Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pissing and moaning because Wolverine is overdue a re-issue.

Already own Mark I so this announcement is lame. I will not support HT by passing on this figure :pfft:

:wink1:

Yeah Hot Toys knows what they're doing! of course they do, one word Noland :cuckoo:

I fail to see how the release of a figure that you obviously don't like or want means they don't know what they are doing, the release of Noland gives four figures to a film that did ____ty at the box office which gives hope to those of us who want figures from X-Men First Class which was a great film but not exactly a commercial blockbuster.

To support figure lines that might not sell well HT has to recoup the funds somewhere and releasing a sure fire seller like an Iron Man or Batman does that. I guarantee you there are some Predators fans who are happy to see their line still getting a little love.

I really hope thet redo the Mark III now too.

I hope For a new III, IV or VI in proper scale, then I'd bite. Keeping the same cast is an easy pass IMO. My biggest gripe since the first Mark III was announced is too blasted skinny.

Mark I is the only Mark which I believe hit the nail on the head. I am curious if this will be like the new Mark II. Assembly required :rotfl

Wasn't looking for an argument. Just adult discourse thats all. Well, those figures make money are are from far more popular lines than many of the other ones they have. It is annoying when they only do 2 figures from say Thor when they should do at least three. However, licenses like Platoon aren't popular enough to make them all.

I know you weren't, i just don't want to get myself all huffed and puffed about it again :lol

My Opinion:

There will be a time and it is coming sooner when their popular lines will have reached their max before the third or fourth remake comes along and people are done, the bubble will burst eventually it they don't expand other licenses.

They can make them popular by assuring collectors they wont be a 'flash in a pan' license that doesn't take off, collectors would be more inclined to pick up the first two of a five character line up if they knew they were getting the other three down the line.

Popularity is subjective in collecting, but Iron Man has been popular for so long now that there isn't much left to do, that to me signals the time to build on other licenses

Same principle as gaming, buyers get more and more tired with sequels that they branch out into new franchises or franchises they didn't pay attention to before hand, same with the film industry there are many that are sick of sequels and Reboots/remakes.

I simply want them to expand on other licenses beside Iron Man and Batman, give those fans their figures without a cloud of the line being canned before the first figure hits hanging over them.
They've done it in the past, but are just too comfortable pushing Iron Man and others til their dead and then pimping out their cores for more.

The easiest way to explain my position is:

I'm an Iron Man and Batman fan who has gotten quite a few from the lines, grown bored by the remakes and variants, looked elsewhere to collecting other licenses to find their aren't many for "collecting" as their aren't enough to collect, just 2 or 3 to have and look alone on the shelf.

If people really want this i wont hate them for it, but i can't support a system that has gone beyond line completion and ventured into absurd levels or remakes and variants and continues to encourage it from Hot Toys.

Now how about a hug :1-1:

To support figure lines that might not sell well HT has to recoup the funds somewhere and releasing a sure fire seller like an Iron Man or Batman does that.

They made figures from many different licenses before Iron Man and Batman were introduced.

Those lines each had a lot of figures, they were developed so the fans of those lines got quite a few to keep them happy, this argument of Iron Man and Batman selling like mad allows HT to take risks by making less popular licenses is flawed by their business practice before Iron Man and Batman,.

They did okay then without them, why not now? because they have become too reliant on those licenses.... and the greed.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat for a new Wolverine too...I was stoked about getting the first one but the film blew and the headsculpt was subpar in my opinion. I would kill for one from X2 from the mansion attack, with a costume to recreate the Deathstrike fight too.

Wolverine is criminally overlooked, as well as the whole first three films in general.

I fail to see how the release of a figure that you obviously don't like or want means they don't know what they are doing, the release of Noland gives four figures to a film that did ____ty at the box office which gives hope to those of us who want figures from X-Men First Class which was a great film but not exactly a commercial blockbuster.

To support figure lines that might not sell well HT has to recoup the funds somewhere and releasing a sure fire seller like an Iron Man or Batman does that. I guarantee you there are some Predators fans who are happy to see their line still getting a little love.

Don't try and make out I'm dissing the predator franchise! coz I'm not. I'm merely drawing attention to the fact of all the characters they could of used, they chose a fat laurence fishbourne. Cuchillo would of been a far better choice.

Now Hot Toys should remake the Aliens Warrior, and send one to everyone that bought the original POS version with disintegrating joints....

Now that my own particular sour grapes are out of the way, I approve of this move even though I own the first Mark I (headsculpt aside, one of HT's best figures). Whether I buy the new Mark I will depend on what they change; if it's just a new improved Stark headsculpt it will be no sale, since I only intend to display my Mark I in the Hall of Armor; I might even tinker with hooking the chest LED up to an external power source now that I would no longer be butchering an $800 figure.

Hopefully this means they will do a third release of the Mark III armor with corrected proportions to face off against the Monger.

Hopefully this means they will do a third release of the Mark III armor with corrected proportions to face off against the Monger.

Why stop there...

Make pepper potts, make Justin Hammer, make justin hammer's body guards, make racetrack diorama, make Rodey from Iron Man 1, make rhodey from IM2, make jetplanes!make tanks!make top secret project! Make top secret project 2!

:lol

Their re-releasing wouldn't make me question buying the first of a new figure. If it does get re-released 2, 3, 4 years down the road, oh well. But that's a few years longer I'd have to wait, if it ever does come.

Really, this mostly just hurts the secondary markets. When they make TDKR Bane, I'm not going to think, "Maybe I should wait, in case they make another one." If it looks good, I'll get it. But if I really wanted a T2 T-800, I'd definitely think about skipping eBay, and hoping for a re-release / similar release.

:exactly:

I own the original Mark I and have no problem with HT remaking it. As many have said, I'm very curious to see how they will improve on such an amazing figure, besides the headsculpt of course.

And I also hope that this means Wolvie is up for a remake as well! I wasn't 100% on the original release and passed, so I hope they revisit him and maybe go with his X2 look.

I don't think anybody should collect thinking, "Oh, I'll hold off because in 3-5 years they'll just re-release it." I bought the Mark I after the fact and paid a bit for it, because I wanted it. I also want what the new Mark I. I still bought the original Mark II even after the new one was announced because I wanted it.

I collect because I enjoy collecting and enjoy the movies (properties) to which I collect.

I also think the new Mark I will retail for $375 (if not more) anyway.

$375! Ack! I sure hope not! At that price I hope you can take Stark out of the armor!

I sure hope HT has the approval for the new head sculpt, so we can get a look when the promo/specs come up.

$375! Ack! I sure hope not! At that price I hope you can take Stark out of the armor!

:slap

Why would it cost more than a DX FIGURE? It's a regular release. Last Iron Man figure cost $209. This will be $209 TOPS!

I don't mind a new Mark I. I paid $150 for the original. The new one will be past $300 for sure (and I'll probably get that too).

I do feel bad for the people who overpaid for an original Mark I. It just goes to show you that Hot Toys are nice pieces, just not figures that are meant to retain any sort of value. They really are Toys (expensive ones!)!

:slap

Why would it cost more than a DX FIGURE? It's a regular release. Last Iron Man figure cost $209. This will be $209 TOPS!

The prototype is not even out yet and you are sure that this won't go above $209? Maybe they might adjust the scale as some have said it's not really 1/6th of its size. I can see this closer to $250-$300 especially if it's release date is anywhere in the Q3-Q4 of 2012.

I'm curious what they could improve to make me want to buy it. Aside from the face sculpt which I have never displayed anyway.

I find this interesting. Hot Toys has made...

17 Terminator figures
20 Iron Man figures/sets (including this one)

The Terminator encompasses 3 films and Iron Man emcompasses 2 films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back