Hot Toys Gort Predator: Officially Announced

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this whole eBay exclusive mean ? Is toys2 going to have this up for preorder? Like the Lang t-600???? I have to get this . I am craving a new predator !!!! Arhhhh!
"ebay exclusive" means limited production ensures no chance of ordering it retail.
most of them will end up on ebay because nobody really enforces a one-per-customer policy.

and nobody has this up for pre-order. it isn't even on HT's website yet.

new rebreather

It always bothered me that the BDP2's rebreather looked nothing like the awesome rebreather Adam Jones sculpted and was actually used in the movie. So much so that I actually planned to sculpt my own at some point. Luckily, if I can snag this guy I won't have to. And a snagging I will be, because I showed the girlfriend, and she said, "Yes, get it."

Please, HT, no more instalments for Predator (1, 2, whatever), the franchise is lame and overdone.

yeah and they sell like crap and aren't worth anything, there is zero demand for predator stuff, you can still buy all the avp stuff from years ago at less then retail.

oh wait, I mean the exact opposite of that

and nobody has this up for pre-order. it isn't even on HT's website yet.

does anyone actually remember hot toys released pics of a lost predator for the AVP line? and it never came out, this was actually posted in the sideshow site! pics, preorders, and it just didnt happen. it looked the best outta all the figs for that line and it vanished... just like a demon in the jungle... during the hottest seasons... :slap

I'm with SilentSurfer. Methinks an explanation is in order :). I will say that the repainted P1 head on Gort looks pretty damn cool (the one in the very first article picture, not the pictures that follow). Especially with an accurized rebreather. Probably the first Pred HT has done that's worth displaying with it.
Still, the reused armor and P1 body just isn't cutting it for me. I'd rather collect a hand-selected few HT Preds that have totally different looks. If I'm ever getting another HT Pred this year (after my new gaming comp is purchased), it'd probably be one from "Predators," since it'd be the most different from anything I already own :lecture. I even skipped out on the first lost Pred because of his reworked P2 armor. Well, that and the fact that he's the cheapest Predator they've done; no rush (I'd probably only accept him if he was won free from a giveaway or something).

It looks good, if I had ever gotten the Elder Predator and then bought the Borg Predator this would be a definite NEED. Alas Forbidden Planet.co.uk mislead me into thinking they could secure me an elder back in the day, it never happened, thus I saw no point in buying the Borg predator and thus I'm not sure there'd be much point in buying this. Thanks Forbidden Planet!...oh yeah and those were the same _____ers who leaked my credit card details last year. Never again.

I'm with SilentSurfer. Methinks an explanation is in order :). I will say that the repainted P1 head on Gort looks pretty damn cool (the one in the very first article picture, not the pictures that follow). Especially with an accurized rebreather. Probably the first Pred HT has done that's worth displaying with it.
Still, the reused armor and P1 body just isn't cutting it for me. I'd rather collect a hand-selected few HT Preds that have totally different looks. If I'm ever getting another HT Pred this year (after my new gaming comp is purchased), it'd probably be one from "Predators," since it'd be the most different from anything I already own :lecture. I even skipped out on the first lost Pred because of his reworked P2 armor. Well, that and the fact that he's the cheapest Predator they've done; no rush (I'd probably only accept him if he was won free from a giveaway or something).
actually, i got the Borg BECAUSE it's so different. in fact, i liked it so much that i got rid of my P2s.
if there's a chance to get the Gort, i'm taking it. just hope it has another skull.

damn...and i thought the new movie will steal my money. i wasnt expecting this at all. gawd, i soo want one.:pray:

Looks ok not on the top of my list to get though.
Would be nice to have a whole clan but think its just milking every penny out of people by releasing slightly different predators.

Way I would go is to see what you can pick up cheap and repaint and switch parts. As in the film they were basically all variations on a theme with different paintschemes and slightly different accessories.

And with that comment, you are on my ignore list. Noob.

And there's proof that one can be stuck at a stage of maturity where one cannot tolerate views other than one's own.:lecture I might be a 'noob', but not where it counts.

He'll miss me.:wave

actually, i got the Borg BECAUSE it's so different. in fact, i liked it so much that i got rid of my P2s.
if there's a chance to get the Gort, i'm taking it. just hope it has another skull.

ANOTHER SKULL! Dude you read my mind. They totally should. I wonder which one if they do. No mention of it in those photos though. Will just have to wait to see.

Humm that's what i was afraid of,,,maybe ill have to settle for something else,,i need to buy something,,havn't bought any in a while lol...withdrawls

Hmmmm, i can't remeber the last 1/6th piece I bought! :horror

(I think, it was Final Battle version John Connor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back