Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminator encompasses four films. (Terminator, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Terminator: Salvation) HT has supported them all.

Terminator encompasses four films. (Terminator, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Terminator: Salvation) HT has supported them all.

I dont recall HT doing any from the third (thats why i didnt list it), either way having more figures from 2 Iron Man films than 3 or 4 Terminator makes no sense to me.

They did okay then without them, why not now? because they have become too reliant on those licenses.... and the greed.

This argument is flawed already from the go. That's like saying Apple made a lot of products before so they aren't using profits from the iPhone to fund other research or launching other products by putting out a new one every year because they didn't in the past. Of course they are reliant because those licenses make money. They will be until that well dries up just like any other company.

HT's lines have never been extensive except for maybe the argument of the Predators and the Aliens franchises, which WERE the Iron Man and Batman of the past for them, Batman and Iron Man are pulling in the money for them now more than the others so they are using it as much as possible. If you search hard enough people were _____ing about getting various Predators but not Lex Luthor from Superman Returns (which was MMS13) or Scarecrow or Ra's from the original BB line (which was 14), etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure in couple of years I'm sure people will be _____ing about two other lines that are dominating.

I have the MK. I, I don't think HT could really make me want a "better" version of him. This shouldn't be a surprise considering they said this was coming, the funny thing is people who are pissed are the ones who want to flip theres and the people who paid higher prices. Thems the breaks boys. This is a good thing for all of the newer collectors but my hope is Hot Toys makes this different enough to differentiate the two figures. I like SSC's business model of never re-releasing their figures, it adds to the collectibility of it all. I dunno, we'll see.

I dont recall HT doing any from the third (thats why i didnt list it)

I believe the first one, MMS 01 Battle Damaged Terminator was in support of the third film's likeness even though there wasn't really a Arnold likeness.

qnoizs.jpg

How many updates did they do for Predators? It doesn't look like a whole lot from the Batman/Iron Man catalog I dug up from their site.

BATMAN SERIES:
The Dark Knight: MMS71 (11/2008) -> DX02 (2/2010)
Batman Begins: MMS12 (6/2006) -> MMS67 (8/2008) -> Bruce Wayne TF Exclusive (10/2011)
Joker: MMS68 (8/2008) -> Banker Joker (12/2008) / DX01 (11/2009)

IRON MAN SERIES:
Iron Man Mk I: MMS80 (8/2009) -> V2 (2012??)
Iron Man Mk II: MMS78 (4/2009) -> Unleashed (12/2011)
Iron Man Mk III: MMS75 (1/2009) -> Battle Damaged MMS110 (4/2010)
Iron Man Mk IV: MMS123 (12/2010) -> Iron Man Mk IV Gantry w/Mk IV Figure (4/2012) - Alternates: Secret Project (Grey) and Stealth Armor (Blue)

They might as well reissue Mech Suit Test version.

If you are mad that this is getting rereleased, you are lame. Sorry if this release ruins your investment plans. I don't care about rereleases, these things are still really limited. All I care about is my collection, I don't hate on the next guy who may have passed on something at first then gets another opportunity. Don't remember this much hate for all the Joker rehashes.

I do see why the MK2 & MK3 from the original Ironman 1 series needs re-issues as they look like toys when compared to the Ironman 2 series figs. But I don't really see how HT can make a 'better' MK1 too besides the face sculpt. Wonder what's the reason for this re-issue

They have literally remade the entire first line of Ironman figures:lol The only one they haven't done yet is Tony Stark Mech test.

I bought Mark 1 for retail and this news does not bother me at all. Im glad people can finally complete their collection. However I will say, the time of buying HT off Ebay is OVER. I will never again consider paying over retail for ANY HT product from now on. Its not worth the risk.

I do see why the MK2 & MK3 from the original Ironman 1 series needs re-issues as they look like toys when compared to the Ironman 2 series figs. But I don't really see how HT can make a 'better' MK1 too besides the face sculpt. Wonder what's the reason for this re-issue

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_6CQ5R558"]Vince McMahon: It's all about the money! - YouTube[/ame]

However I will say, the time of buying HT off Ebay is OVER. I will never again consider paying over retail for ANY HT product from now on. Its not worth the risk.

Exactly! They will remake every figure they have ever made. I am waiting for a remake of the Big Chap. I'm not paying over-retail (or even retail) for a figure that falls apart.

I think I might stop collecting soon and collect again in 5 years when they starts at MMS 1 again.

I really am getting sick of HT doing all of these remakes now. If people didn't jump on the items back when they are available, that is their problem and they can pay the current going rate for those items. HT is really going to shoot themselves in the foot with all of these rereleases because people are going to stop buying V1s of items just to wait for the better V2.

The only thing needing improvement on the Mark 1 was the Tony sculpt. And frankly you should have the helmet down anyway so it could have been a generic face under there for all I cared.

If they insist on rereleasing figures that go for large sums of money, they need to do them from different filmes. Ie Wolverine. Make him in his Logan outfit from any of the original 3 X-men films. People who own the original will be happy and those that missed out will be happy. Just remaking just to remake really take away from these being 'limited edition' collectibles.

:clap :goodpost: :clap :goodpost: :clap :exactly:

Well said!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0_vOE_2XE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0_vOE_2XE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited:
The MK1 was arguably the most desirable & iconic figure from HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back