Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ANOTHER SKULL! Dude you read my mind. They totally should. I wonder which one if they do. No mention of it in those photos though. Will just have to wait to see.
well, the elder didn't come with a skull, so there's a 50-50 shot at this one having a skull.
but it's an extremely limited run, so they might as well pack it with as much as possible.

then again, it's not like the majority of buyers know or care what a gort predator is.
they just know there's only 500 made so it doesn't matter what it comes with as far as ebay is concerned.

When will this go on preorder?? because ive never gotten a hot toys predator, and this is my chance of getting one. I am super pumped!!!!!

since this a tokyo toy fair exclusive, i imagine some retailers in japan will get a hold of it, maybe hlj too. i'll keep my eyes peeled and post here if i find it at any of the regular online toy stores. i imagine blister will have it too. might be cheaper ordering through a shop-4-u site from an official retailer than ebay.

Well where ever i can get one i will be. I have no idea where to look for these types of exclusives (other than ebay) so any info closer and at there release im sure would make some very happy boardies... myself included :)

Don't remember that at all. What did it look like?

i wish i saved the pic. it was celtic/elder i wana say, no mask, ...duuuughhh i cant remember all the details. :gah: sorry man.

if they were to make another pred ide like to see the new GAME VERSION! i thought they did a great design for that charicter, and it wouldnt be a rehash of the same parts.

Last edited:
Mark my words: I WILL GET ME ONE OF THESE. Maybe not right away, but I'll track one down someday. Hopefully SS will get their own Exclusive version of this ala the AVP Ancient Predator. I'll buy up all the P2 Lost Predators they make. They'll look great with my P2 Elder and P2 Battle Damaged. :hi5:

GEEZ! Calm down!
Looks like some of you are about to have a panic attack! :slap

They did the same thing with the Grid Alien from AVP and the Exclusive Battle Damaged T-600.

Hot Toys releases a limited amount in Asia at first and creates a "hype" about the figure, then re-releases a larger sum for the rest of us. :lecture

Just look how easy the Grid and BD-600 is to find nowadays. :wink1:
All we had to do is wait.

:peace

GEEZ! Calm down!
Looks like some of you are about to have a panic attack! :slap

They did the same thing with the Grid Alien from AVP and the Exclusive Battle Damaged T-600.

Hot Toys releases a limited amount in Asia at first and creates a "hype" about the figure, then re-releases a larger sum for the rest of us. :lecture

Just look how easy the Grid and BD-600 is to find nowadays. :wink1:
All we had to do is wait.

:peace

After how long do they re release the figure from the exclusive release?

@FACEBOX: Well, you do have a point... I got my Grid Alien mint in box off Amazon.com (I know, right?) last December for a cool $115 shipped. Having that said, we're talking about a Predator. These puppies (with the exception of the first Lost Pred) tend to sell faster and for more dough. It might be 'easy', but not for long and certainly not for cheap.

If memory serves me, and it may not, I believe some of them were announced through Sideshow rather quickly after their Asian release, but others were not. When I bought the Asian Exclusive Ancient Elder, it came out pretty fast through Sideshow, but I think there was a pretty large timeframe between the Asian release and US announcement of Grid Alien.

They might also release it through Sideshow with a slight variation, similar to the SDCC Gunmetal Iron Man that had a different nameplate on it's base for the Asian release since it was distributed through that Asian retailer called Silly Thing or whatever.

I'm not sure what the time frame is or will be.
All I know is that if there is money to be made, it will come.

I just feel bad for those who spend a large sum at Ebay to get something, when they can get it for retail just a few months later.
Sure, Hot Toys Predators are no joke... but the craziness only starts when they production stops and they sell out.

Sideshow and Toys2 won't let us down.
Additionally, while the Gort is nothing less than awesomesause... I'm going to pass on it.
My eyes are on Terminator, AVATAR and IronMan atm.

I'm not sure what the time frame is or will be.
All I know is that if there is money to be made, it will come.

I just feel bad for those who spend a large sum at Ebay to get something, when they can get it for retail just a few months later.
Sure, Hot Toys Predators are no joke... but the craziness only starts when they production stops and they sell out.

Definitely. Nothing worse than spending a lot of time hunting for a deal for a rare item, only to drop $$ on it and find out there is a re-release later.

This will be the new Celtic Predator.

Wonder if I should sell my P2 for this... hmm... eh... um...
No. Absolutely not. I've made a vow. This guy's mine at Christmas. I wonder when he'll be out, though. That's the point of concern.

Wonder if I should sell my P2 for this... hmm... eh... um...
No. Absolutely not. I've made a vow. This guy's mine at Christmas. I wonder when he'll be out, though. That's the point of concern.

I have no clue, but I assume sometime around Q2-Q3 this year. Thats when the show is, I think. Then once it is released there I think that a small amount will be sent to Sideshow and Toys2.net. Then it'll go up for order for around $200 and ship around Q1-Q2 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back