Hot Toys - Iron Man 2: Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are being unrealistic as to what can be achieved. I have seen better but still not to scale zipper lines/pulls but then they were fake, non-functional ones and in this case they needed to be the functional ones. Take a look at T-800 leather jacket as I believe those are an example of fake ones and it can be done as the jacket stays open
As for material fabric would be more appropriate but I suspect you could not make those details.
asking for different kind of clothing material is not an unrealistic request. asking for the zipper pull be made smaller is also not an unrealistic request. but i like your idea even better - just use fake non-functional zipper. you can used snap-on underneath it to open/close the zipper line.

things can always be improved.

I am a huge fans of Yulli, this HS is simply the best female sculpt from HT. But the female TT is still too skinny, I also very worry about the farbric used on the figure, this PV material (Medicom use the same kind of PV on their Ultraman and Kamen rider figure) which will melt/crack very easy and wont last long.

Black Widow is the same price as Sarah, around $100 USD, I'll pre-order her when picking up the MJ DX :panic::panic::panic:

30830_392251997343_58690437343_4481232_5454364_n.jpg

Her likeness looks better in the last pics, although I believe her outfit should be tighter and maybe that's where the curves would come in more. I like the hair, it looks fine, maybe close the mouth a lil and it will come together a lil more.

Price point it's not bad and giving release date if she doesn't get in the way of other pieces this might be a go for me if they improve on the HS likeness but I do like the latest pics above the production leaked photos.

i still cannot get over how ugly these corner flaps are:

20100510_54c7dc5d032aee02ae86W7HyHZ.jpg

and see the different shapes of the end flaps between the two:
scarlettjohanssonblackwidow.jpg

20100510_63a87264b474156ef31cNGGSMM.jpg

i also think her shoulders look like it's off her sockets. they should be pushed in a bit more.

i think i'll take mike's advice and wait for her v2 in the near future. but everyone go buy this version, ensure its success, thus making her chance of getting a v2 closer to reality. :yess:

I actually really like the hair but that expression is hideous, as others have said it looks like some sort of sex doll. This pic cr` posted shows how beautiful it could be.

scarlett+johansson+black+widow.jpg

At the moment she just looks a bit gormless.

Looks okay. Likeness is awesome, but like everyone else said, the expression is terrible. Suit is underwhelming. I feel like Hot Toys could have done better in that area.

and i think it's a shame these sex dolls have not yet been made:

SiennaKate_468x435.jpg

both came out earlier, and both look hotter in black skintight costumes than scarjo does.

I would LOVE a Sienna Miller Hot Toys figure, the best part about the SDCC one was the BOX ART

If it is actually $115 I might bite although I'm not happy with the expression and not sold on the rooted hair. Looks good in the proto shots but I'm still thinking it'll come in looking like Humidity Hair Barbie

040119_friends_vmed.widec.jpg

I'm just not up on having to actually comb her hair or something along those lines. Even at $115 its still on the lower tier of wants but it'll definitely begin to have me take notice. Timing is everything though, if this ships at the same time as War Machine for example it'll be an easy call of who to cut.

:rotfl

Nice reference pic.

Makes sense, I guess for me overall I'll take the chance on it for that price. Again though, I like the look of it and if it truly is that price I will be ecstatic as I planned on a much higher price of admission for her.

When ARE these going to start shipping anyways? :dunno

I'm still too new to the game to know exactly how this typically works for Hot Toys. Are these pretty much the only figures we will have in hand for this year from IM2?

I see the hair is an issue for some. I really like it, makes me wish Hot Toys would do another Sarah Connor headsculpt with this method. That character badly needs her hair-down as she appeared in the majority of her scenes in the outfit they gave her.

This Black Widow figure looks fairly excellent to me. It pains me to pass on such a work of brilliance.

Back