Hot Toys doing Pixar/Disney's UP! ORDER NOW- Links in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys doing Pixar/Disney's UP!

I hope it's 1/6 stuff and not some chubby, minis and etc.

Toy Story had a ton of toys that came out when the first film did. I had a Buzz and it was great. (in fact, I might get me another one... I sold mine)

And toys like this should be 1:1 ...not 1:6. Buzz is around 12 inches... sometimes people forget what 1:6 means, and think it just means 12 inches for everything.

I hope this turns out to be a crappy announcement though... not sure I can afford Hot Toys doing Pixar stuff :lol

If the average HT figure is $150, adding the Disney logo should bring them up to about $210 each.

Why did they pick up this stupid licence! waste...they should be getting the licence for Conan The Barbarian figures or even BladeRunner.

I'm pretty stoked to see what Hot Toys is going to bring with this announcement. I'm hoping they will pump out some Toy Story stuff later on!

These "predictions" always cause a severe eye roll reaction when I read them. Up has already made close to $75 million (6.4 on Monday!!!) so I think whoever "some people" are, might be totally off the mark in their predictions.

Also, even if a kid might not be interested in a Carl figure, they would certainly be interested in Russell, Dug,Kevin (the bird) or any of the numerous hench dogs in the film.

Hot Toys made the announcement AFTER the film had a successful opening weekend. I'm sure it was a wait and see proposition. I think announcing and investing in a film like Goemon months before it's released is a much greater gamble than licensing characters from the most successful film studio ever.:)

I agree in many ways - was just repeating what I had read, good to know the film is awesome! Although I think you'd find that HT was locked into the license before they made the announcement, these things take so long to negotiate I doubt they'd have been able to back out.

Who the heck said that? Anybody who said this will eat their words after they see this movie! :monkey1 :D

I can't remember. As best I can recall it was a couple of lines in a newspaper article that was discussing Disney or Pixar's future. Or maybe it was something around the state of the film industry in general. It was from a "respectable" source, that's about as much as I can say!

I just saw the movie and I definitely want a Carl and Russell. I hope they're actual articulated figures rather than the Medicom style VCD's.

Hot Toys making an IrishJedi (Carl) figure?!?!

From the Toyko Toy Show:

20090718955084aab3a5033.jpg

:lol

(Let's see if Carl remembers the reference to his Facebook status updates a while back)

Re: Hot Toys making an IrishJedi (Carl) figure?!?!

both funny and awesome figure. VCD it looks like but nothing short of perfection. Looks like he walked right off the screen.

Cool for UP fans, but this just makes me hope to see a Hot Toys Buzz Lightyear, the accurracy and functionality would be awesome. The upcoming interactive one is neat, but an HT version would probably be the best figure of him ever made.

I just went to check on IJ's past status updates and saw that I am no longer on his friends list. Why Carl? Why? :monkey2

That's what she said.

Back