1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a question of blame here, but could it be due to actually articulating the figure. In other words, it's not so much the pose it stays in, but the movement. For example, when moving the arm straight out in front of him, are people just moving the arm? Or are they lifting the arm out to the side (so it's no longer contacting the body), then moving it forward and repositioning?

Kind of like how on some figures, you need to tilt the chin up, before turning the head, to avoid rub on the neck....

I checked mine, and I don't have any problems (yet), but when I move limbs and articulate any of my figures, I try to make sure that body parts aren't rubbing together (regardless of how that sounds)....

Not a question of blame here, but could it be due to actually articulating the figure. In other words, it's not so much the pose it stays in, but the movement. For example, when moving the arm straight out in front of him, are people just moving the arm? Or are they lifting the arm out to the side (so it's no longer contacting the body), then moving it forward and repositioning?

Kind of like how on some figures, you need to tilt the chin up, before turning the head, to avoid rub on the neck....

I checked mine, and I don't have any problems (yet), but when I move limbs and articulate any of my figures, I try to make sure that body parts aren't rubbing together (regardless of how that sounds)....
Good point!

My HT Arnold commando figure says in the instructions to bring the arms up out to the sides of the body before you bring them upwards. To avoid rubbing.

This is definitely something I should of thought of sooner.

In the end it doesn't matter if you mod it or not. I think the suit regardless will get damaged if handled wrong a lesson learned now. Next one won't be modded or altered unless its something that has no real permanent affect to the figure. Also took an idea of how to add more mass to the body without adding sculpting puddy. But my intention was to let you guys know this figure can still get damaged and to be careful.

I just checked mine, no damage. I dont handle them after I open them so it wouldnt have any friction or movement related damage. I did see that I forgot to remove the plastic covering under the boots and gauntlets maybe that will cause damage eventually when the summer hits.

I appreciate heads up from fellow collectors who's had misfortunes with their figures. I know their posts are made to give caution, not cause panic.

I just hope people would stop thinking that just because their figures are okay, then the problem is non-existent. It makes me shake my head to see such people in threads discussing leaning Superman PFs, fading Iron Man parts, etc. If yours is fine, then good for you, but no need to dismiss that an issue is present.

Mine doesn't appear to have any damage at a cursory glance, but I didn't actually raise up the arm to look. A lot of times with my figures, once I get them in the pose I know I want, I don't repose them. I do many tweaks here and there to perfect it the way I want it, so I don't like to move it once I'm satisfied with how it looks after tweak after tweak.

I really haven't handled any of my BvS figures much, as I already knew what poses I wanted for each and they really haven't moved too much from that.

If that's the case it must be due to articulation and heat conditions perhaps mixed in, if the suit itself isn't deteriorating for a part of the rubber on top to break apart from the rest it needs a reason to do so, the most likely for that would logically be articulating, bending something one way then back the other way, then the other way etc. weakens the crease points.

I did see that I forgot to remove the plastic covering under the boots and gauntlets maybe that will cause damage eventually when the summer hits.
That's a very good point you are raising here. Is it possible to take off the boots? I didn't dare to do that so far.
I apologize in advance if that's a stupid question.

That's a very good point you are raising here. Is it possible to take off the boots? I didn't dare to do that so far.
I apologize in advance if that's a stupid question.
It's easy. Just pull the feet off and the part covering the shin slides right off. It's like changing hands on a figure, the feet pop back on.

I remember two seperate times I actually cracked the peg hole where the foot peg goes into on two different figures. I'm usually pretty fearless with my collectibles but that one was enough to keep me from ever trying it again. I think with my batfleck figure I simply cut and pulled on the plastic until I got all of it off.

I will say, I had SOME of this on my Knightmare Bats sleeves which were folded over on themselves, but this appeared to be like that out of the box and it didn't notice it until I switched to the OSK coat. I would avoid having the material fold and touch itself, more or less allowing it to bind to itself. It sort of sticks to itself. One side separated away fine, the other had a bit of peeling when I got it apart. I put pictures in both threads. So no deep folds. That's my advice, and what I'm doing going forward largely. A lot of these pictures look like rubbing occurring during posing, as the locations are areas prime for friction.

Its a lot of do with posing the figure.
If the figure is kept on museum pose, it wont be an issue.
Although the suit is beautiful, this has been an issue all the way back when this type of suit material was used in amazing spiderman.
Even Man of steel had this issue. The suit is just not made for extreme posing.
Although this figure is highly poseable, I dont advise keeping him in extreme pose, unless you're like a statue collector guy and you keep them posed like how you like it permanently.

Whenever the suit material touches together, there's a chance it'll stick together if kept like that for a long time.

Its a lot of do with posing the figure.
If the figure is kept on museum pose, it wont be an issue.
Although the suit is beautiful, this has been an issue all the way back when this type of suit material was used in amazing spiderman.
Even Man of steel had this issue. The suit is just not made for extreme posing.
Although this figure is highly poseable, I dont advise keeping him in extreme pose, unless you're like a statue collector guy and you keep them posed like how you like it permanently.

Whenever the suit material touches together, there's a chance it'll stick together if kept like that for a long time.

Agreed with the extreme posing.

Temperature also plays a key role.

I was in the Philippines and asked this store keeper to open the case of a "MIB" Mark 6. On sliding the sleeve open, lo and behold the Mark 6 had some pink panties lol.

A friend of mine purchased a BvS Superman from the Philippines and the suit arrived "sticky" as if the paint on the suit was wet.

If you're in a humid rich country, good luck with hot toys lasting if don't you keep these figures in a temperature controlled environment. I'm not sure if Hot Toys can be blamed for an issue like this since they don't keep in mind where exactly their figures will be shipped and displayed in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the batsuit is fabric but with a rubber overlay? I had my figure for months now but haven't taken out of the box yet.

I bought my Supes from the local comic shop who had him on display on the flight stand. They had him posed with the arm flexed at the elbow. When I was checking it out the material stuck together between the bicep and forearm. There was no damage, but they had just put him out.

Due to this I had very strong reservations about the materials used for these suits. The reports of damage are not suprising. I think the flight stands are asking for trouble on these suits, and thus why I have ZERO interest in the Suicide Squad Batman. I refuse to use the Superman flight stand, and went with almost musuem poses for these figures. Very vanilla. Rubber tends to react very poorly with plastic surfaces. I would not recommend using waist grabber stands with these, even with their foam padded pincers. Hot Toys just does not seem to do any tests to check the stability of the rubber they use.

Good point everyone. Atm I have him in a normal standing pose. Not touching as much anymore as I don't want the suit to damage further.

Back