Hot Toys- City Hunter: Saeko Nogami & Ryo Saeba spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like DBZ designs and the art style, for the most part, are a little too simplistic for Hot Toys and their method of handling figures. I think that for the most part, Medicom got DBZ perfectly. The only problem was that they stopped. Piccolo's articulation was frustrating, but he looks so perfect and he's one of my nicest display pieces.

Lupin the Third would probably be a great license for Hot Toys. Medicom hasn't made a Lupin in years if I remember correctly so I'm sure the license is available. It also has worldwide appeal and goes well with the style presented so far, as in Golgo 13 and City Hunter. By the end of the next few years, you could have an entire army of cool anime gunslingers.

So has anyone found a place other than Angolz that has these two up for a good price? I might have to go with them from the looks of things. The price they have them up for are a steal.

So you think a property like Lupin that looks even more cartoony than DBZ would be a better fit for Hot Toys? I want them both.

Well, either way I wouldn't mind a Hot Toys Fuji-cakes and Jigen. I think Goemon and Lupin himself would look fantastic. Of course Zenigata would look great. They could include different disguises and heads. How about a blond Fujiko? Different heads and multiple hands would be a must for this and the DBZ characters.

It's a shame about Medicom and DBZ. They made almost every character from Lupin III but only 3 from DBZ. My hopes for a 1/6 Cell put on hold.

I would hate for Medicom to do a 1/6 Cell after seeing how they handled Piccolo. He looks great, but his articulation is awful since the rubber arm things basically prevent him from doing anything. Cell would be like that, except it would be the whole body.

Do you mean like what US stores or just general buyers? I know I am going to preorder these within the next week.

How expensive is shipping from Toys2? I checked Angolz and it would end up being 80 dollars shipping for the two of them, which is quite a lot...

Wow a random blast from the past. I'm really happy to see HT licensing these older properties. Love the manga and these figures. Too bad the alternate head looks a bit freaky with the normal body.

I dont know nothing about City Hunter but Ryo alternate head looks freaky as hell!!

I dont know nothing about City Hunter but Ryo alternate head looks freaky as hell!!
That's his "horn dog" face, if you ever watch the anime or manga, that's how it was represented, when Ryo is serious, he's uber handsome, but then when he sees a hot woman, his face turns like that LOL

I don't know ____ about City Hunter but Saeko Nogami looks like a grown up Ramona Flowers, even got the oversized hammer. If these are easy enough to track down in parts, I might get the head and hammer to kitbash a version of Ramona.

Just watched clips of some episodes @ youtube. Not a bad anime, in fact it's funny & entertaining but I still won't be tempted to get this one after all the upcoming movie licenses that will be made, must save for those figures first.

Back