Hot Toys Iron Man Fade Issue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red fades the quickest, the pigments don't hold up as long in the sun, try getting a compound fine compound for automotive scratches, and the red should brighten back up

Can you show us what kind to buy?

This will work but be sure to use a soft cloth no paper towels they are to rough, usually a old t -shirt cotton 2017-03-12-11-01-40--1161273627.jpg

Just a question to those who see the fading on boxed figures... are they stored in a temperature controlled environment or are they in some attic or garage where it can get pretty warm and/or humid depending on what part of the country you're in? The direct sunlight I can understand, but in the box... I would think some environmental factor is involved. Thanks for any info.

Just a question to those who see the fading on boxed figures... are they stored in a temperature controlled environment or are they in some attic or garage where it can get pretty warm and/or humid depending on what part of the country you're in? The direct sunlight I can understand, but in the box... I would think some environmental factor is involved. Thanks for any info.

The box was in a cabinet in my room. So it's not too warm or there's not any moisture issue.

By the way may this one work too? It's for plastic.

6CHfPkv.jpg

Mine were stored in a temperature controlled environment (spare bedroom closet on first floor).

I'm in a tropical country, so we can get quite warm and humid. That said, the figure is displayed in the same room where the closet the boxes were kept in is. So they should have been experiencing equal temperatures and humidity more or less (the closet isn't sealed).

Mine were boxed away in the wardrobe, so no direct sunlight at all and the temperature fo the wardrobe is usually cooler than the room temperature, other than that it's not monitored temperature controlling.

Mine were boxed away in the wardrobe, so no direct sunlight at all and the temperature fo the wardrobe is usually cooler than the room temperature, other than that it's not monitored temperature controlling.

Same question for you, experience significant or minor fading or none at all?

Mine were boxed in the house in my collection room. No direct sunlight at all due to blackout shades and they still faded. Both my original Mk III, my Mk VI & Mk lV. Gotta check my DC figs.

It's noticeable enough to need to be repainted.

Mine were boxed in the house in my collection room. No direct sunlight at all due to blackout shades and they still faded. Both my original Mk III, my Mk VI & Mk lV. Gotta check my DC figs.

It's noticeable enough to need to be repainted.

Yikes, that's scary to hear!

Do keep us posted on your diecast ones.

I took my mark 7 out of storage early last year and it was fine. Recently after being on display for a little more than a year I noticed the closed fist hands have faded. Nothing else has faded. Can't believe hot toys can't figure out how to prevent this. I have diecast cars from the 1990s with no fading.

Diecast isn't the same as plastic, even different plastics aren't the same as eachother. The softer plastic used in the fist and repulsor hands (and the panties in older figures) is the material that is having issue with paint fading, the hard plastic in articulated hands and the rest of the figure have been fine.

Just got a brand new Mark 43. Seller checked the contents before shipping and, when I received it, 1 fisted hand and 1 repulsor hand has faded. I contacted him and he said its a normal problem. Should I be annoyed that he missed the fading when he was checking or is this something I should just accept? Maybe if it had not fade I would be able to keep the colour.

Back