Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I concede that we are all collecting dolls. I'm not hung up on the idea of having dolls on my shelf. But having said that, yeah, plastic hair would be preferable to me, and would make me more inclined to buy a figure. Just my preference, so I wish HT would go that route. Yes, you would reduce articulation, but the "real" hair is just too much. Not necessarily that it reminds me of Barbie, but like I said before, it makes it another kind of toy somehow that I don't like. Maybe I am too hung up on it, but it is a pretty major issue for me personally. I really hope Sideshow doesn't go that route with female GI Joes, or there is a better than fair chance that I will pass on them.

I don't have the Machiko, and I don't know much about it, so I can't comment on that.

Fair enough man! I do totally get where you are coming from.
I'm on the fence.

I think I'm gonna watch this space and see if they will make any changes.

I can't help but think that if indeed her body was improved upon and the mouth closed, the hair may not bother as many folks.

I think it's the combo of both hair and sex doll looking lips is not helping with how folks view her.

Her headsculpt is fantastic. Seriously everyone quit yer _____in so she comes out just like this. :lol

Only thing the outfit can use a little work...

I agree I'm glad she has a face expression. I remember everyone made big deal about the michael jackson thriller figure, the end result his face was change and everyone complaining said they didn't ask for a resculpt.

scarlett+johansson+black+widow.jpg

Give me more a look like this or a touch more of a stern look to it and change the outfit material to more of a cloth/spandex over the leather and I'd be 110% down for one.

well this is a buy no matter what. Just a matter of whether she will be in control in the heavily male figure space or be every figures Beatch :lol

Looks good overall, but I agree that the face/expression makes her look like a Real Doll. I'm usually pretty lenient on face sculpts, but this one seems more off than others. It's only in certain angles that she looks like ScarJo. And I think they overdid the blotchy skin and texture. I know ScarJo has some freckles, but on the figure they look like a rash! :lol Besides, overall ScarJo has a nice, smooth porcelain complexion, especially in some of those movie stills. I like the outfit, though. I think it's a good interpretation.

She'll be at the Iron Man 2 HT expo in Taiwan starting on the 14th. ;)

I just love everything about this figure... definite keeper! ;)

I will be in Taipei City by near the end of the month, where in Taiwan and what location is the HT expo going to be at? I would love to see all the protos.

Looks Great but i'll have to pass....just not my thing....hopefullly Sideshow gives us something in CQ\PF

Looks Great but i'll have to pass....just not my thing....hopefullly Sideshow gives us something in CQ\PF

You Shall Not Pass.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/V4UfAL9f74I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/V4UfAL9f74I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm thinking I'll pick this up along with WM.... Has anyone seen a price point aside from the 169.99 on BBTS? ABC Express has her on sale for around 129.99 (I think) on the Bay?

The only thing they have to change is the suit material to spandex with texture ala superman returns, that would make her more poseable. the pleather will crack with extreme poses.
They got it right so far with every figures clothing they have produced, so I don't know who came up with this decision?

Like the figure or not, you can't deny its been great having all of these ScarJo pics repeating over and over. She may not be the best actress or even people's first choice for Black Widow but the debauchery I would allow her to commit on me is the stuff of Epic Poems that would make the Illiad look as if written by crayon.

You Shall Not Pass.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/V4UfAL9f74I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/V4UfAL9f74I&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh trust me, I Will Pass! :nana:

Back