1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reposting on the next page.

Hi.

Your list prompted me to check mine and mine has exactly the same problem.

I live in cold England so it's nothing to do with the heat or anything.

I don't know why this is.

I can sense a DX02 event on the horizon. Melting suits everywhere.

1a82f0e5194b720009b4b631eb7d8cee.jpg
0202b83173749f2570c12e44db00adfc.jpg
9e7a2f4366bad7844f3fef8383f89a3f.jpg

This has just turned into an awesome 'action figure' to a 'fragile statue' for me, I'll never touch it again.

It seems the problem is when the suit comes into contact with other areas, as under the armpit the suit is pressed against the suit on the arms.

Who knows.

This blows.

I'd suggest checking yours, people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to worry anyone, just bringing this issue to attention. Hopefully no one else's is the same.

Yup this what I mean. I don't know if you can make it out but it's also happened under the logo. I repaint mine so any time I see it I just dab a bit of paint to cover it but it's still noticeable due to it pealing. Hopefully none of you have this problem cause you see this on your figure it's frustrating. View attachment 328325

I'm sorry this happened to your figure. Any idea what cased it? Did you have a musuem pose or an action pose? Just curious and hopefully we can figure out what's causing it.

Edit: Found your post, "It's excessive posing and I think it might also have been the paint i used but the rest of the suit is fine. So it's probably posing but regardless you should still make sure in any environment it's ok..."

Mines been in a museum pose. Arms down by his side. Never any extreme action poses. The arms were really pushed in close to the body.

This peeling issue seems to be only where the suit is touching something else, under the armpits, under the gauntlets etc.

The main body of the suit is fine. So far.

The suit just isn't well made and is possibly weaker in some areas than others. When it's touching something else it must just melt.

I hate having to worry about this stuff also, but some of it apparently is unavoidable. To the point where if you don't want to worry about it, just leave the figure in the box and don't take it out and you'll never know what issues it has. I can understand not posing the figure in extreme actions poses to avoid stuff like this, but if it still happens in museum poses, there's not much you can do about that. I don't think there's a "perfect" pose that will avoid any issues. You can only try and mitigate it as much as possible.

I hate having to worry about this stuff also, but some of it apparently is unavoidable. To the point where if you don't want to worry about it, just leave the figure in the box and don't take it out and you'll never know what issues it has. I can understand not posing the figure in extreme actions poses to avoid stuff like this, but if it still happens in museum poses, there's not much you can do about that. I don't think there's a "perfect" pose that will avoid any issues. You can only try and mitigate it as much as possible.

thank god I'm a mib collector

First time I ever thought to ask - but I take it there is no lifetime warranty on hot toys figures, correct?

Another thing to take into account even touching certain areas can damage the suit. The chest and abdominal section will take damage if your not careful. Sucks that this is happening hopefully the JL and other batsuits are more durable in the near future.

Sorry to see this happen on your figures, Luisenigma1 and Platty. The warning is much appreciated as well.

Apparently HT's still using the fragile rubber printing over the stretch suits. I'm a museum poser as well, and this happened to my The Amazing Spider-man 1 figure's armpits, so I gave him an arms-spread-wide stance. Learned since then so I had my MoS on the same stance, and now my Armored Batman figure.

First time I ever thought to ask - but I take it there is no lifetime warranty on hot toys figures, correct?

Not with their materials, no. I never entertained the thought that it's possible for my grandkids to enjoy my Hot Toys collection years from now. I'll probably give them my NECAs that are cheaper but would most likely be as good as day one after 40 years :lol

This does suck bad I would have thought HT could have just made the suit out of a complete material that doesn't damage is skin tight on a new muscular body. Similar to superman without the printing. Almost like what mezco did with the one:12th version.

I got the Batfleck figure a week after HK released it. Checked him out and so far my figure has no problems with any peeling issues. I've kept him in both museum and dynamic poses. I'm sure weather/temperature/humidity plays a key factor in the peeling issues some people have seen with their Batfleck suits.

It will come loose probably no matter what you do, it's peeling because it's not adhering good. But the less you handle it probably the less likely it won't peel.

Great so my 250 dollar batman figure is a perishable good? I'm sorry guys. This is a travesty.

Back