs to be revisited by Hot Toys.

07D3C344-BFD0-4564-998D-DA752B434547.jpg7515140B-4B4A-43D7-B836-F3F38EB7AD46.jpeg71BE0253-9CAA-4BE0-BF96-83BD56A5D2B3.jpegE9C00AD3-F491-4CD5-9277-038E6C3C94C5.jpgAEC2804C-5FBA-415F-A64C-CC1E715ACE16.jpeg

Yes, TFA is a movie that I can watch over and over again. I?m glad I actually watched TFA just days before we went and saw Endgame. So Steve?s storyline was even better for me with the TFA ending. And TFA is one of my all time favorite Marvel Movie.
It really needs to be revisited by Hot Toys.

My sentiments as well.

It’s odd, because there are undoubtedly films in the MCU that are better than TFA, but that I wouldn’t consider being films that I don’t tire of. If I see it too many times, I’ll tire of it. TFA, while not the strongest MCU film, let alone CA film, is a film I can watch over and over and not get tired of, as it’s always a fun, straightforward, quick watch and a great go to film if you’re not sure what to watch for that evening.

Now that the MCU is for all intents and purposes finished, you can look back and decide what outfits you like the best for each main character. For me with Cap, those two are TFA and SS. For his vintage outfit, I always personally preferred TFA suit in lieu of the GA suit, and for the modern suit, I like SS the best because it looks the most practical to me, in the sense that it’s a more realistic take on the suit he’d wear when doing missions. I can understand how one would prefer the more spangly looks because that’s the classic colors of the character, but I personally prefer a more practical look, as I mentioned. So really good, well done figures of those two suits would be perfect for me. Like I said, I’d happily trade all my current Cap figures just for really well done figures of those two.

This concept suit would be perfect, but the big Avengers ?A? on the side of the chest to me ruins it. A simple star right in the center of the chest, I think would have been perfect.

That helmet looks awesome unmc2001! If you dont mind me asking what paint did you use on the helmet for the black and silver? I want to buy a spare helmet and paint it just like yours.

That helmet looks awesome unmc2001! If you dont mind me asking what paint did you use on the helmet for the black and silver? I want to buy a spare helmet and paint it just like yours.
16188D90-47CB-4D9B-86FD-906BAF707135.jpg
I used these then spayed painted a light matte clear coat over it.

I was gonna pass on this figure. I own every single Hot Toys Captain America, but since I had a $25 off and RP and eligible for free shipping, it cost me $87.99 for it. Hope I'm not disappointed.

03edd58e8fc76ef7cb464ef07ffb377e.jpg

Big fan of this figure and got a leather jacket and ww2 motorcycle to go with it. I think it?s going to pair great with the Endgame Cap headsculpt when that arrives for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I got one as well. It’s just an awesome looking Cap. I did this with the WWII shield after Endgame, love how the colors match the TWS Falcon suit and how they both look together. I’ve kept them this way since. Wanna do a pic session with the round shield maybe later on Falcon too kinda like a stealth version of S.W. Cap.

78E2B5DF-CFE4-46A3-86BC-439F798A12C6.jpg

Glad I got one as well. It’s just an awesome looking Cap. I did this with the WWII shield after Endgame, love how the colors match the TWS Falcon suit and how they both look together. I’ve kept them this way since. Wanna do a pic session with the round shield maybe later on Falcon too kinda like a stealth version of S.W. Cap.

View attachment 513273

They look great together

Back