Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can tell it's custom painted because it is lighter than the rest of the armor but I like it. At least its not that dull pink anymore
qenu3eze.jpg

I might have to mix a new color red, this batch was to light, I think hitting it with another coat might make it lighter :D

I know this is not a fade issue question but I have marks 1 through seven all with the plastic battery tabs still in. Think it will be ok to leave them like that or should I remove the batteries? They are all out of the box and displayed in detolfs away from the light and heat.

I've heard of the batteries still corroding even with the tabs still in. Right now i have all the batteries out of all my older IM suits. It wouldn't hurt to check since they're out of the box.

I opened up my War Machine and it was pretty bad. Lucky it didn't eat the plastic tho. Mind you I took out the tabs.

I would remove the batteries if you are not using the light up feature. I have had my batteries leak before so I don't take my chances.

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be removing the batteries from my Iron Men. I even have the gun metal grey mark 3 in the box with the tabs.

Keep misb and try selling it on ebay in the future then you may have a refund waiting to happen.

Hey guys, I see a lot of fixes for the bright red Mark's but what about the paint brand and number for the dark of Mark 3? It seems Mark 3 got a pretty dark color compared to the other ones that fade. Any advice there in regards to the paint to get to match that dark color?

Hi anyone found the exact mix or direct color to repaint Normal Edition Mark III ? which is darker dull red color

I'll be fixing the pink panty issue tomorrow on my Mk. VI. I'll post up some pictures after it's all finished. Hopefully everything will turn out ok haha

So I got through removing the paint, repainting, and then after I get through half of the lines with the Gundam Marker, it just stops working. Extremely annoying!

I just had scale finishes mix up all the colors used for the iron man armors on screen. And he said he will keep them in stock now. It comes ready to airbrush . If u want info on the color names exactly or where on his site to find them let me know.

Hi! I'm making a new job with MARK XLII parts of set of Iron Man 3 Tony Stark.

PD13678315719KA.jpg

And I would like to know which color I'll have to use to paint gold parts. Is it champagne pearl color?

Thanks for all!

And I would like to know which color I'll have to use to paint gold parts. Is it champagne pearl color?
Thanks for all!
There was a thread on RPF discussing the variety of gold paints used for IM projects, I don;t have it bookmarked anymore :banghead

Ok, I'm making a few modifications on twice pieces that Hot Toys made very bad (very very bad).

Next weeks I'll post first photos.

Back