Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no clue, but I assume sometime around Q2-Q3 this year. Thats when the show is, I think. Then once it is released there I think that a small amount will be sent to Sideshow and Toys2.net. Then it'll go up for order for around $200 and ship around Q1-Q2 2011.

:goodpost: Yup. I hope this is the case. If not, I'll just have to do some selling of other toys to make room/$$ for him.

:goodpost: Yup. I hope this is the case. If not, I'll just have to do some selling of other toys to make room/$$ for him.

Same here, I really want this guy because he looks so damn bad ass! The only thing is that I want to be able to afford him and not pay an arm and a leg like the Celtics and Ancients are going for now.

I wonder if the bio lights up like the P1? That would be the icing on the cake.

I want this guy....but if i cant get him later, then I dont need him.

I rarely buy HT figures when they come out. Gotta get 'em at Christmas or Birthdays.

This is on my buy list over and above the Predators figures... 'Gort' is easily my favourite Lost Hunter! Fortunately I have a spare P2 who has been doing duty as a Gort (with a resin bio) that I can sell to raise funds.

Heck, I might even try to get 2 and make a P1-helmet Lost Hunter :).

If this is an exclusive, are you guys sure their going to re release this, and if they do what will be different to the exclusive?

Looks cool... nice to see them going back and fleshing out some of the older lines. I really figured they were done with anything before the new movie.

If it is a Japan Exclusive, then the best bet to get one of these will probably be one of the Japanese online retailers such as HLJ.

But I believe that HT will probably follow up with international releases of a 'limited' amount in other Asia countries as well as the US. But this is just my own conjecture.

Better to keep our eyes on the Japanese online retailers for now.

So far most figures released as exclusives have been offered by Sideshow. I think the only one in recent memory was the BD T-600 with the 3rd mask.

As an avid Predator fan, I have no idea what all of the love is about for the "Gort" Predator; could someone please explain it to me? Thank you.

As an avid Predator fan, I have no idea what all of the love is about for the "Gort" Predator; could someone please explain it to me? Thank you.

Part of the Lost Predators from Predator 2. Nothing particurlary exciting about them, except that he is one of the cool looking preds from the final scenes in the film.

Part of the Lost Predators from Predator 2. Nothing particurlary exciting about them, except that he is one of the cool looking preds from the final scenes in the film.

That's *slightly* unfair in Gort's case. Trivia buffs will know that the beast-faced helmet was the original design for the first Predator's mask, dropped at the last minute because it was felt to lessen the impact of the Predator's face.

So, you could look at this almost as a Predator 1 concept art piece as well as a Predator 2 figure. Frankly I'm astonished HT didn't make one earlier.

Sorry... not trying to give him an unfair shake :peace :lol

Didn't know that about his mask, although I'd say I do prefer the simpler design of the P1 to Gort's.

I have one of these coming... Once I receive it, I will post some detailed pictures!

I doubt seriously if you have one coming anytime soon.

Hot Toys hasn't even officially announced it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back