Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it me or his ring is a bit too big?
[snahp.it]John.Wick.Chapter.2.2017.1080p.BluRay.x264-SPARKS_snahp.it.mkv_20180828_134152.004.jpg

Agreed. I'll never understand why folks want to come on and bash another release without legitimate critiques.

I don't like Star Wars. So guess what I don't go out of my way to comment on?

Star Wars.

If you don't like it just don't go look at it.

He didn't say he doesn't like John Wick though so that's a bit of a tangent. I'll agree that his complaint wasn't exactly constructive but some people don't like reading it even when they are.

Last edited:
I feel like it's practically a deluxe given all the weapons he comes with, and given the little upcharge for them all. The way the suit looks tailored to that body I don't ever want try to swap a shirt out. Has HT done weapon effects before?
Yeah, at first I want sure about the price, but there's a lot included here, and it all looks too notch. The suit tailoring is phenomenal. I po'd. I'm really hoping the turn around time isn't as long as advertised, but I'll take it whenever.

Looks like the only one missing is the DTA Stealth Recon Sniper Rifle (looks a bit beefier than the rifle included). The pencil kinda makes up for that. Especially since ebay and others have tons of guns one could buy and just use with this figure.

I'd say the fact he used that during Chapter 1 and not two (from what I recall) but they included the church scene KSG.

Either or I'm ultimately pleased with the amount of accessories. I am happy he has a pencil and the currency.

I'd say the fact he used that during Chapter 1 and not two (from what I recall) but they included the church scene KSG.

Either or I'm ultimately pleased with the amount of accessories. I am happy he has a pencil and the currency.

Agreed. I think I was just focusing on the guns, I didn't realize how many hands he comes with as well. A bit premature for me to gripe when reflecting on it, he does come with a lot. The coins and pencil could easily have been skipped and am glad they were included. Also good point, the DTA rifle I think was just used in Chapter 1.

Agreed. I think I was just focusing on the guns, I didn't realize how many hands he comes with as well. A bit premature for me to gripe when reflecting on it, he does come with a lot. The coins and pencil could easily have been skipped and am glad they were included. Also good point, the DTA rifle I think was just used in Chapter 1.

He took it off one of Josef's soldiers and "checked in" on his communications. He nailed two of Josef's guards with it.

But like I said the argument isn't valid as they included the KSG which is solely from Chapter 1.

But much like the Punisher argument of not coming with enough weapons... I can see it.

There's four guns I associate Wick with:

1. Heckler & Koch P30L
2. Kel-tec KSG
3. Benelli shotty
4. Glock 17

But alas I will likely display him with the KSG and and perhaps the Glock (because I personally own both... hey, we all got reasons lol).

I personally prefer the Benelli look though.

Few of mine, including my personal KSG.

troys.jpg
ksg.jpg
ksg1.jpg

Funny enough pictured is a Glock, Kimber Micro9/Micro1911 and KSG (Wick didn't use a Sig Scorpion M400)

Last edited:
He took it off one of Josef's soldiers and "checked in" on his communications. He nailed two of Josef's guards with it.

But like I said the argument isn't valid as they included the KSG which is solely from Chapter 1.

But much like the Punisher argument of not coming with enough weapons... I can see it.

There's four guns I associate Wick with:

1. Heckler & Koch P30L
2. Kel-tec KSG
3. Benelli shotty
4. Glock 17

But alas I will likely display him with the KSG and and perhaps the Glock (because I personally own both... hey, we all got reasons lol).

I personally prefer the Benelli look though.

Few of mine, including my personal KSG.

View attachment 424517
View attachment 424518
View attachment 424519

Funny enough pictured is a Glock, Kimber Micro9/Micro1911 and KSG (Wick didn't use a Sig Scorpion M400)

Oh man, you know your stuff. And those guns look awesome. I still don't know what route I'll go for displaying my John Wick. Part of me just wants to have him with the glock, but they're including some really great guns, how can I not pose him with the shotty or pistol with the silencer, there's some really great options. The cool thing about this figure is, fans really could use this as Wick from Chapter 1 or 2 really, casual fans won't see this as specifically from chapter 2. Your KSG is insanely awesome man!

Oh man, you know your stuff. And those guns look awesome. I still don't know what route I'll go for displaying my John Wick. Part of me just wants to have him with the glock, but they're including some really great guns, how can I not pose him with the shotty or pistol with the silencer, there's some really great options. The cool thing about this figure is, fans really could use this as Wick from Chapter 1 or 2 really, casual fans won't see this as specifically from chapter 2. Your KSG is insanely awesome man!

More I think of it the more I want the look from the first film's poster.

More I think of it the more I want the look from the first film's poster.

Same here, kinda wish they included an alternate head with the hair more slicked back. That's why I am getting both MAFEX figures, come with a lot of good accessories and alternate heads. I'm super stoked for this figure. Duel wielding pistols, shotgun, rifles, pencil, so many options the more I think about it.

Same here, kinda wish they included an alternate head with the hair more slicked back. That's why I am getting both MAFEX figures, come with a lot of good accessories and alternate heads. I'm super stoked for this figure. Duel wielding pistols, shotgun, rifles, pencil, so many options the more I think about it.

I might try to find a 1/6 table/desk to display some of his weapons on.

This figure is hard to figure out how you want to display.

As much as this figure looks amazing, I think MAFEX is the way to go for me. Provided their QC doesn't go back in the *******, I feel like I'd be getting more bang for my buck, as well as not having to deal with the constant futzing of the outfit. Plus I'm getting two figures for about $150.

I might try to find a 1/6 table/desk to display some of his weapons on.

This figure is hard to figure out how you want to display.

Yes, a duffle bag or a table. Table would be perfect for the pistol case/currency. Currently searching for 1/6 scale dogs right now.

Let us know if you find a dog. I've been searching with no luck. I think a duffle bag and table are great suggestions for displaying all of this stuff. Normally I don't display all of the accessories, but it seems silly not to here.

As much as this figure looks amazing, I think MAFEX is the way to go for me. Provided their QC doesn't go back in the *******, I feel like I'd be getting more bang for my buck, as well as not having to deal with the constant futzing of the outfit. Plus I'm getting two figures for about $150.

You could pretty much say that for any HT vs. Japanese import figure.

It's gonna be hard to pick which weapon to display him with, although I'll probably just go with the TTI Glock 34. The Benelli will most likely go to my Punisher. The rifle looks pretty damn cool though.

You should really think about getting the Hot Toys figure.

Not that I’m dickriding Hot Toys by any means—they have a history of hit or miss in various aspects of their releases and they’ve pissed me off with some of it this last year—but Mafex is not really worth the price for what you get. The figure joints eventually loosen, yes even recent ones, and since they use printing tech for the faces, they cut that process down tremendously and upcharge the cost of the figure anyway. These were okay at $60, $70, perhaps even $80 a pop. Not for essentially an entire c-note though.

Same with the Bring Arts and Play Arts lines. It’s all overpriced mediocrity and you’ll be lucky to break even, if you decide to sell any of it down the road. At least with most 1/6 figures, you know you’re going to make something back, should you decide to part with it. But I’m a bit jaded I guess, seeing as I sold off some of my Mafex figures and took it right in the ass, because no one truly wants to pay these ludicrous ****ing prices and even more so if they “update” a character later. Most of these import action figures and anime figures have simply become bloated garbage.

There’s a reason why a figure like this sells out on BBTS in less than 12 hours, but the vast majority of Figmas, Mafex and Play Arts linger forever and a day. Even a lot of Figuarts have trouble selling, this includes the Dragon Ball line, which is arguably their most popular line, and it’s dealing with allocation issues at present. People are mostly content with spending a little over $200 for a 1/6 figure—granted, they now seem to be straddling the halfway mark to $300–but $100 for an “okay” representation of a shrunk down character is asking a bit much. Not to mention they are pumping them out like Pez candy.

You’re honestly better off getting the Hot Toys. At least you won’t regret it down the road. I’m not trying to be an ******* either. I’m just speaking from experience and from a different perspective.

Back