1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. I'm in need of a little help. I just got in my Iron Spider-Man and the alignment is off in the suit on his right leg. I can't get the front of the "boot" to line up like it is on the left leg. I've tried twisting the suit but it won't stay and I don't want to rip it. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I just being crazy? Sideshow support said this was common but I'm not seeing it in any one else's pictures. Thank you
6b6114927f2199a71c63b16b06727387.jpg
716d1a40d953aa13aceaf1b4e3dba4c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with mine (page 117) I posted pictures of mine with toothpicks to show just how uneven my left leg was. I bought mine from pop-culture zone and he traded mine out. The second one I got did not have that problem. What you’re saying kind reminds me when I got my ghost rider from them. There was glue dried on the pants. When I called they said it was common and gave me $30 back.

It's probably been sewn crooked. If twisting it back into place over the truetype body doesn't work then there's probably not much you can do to fix it.

I had the same problem with mine (page 117) I posted pictures of mine with toothpicks to show just how uneven my left leg was. I bought mine from pop-culture zone and he traded mine out. The second one I got did not have that problem. What you’re saying kind reminds me when I got my ghost rider from them. There was glue dried on the pants. When I called they said it was common and gave me $30 back.

Mine looks exactly like the pictures show of others with misaligned suits. I tried a bit to twist the suit into the proper position but it was impossible and I got worried about damaging the suit. Send a request for exchange to Sideshow so we'll see what happens...

Mine came in messed up too. Both legs, and the neck. Plus a small dent just under where the head rests, very visible. They responded that they will get back to me soon. Never had an issue before. I'm guessing they're getting a ton of complaints about this figure
be36b6e05a589817715b8732d76f9041.jpg
2d93a2109b5f194c7565d5d770a55677.jpg
d6305415273e7bce8cc8be7a556a3748.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine came in messed up too. Both legs, and the neck. Plus a small dent just under where the head rests, very visible. They responded that they will get back to me soon. Never had an issue before. I'm guessing they're getting a ton of complaints about this figure
be36b6e05a589817715b8732d76f9041.jpg
2d93a2109b5f194c7565d5d770a55677.jpg
d6305415273e7bce8cc8be7a556a3748.jpg

Ouch. Sorry to see others are dealing with it too. Hopefully you get a replacement. I'm still waiting for their follow up response to mine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I’d rather not gamble on a used one and would prefer working with Sideshow to either exchange or return if need be.

I think I’d rather not gamble on a used one and would prefer working with Sideshow to either exchange or return if need be.

At least if it's uses you'll know what you're getting. Sideshow has told several people those ****ed up legs are normal. ********.

Initially my Iron Spider was fine as it pertains to this twisting of the suit on the lower leg that I'm seeing on these recent pictures. I kept him in a statue like pose until recently when I decided to pose him up and bend the legs and what not. Now on my Iron Spider, the gold portion of the boot design near the knee that looks out of place on the pictures above I noticed on one of the legs. All I did was just mess around and twisting of the suit and played around bending the knee and foot to get it straightened back out. I think this occurs when you start posing him. Like I said, I just straightened him out and put him back in the museum pose and he's back to normal and the typical costume sag has somewhat snapped back, just a few wrinkles on the ankles and maybe some other spots but looks fine to me. Well that's my experience with this figure so your mileage may vary.

Initially my Iron Spider was fine as it pertains to this twisting of the suit on the lower leg that I'm seeing on these recent pictures. I kept him in a statue like pose until recently when I decided to pose him up and bend the legs and what not. Now on my Iron Spider, the gold portion of the boot design near the knee that looks out of place on the pictures above I noticed on one of the legs. All I did was just mess around and twisting of the suit and played around bending the knee and foot to get it straightened back out. I think this occurs when you start posing him. Like I said, I just straightened him out and put him back in the museum pose and he's back to normal and the typical costume sag has somewhat snapped back, just a few wrinkles on the ankles and maybe some other spots but looks fine to me. Well that's my experience with this figure so your mileage may vary.

Going to give that a try tonight. I haven't heard back from Sideshow yet but suspect I'll get the same "they're all like this" answer.

Could it be as simple as the sewn seam on the inside of the leg getting snagged on the truetype body underneath somewhere, thus making it not sit in the right position over the knee ?

I got this guy recently and I must say with all the negative feedback this figure has been getting. I think it's a pretty amazing figure. I love the claws and you can put him in some pretty awesome poses considering you are careful on how you pose him. My only gripe would be is the heads they seem to come off at times if you move him a certain way. Kind of hate the magnet thing, but I guess that was they only way they could make it work. Since I'll be getting the movie promo Far From Home Spider-Man (prays I get him being on the waiting list) I should be able to use the Tom Holland head on him. Another thing on the Iron Spider-man is, how the hell do you get those tiny batteries into the helmet? Any help would be appreciative.

I got this guy recently and I must say with all the negative feedback this figure has been getting. I think it's a pretty amazing figure. I love the claws and you can put him in some pretty awesome poses considering you are careful on how you pose him. My only gripe would be is the heads they seem to come off at times if you move him a certain way. Kind of hate the magnet thing, but I guess that was they only way they could make it work. Since I'll be getting the movie promo Far From Home Spider-Man (prays I get him being on the waiting list) I should be able to use the Tom Holland head on him. Another thing on the Iron Spider-man is, how the hell do you get those tiny batteries into the helmet? Any help would be appreciative.

I got on the waitlist for the FFH Movie Promo Edition less than a week ago and it converted today. Yours should convert too soon I guess!

No guys, no amount of twisting will straighten it out. The panels were not sewn correctly.

Sideshow actually got back to me saying they will send a replacement body, as mine didn't only have the issue with the legs, but the neck and a scuff as well.

I kind of accepted it, and just put him up last night, it's hardly noticeable, but noticeable nonetheless I hope the new body is correct.
f0d29cc05badfaa41c8502a67c79a347.jpg

Could it be as simple as the sewn seam on the inside of the leg getting snagged on the truetype body underneath somewhere, thus making it not sit in the right position over the knee ?
The problem is, the suit is essentially attached down at the foot. So if it get locked in the wrong position, the entire leg will be out of whack. So trying to twist it straight will do nothing as the anchor at the foot will make it go back.

Just pulled the trigger on this one and the ganghood "sound of sadness" teen casual outfit set. They will look great next to my pair from HC. Hating that I missed out on homemade outfit from the first movie, it's going for crazy money on ebay now.

Back