1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't see how it would work. It would be heavy so very hard to pose (not that you can pose this suit that great anyway) and it would have a ton of gaps. It would look like a Iron man suit painted to look like spiderman.

Now that i said that i could see them making a iron man suit painted in spiderman colors as an exclusive or something as they have done everything else :lol

Ha...so would that be Spider Iron Man or Iron Spider...?

Anyways, I believe in HT's engineering and craftsmanship and if they really put their minds to it I'm sure they could produce a Diecast version of Iron Spidey that would look aesthetically pleasing without all the gaps and still have a lot of function too. They have no reason not to give it a try! They could charge up to $400 and we fools would still buy it! :panic:

I just don't see how it would work. It would be heavy so very hard to pose (not that you can pose this suit that great anyway) and it would have a ton of gaps. It would look like a Iron man suit painted to look like spiderman.

Now that i said that i could see them making a iron man suit painted in spiderman colors as an exclusive or something as they have done everything else :lol

Yep totally agree. Just have a look at that pose I posted. How would you get the articulation on the legs without massive gaps in museum stance. Yes I know Iron Man has moveable flaps etc. But they would also look out of place on a thin figure like this.

People expect articulation with Spiderman and this is why they went with the material they went with. It gives a metallic "iron" look while having the flexibility and light weight needed. We're not talking nano CGI material here with these figures.

I personally don't think they would attempt a die cast version at this point.

[...]
I personally don't think they would attempt a die cast version at this point.

If you look at the diecast Mark V, you get an idea of what it might look like, in the sense that it's a sleeker, more form-fitting armour. If you smoothed out all those panels and slimmed it down, you would still wind up with conspicuous joints that would make it look mechanical. What works in say, an S.H. Figuarts action figure wouldn't be so effective in this scale, IMO. I don't think they'd do it either.

Just got this one. Don't like the materials. Hopefully they can reissue a diecast version.

I doubt they re-do this as diecast. While it technically is an armor it's not a traditional Iron Man type and I don't think it really is needed.

If you look at the diecast Mark V, you get an idea of what it might look like, in the sense that it's a sleeker, more form-fitting armour. If you smoothed out all those panels and slimmed it down, you would still wind up with conspicuous joints that would make it look mechanical. What works in say, an S.H. Figuarts action figure wouldn't be so effective in this scale, IMO. I don't think they'd do it either.

Perhaps, but I think I'd take some conspicuous gaps and a mechanical look over lots of thick, ugly folds anytime you pose this figure even the slightest bit-- folds which make it look even more like a rubber costume than the sleek metallic nanosuit it was supposed to be.

Now just having unboxed it the suit is definitely a concern. Looks terrific though. Museum pose all the way for me. With the spider arms in his back a museum pose is still imposing. I harvested a crotch grabber post from a cheap stand, I don't want the suit being touched or squeezed by the included grabber. Even in a mostly straight up and down pose there is still slight creasing on his foot which seems to be the norm.

As nice as this figure is I kinda doubt they do a die-cast version, but this is Marvel and HT so I suppose it's possible. But I'm not sure it's practical for even HT to pull off. The joints and lights would be really problematic for a character the size of Tom Holland. Even the Mark V die-cast is overscaled a good bit. The die-cast would also be close to double the price and you would still be making compromises, just different compromises. I'm good with this one I think. If you want something next level go for the Iron Studios 1/4 statue I guess.

Special thanks to Crazygmpoker for going out of his way to look up a coupon that saved money on this guy!

Now just having unboxed it the suit is definitely a concern. Looks terrific though. Museum pose all the way for me. With the spider arms in his back a museum pose is still imposing. I harvested a crotch grabber post from a cheap stand, I don't want the suit being touched or squeezed by the included grabber. Even in a mostly straight up and down pose there is still slight creasing on his foot which seems to be the norm.

As nice as this figure is I kinda doubt they do a die-cast version, but this is Marvel and HT so I suppose it's possible. But I'm not sure it's practical for even HT to pull off. The joints and lights would be really problematic for a character the size of Tom Holland. Even the Mark V die-cast is overscaled a good bit. The die-cast would also be close to double the price and you would still be making compromises, just different compromises. I'm good with this one I think. If you want something next level go for the Iron Studios 1/4 statue I guess.

Special thanks to Crazygmpoker for going out of his way to look up a coupon that saved money on this guy!

:duff glad I could help!

I'm back and forth on if I want this or not. I have the tech suit which is pretty good, but the Iron Spider is cool looking too despite the fact that the suit limits how it should be posed. Seems like this will see some action in Far From Home so it'll have been in three films. Might wait and see what the upcoming black and red suit looks like though.

I think this guy is amazing. Will never need another spiderman for me. He has such presence. No need for me to worry about the suit as he will never leave this pose:yess:

20190617_192544.jpg
20190617_192644.jpg

Hey. I'm in need of a little help. I just got in my Iron Spider-Man and the alignment is off in the suit on his right leg. I can't get the front of the "boot" to line up like it is on the left leg. I've tried twisting the suit but it won't stay and I don't want to rip it. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just being crazy? Sideshow support said this was common but I'm not seeing it in any one else's pictures. Thank you
6b6114927f2199a71c63b16b06727387.jpg
716d1a40d953aa13aceaf1b4e3dba4c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. The rep who responded to my email said it was normal. I might have to call. Thanks for the response. I don't feel crazy. [emoji3]

Yup it’s happened to mine too. Not obvious when put in a slight pose, and this is one figure I pose a lot - amazing what a simple torso twist can do to how he looks!

80ad956f026011afe68893d0d65b618e.jpg

Hey. I'm in need of a little help. I just got in my Iron Spider-Man and the alignment is off in the suit on his right leg. I can't get the front of the "boot" to line up like it is on the left leg. I've tried twisting the suit but it won't stay and I don't want to rip it. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just being crazy? Sideshow support said this was common but I'm not seeing it in any one else's pictures. Thank you
6b6114927f2199a71c63b16b06727387.jpg
716d1a40d953aa13aceaf1b4e3dba4c8.jpg

Yikes, that's pretty bad and totally not "normal." You should def try to get it exchanged.

Yup it’s happened to mine too. Not obvious when put in a slight pose, and this is one figure I pose a lot - amazing what a simple torso twist can do to how he looks!

Yeah I had the exact same issue. The right leg for the longest time refused to stay aligned, where any time I bent or moved the leg it would revert. However eventually I got it to look more or less fine, even when I posed the figure back and forth.

Mine was a little worse than that. The boot was facing completely outward.

I would push for an exchange, or return it if not. There's nothing you can do to adjust it because of how the suit is sewn together.

I don't know if I would call it common as the boot was facing forward for most everyone on this board when I checked before I got mine replaced.

The replacement I received was perfect. Both boots forward.

I bought it from Timewalker and the folks there were kind enough to get a replacement for me.

Thanks again to everyone who's taking the time to respond. I'm trying to work it out with Sideshow now...

Back