1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my Supes from the local comic shop who had him on display on the flight stand. They had him posed with the arm flexed at the elbow. When I was checking it out the material stuck together between the bicep and forearm. There was no damage, but they had just put him out.

Due to this I had very strong reservations about the materials used for these suits. The reports of damage are not suprising. I think the flight stands are asking for trouble on these suits, and thus why I have ZERO interest in the Suicide Squad Batman. I refuse to use the Superman flight stand, and went with almost musuem poses for these figures. Very vanilla. Rubber tends to react very poorly with plastic surfaces. I would not recommend using waist grabber stands with these, even with their foam padded pincers. Hot Toys just does not seem to do any tests to check the stability of the rubber they use.

I agree on flight stands. I damaged my MOS this way and have never used a waist grabber on the BvS version for that reason. The CR Superman is fine with the waist grabber though. It's just these rubbery suits that are sadly effected.

Don't quite understand having zero interest in the SS Batman. I have no interest because I'm happy with my BvS version. But for those that want it why let the flight stand put you off? Easy to use a different stand. A plain stand can be found for peanuts or spend a bit more to get a good custom or a BvS stand off eBay.

Its a lot of do with posing the figure.
If the figure is kept on museum pose, it wont be an issue.
Although the suit is beautiful, this has been an issue all the way back when this type of suit material was used in amazing spiderman.
Even Man of steel had this issue. The suit is just not made for extreme posing.
Although this figure is highly poseable, I dont advise keeping him in extreme pose, unless you're like a statue collector guy and you keep them posed like how you like it permanently.

Whenever the suit material touches together, there's a chance it'll stick together if kept like that for a long time.

Agree with this. As was mentioned, I also think the way the limbs are moved has something to do with it when the material rubbing against material creates friction. Some of these issues with the figures I think are unavoidable, but I think many of them can be mitigated by just being cognizant of how you pose the figure, realizing the material of the suit. With this particular figure, being that I plan on having Batman, Supes and WW in the Trinity pose, he's holding the grenade launcher and the arm of his trigger finger hand is simply at a 90 degree angle. Other than that, he's essentially just standing there in a museum pose. I don't seem to see any issues when inspecting it.

I bought my Supes from the local comic shop who had him on display on the flight stand. They had him posed with the arm flexed at the elbow. When I was checking it out the material stuck together between the bicep and forearm. There was no damage, but they had just put him out.

Due to this I had very strong reservations about the materials used for these suits. The reports of damage are not suprising. I think the flight stands are asking for trouble on these suits, and thus why I have ZERO interest in the Suicide Squad Batman. I refuse to use the Superman flight stand, and went with almost musuem poses for these figures. Very vanilla. Rubber tends to react very poorly with plastic surfaces. I would not recommend using waist grabber stands with these, even with their foam padded pincers. Hot Toys just does not seem to do any tests to check the stability of the rubber they use.

The Supes suit from what I recall seemed more prone to fuse together when it was brand new out of the box. It was a bit sticky for most people straight out of the box and for some people, the foam inserts in the arm pits fused to the suit while simply being in the box. After it aired out a bit, the sticky texture of the suit seemed to dissipate and the suit wasn't as prone to fusing together.

I've had my MoS Supes for a little over two years now and have not had one issue at all with the suit. I've always kept him in a museum pose though. Right now, I have him in a museum pose with his head titled upward at an angle, based on the first flight scene after he crashed and got up and looked up at an angle towards the sun during Jor-El's monologue.

Don't quite understand having zero interest in the SS Batman. I have no interest because I'm happy with my BvS version. But for those that want it why let the flight stand put you off? Easy to use a different stand. A plain stand can be found for peanuts or spend a bit more to get a good custom or a BvS stand off eBay.

I didn't mean to put some off of getting the SS version, only that for me having the first version I wouldn't want to display the newer one with the flight stand...so there is no benefit to getting another. I think a good bit of the appeal on that one is displaying jumping with the cape open. Folks can and probably should display the new one without the flight stand is all I was suggesting.

Though with some of the peeling issues that should probably be enough to have people decide if any of the rubber suit figures are worth the trouble. After all, Hot Toys just flubbed up the wrists on the early adopters of the Deadpool figure very recently. I don't expect that suit to hold up over time either. Another museum pose on that one, for a figure that is begging to be posed dynamically.

76035822.jpg

So with BvS Batman, SS, Armored, Armored Crome, and Imposter Batman....

Exactly how many people have had problems with the suit peeling?

Only 5 I know of 3 here and 2 on osr

I sympathize to the folks who have had problems with their suits.

But if you think how many suits are in the market with all the different batman's in the market using this suit (BvS, Imposter, Armored, Armored Chrome) and having 5 defects amount the tens of thousands of the suit is out there....

Again, I do feel bad for the 5 folks who have damage on their figure.... But this doesn't seem to be an overwhelming problem that should be scaring people off.

From what I'm gathering, I have a better chance of getting hit by car in my crowded town than something happening to my figure.

Edit: Forgot Knightmare Batman

Rifle and cowl on ebay. $500 each.

You really think this figure is garbage from 5 defects out of tens of thousands of figure out there....?

Are you one of the 5 who has their figure damaged?

Trying to figure out how a guy with almost 50k posts and has been here for 10 years thinks a figure is garbage because 5 people reported problems with it

You really think this figure is garbage from 5 defects out of tens of thousands of figure out there....?

Are you one of the 5 who has their figure damaged?

Trying to figure out how a guy with almost 50k posts and has been here for 10 years thinks a figure is garbage because 5 people reported problems with it
Don't believe that's what he meant. Looked like sarcasm to me.

I sympathize to the folks who have had problems with their suits.

But if you think how many suits are in the market with all the different batman's in the market using this suit (BvS, Imposter, Armored, Armored Chrome) and having 5 defects amount the tens of thousands of the suit is out there....

Again, I do feel bad for the 5 folks who have damage on their figure.... But this doesn't seem to be an overwhelming problem that should be scaring people off.

From what I'm gathering, I have a better chance of getting hit by car in my crowded town than something happening to my figure.

How can you assume it's only 5 people with defects? I would think the majority who bought this figure don't post on this forum. We've no idea how many might or might not have defects.

The concern is longevity. Hot Toys have proved again and again that these figures are not built to last. People are getting frustrated because the costs are increasing significantly with each release and they could have a discoloured, melting, tearing etc figure 6 months later. They then either have to dump more money in for a replacement or sell the figure as is at a loss.

Hot Toys has virtually no customer service. Chances are if you get a dud you are stuck with a dud unless you got it from a store with excellent customer serivice and even then after months it is doubtful anyone would help.

Now people like to attack the collector and blame them. What is the point of having an articulated figure with accessories if you can never handle it? Most of the guys on here maybe swap the hands once or twice, take a couple photos, put them in a Detolf never handle them again and still have problems. When you have one figure, sure it is not a big deal but some collectors have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on these dolls. I would expect them to last for several years at the very least.

This is why I've been moving away from HT. I have no faith in their product anymore. Too much of a gamble.

The concern is longevity. Hot Toys have proved again and again that these figures are not built to last. People are getting frustrated because the costs are increasing significantly with each release and they could have a discoloured, melting, tearing etc figure 6 months later. They then either have to dump more money in for a replacement or sell the figure as is at a loss.

Hot Toys has virtually no customer service. Chances are if you get a dud you are stuck with a dud unless you got it from a store with excellent customer serivice and even then after months it is doubtful anyone would help.

Now people like to attack the collector and blame them. What is the point of having an articulated figure with accessories if you can never handle it? Most of the guys on here maybe swap the hands once or twice, take a couple photos, put them in a Detolf never handle them again and still have problems. When you have one figure, sure it is not a big deal but some collectors have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on these dolls. I would expect them to last for several years at the very least.

This is why I've been moving away from HT. I have no faith in their product anymore. Too much of a gamble.

If put in a glass cabinet and rarely handled I'd expect them to last decades like any collectable should. Very disappointing some are developing problems already. :(

Don't think I'd go as far as to stop collecting HT but I am thinking I'll now keep very few long term and just recycle them more often. Buy, keep for a year or two then sell on to get the latest version. Obviously that only works for characters getting new movies all the time like the current DCEU or older movies getting new release figures. I love this hobby but can't afford to spend thousands on stuff that could turn to dust in a few years.

Well said. And a very sensible response. These things should have a way longer shelf life, especially at the prices being paid. Even if only 5 were reported now, that number will exponentially increase with time. No doubt.

Back