1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to see this happen on your figures, Luisenigma1 and Platty. The warning is much appreciated as well.

Apparently HT's still using the fragile rubber printing over the stretch suits. I'm a museum poser as well, and this happened to my The Amazing Spider-man 1 figure's armpits, so I gave him an arms-spread-wide stance. Learned since then so I had my MoS on the same stance, and now my Armored Batman figure.

There is some damage under the left arm of my BvS Supes. I've never had any of these figures in a super dynamic pose but I do keep the arms close to their sides. How do you make Superman and Batman look good in an arms wide stance? They'll take up a lot more room that way to.

There is some damage under the left arm of my BvS Supes. I've never had any of these figures in a super dynamic pose but I do keep the arms close to their sides. How do you make Superman and Batman look good in an arms wide stance? They'll take up a lot more room that way to.

I have them displayed at an angle, so I can still have 2 figures on the same plane in a detolf shelf. Here's how my Armored Batman is displayed. I have his arms opened wide, it's just not that obvious from the angle of the shot :)

16832277_10154308309696592_1129600536214509069_n.jpg

So even the armored version suit surface is defective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's no reported peeling with the Armored Batman's suit so far. I only posted a pic of my Armored Batman here to show how I have it on wide arm stance and it's the only BvS figure I have in my collection (sold the regular suit). Had it like that from the beginning as these rubber prints getting sticky is not new to HT and I know the BvS line might not be that different.

WOW, can't believe that. i have knightmare batman and was thinking about getting this. probably just hold out now and get armored batman then get the SS version or solo Batman film one (considering his suit will be the same then)

Are we going to look at his armpit? What's the big deal? Have you worn out a toy before? Indestructible items only exist in the superhero movies BTW I guess I could go over mine with a magnifying glass...

Fair enough if that's how you feel, but for me I like my figures staying as new and perfect as much as they can. I'm too OCD. :lol and yeah it's under the armpit but what if this same thing starts happening on his chest etc.

Mine has peeled under the cowl too just above the logo, so now if I were to do the chest expanding mod to lower the logo, you'd see it.

He's less than a year old. Plus the price. I break the bank for the occasional figure that I haye to have. I expect more durability for what I pay. If hot toys wanna keep increasing prices they should increase quality control.

I wish I was of the mindset where I didn't care about damage to my figures as much but then if I were of that mindset of not caring I probably wouldn't have the figure in the first place.

Fair enough if that's how you feel, but for me I like my figures staying as new and perfect as much as they can. I'm too OCD. :lol and yeah it's under the armpit but what if this same thing starts happening on his chest etc.

Mine has peeled under the cowl too just above the logo, so now if I were to do the chest expanding mod to lower the logo, you'd see it.

He's less than a year old. Plus the price. I break the bank for the occasional figure that I haye to have. I expect more durability for what I pay. If hot toys wanna keep increasing prices they should increase quality control.

I wish I was of the mindset where I didn't care about damage to my figures as much but then if I were of that mindset of not caring I probably wouldn't have the figure in the first place.

Sorry to hear that it happened to yours, however with the thousands that are out there I've heard about 5(including Knightmare Batman) that have this issue. Granted I only follow these boards and not every day, but it seems isolated. Unfortunately(fortunately?) it has sold out & there's no replacement parts. I'm almost certain you could get your money back(even with the blemishes) if you choose to sell it. Unless you bought it second hand in which case the other guy may have went raw dog on it and paid handsomely.

Are we going to look at his armpit? What's the big deal? Have you worn out a toy before? Indestructible items only exist in the superhero movies BTW I guess I could go over mine with a magnifying glass...

A tiny abrasion under the arm I can live with, but like the man said, I'd worry about the issue spreading. If the figure were a decade old and had seen some stuff, sure, but like new in a museum pose? Not cool for that price.

Sooner or later I hope to smart enough to leave this man dollie crap behind. Not worth the headache wondering how long these things will last. But I do loves 'em tho!

Guys, I suggest you purchase some 303 Aerospace Protectant and put it on all of your rubber, plastic, and vinyl figures. This stuff is gold, and I cannot say enough good about it. I use it on all of my figures, car interior, and my motorcycle's seat.

Sorry but this sounds like isolated incidents where the figure was either stored in (sunlight/humidity/repainted mod conditions) or even quite possibly the damage was already there straight out of the hot toys factory. I checked all my BvS figures (supes, batfleck, and armored) which I received within 1-2 weeks of Hong Kong release day and they're all clean and undamaged. These figures have been in dynamic poses and have been in neutral museum poses where the arm pit area is posed down touching the figures body.

Where you live plays a big factor in terms of things like this happening. A friend of mine purchased his BvS Superman from the Philippines (humid rich) and on arrival he noticed that the suit had a sticky paint feel on it.

On the other hand, these figures weren't meant to last forever. Keep them in the box or keep them in a pose where their arms are stretched out. If you live in a country that's has humid weather, you're doubly screwed and it won't make a difference.

One of the first people to notice the "peeling" was someone that modded their figure and repainted it. It's because of this that I would think twice before re-painting this figure or applying any type of sealant/protectant on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heat / conditions has had nothing to do with this damage on mine as I live in England and it's been winter since forever. He hasn't been stored in direct sunlight either. Or been repainted. It's Not my first figure.

It's possible the damage was already there and I haven't noticed it, however. You could be right there.

I don't believe this is to do with conditions at all. It's just poorly made imo.

Heat / conditions has had nothing to do with this damage on mine as I live in England and it's been winter since forever. He hasn't been stored in direct sunlight either. Or been repainted. It's Not my first figure.

It's possible the damage was already there and I haven't noticed it, however. You could be right there.

I don't believe this is to do with conditions at all. It's just poorly made imo.

I'm in England to, we've barely seen the sun since July. :lol

No excuse on Hot Toys part for these developing faults in such a short space of time.

So I should seal it? Or shouldn't? I'm confused. I may just list the whole damn lot.

That's entirely up to you I suppose, my advice would be to avoid any sealant type things and just be careful with poses going forward.

That's my plan :)

There's a lot of, basically, victim blaming here. I don't think it necessarily has to be over-posing or modding, although I would never dare to mod these things in risk of damaging, not knowing what the materials are made of is a prime reason, you don't know how applying stuff to it will react chemically. But also, just because someone might not care about a particular damage in a particular place doesn't mean that other people should have to not care also, I think the very nature of a collector is to want what they collect to be pristine. I can't be bothered to get mine out again seeing as I'm moving soon, but for the past month or so I've periodically been bringing him out and putting him back and not noticed anything.

However, I must say that I always now handle the figures wearing latex gloves because my hands tend to get quite greasy or oily, which ****ing kills me as I'm extremely OCD and hate/get upset with getting finger marks on stuff... anyway, if you handle your figures without protective gloves, any oil, grease, sweat, dirt, grime etc. will transfer and can damage the suits, especially rubber, something to keep in mind.

Thanks ! Appreciate the feedback. Mine still looks fantastic. I'm more bothered by the high price for an product the company isn't forcefully standing behind.

In other news Jen and Ben call off divorce - maybe now she'll talk some sense into him about seeing this batman thing through like a man.

There's a lot of, basically, victim blaming here. I don't think it necessarily has to be over-posing or modding, although I would never dare to mod these things in risk of damaging, not knowing what the materials are made of is a prime reason, you don't know how applying stuff to it will react chemically. But also, just because someone might not care about a particular damage in a particular place doesn't mean that other people should have to not care also, I think the very nature of a collector is to want what they collect to be pristine. I can't be bothered to get mine out again seeing as I'm moving soon, but for the past month or so I've periodically been bringing him out and putting him back and not noticed anything.

However, I must say that I always now handle the figures wearing latex gloves because my hands tend to get quite greasy or oily, which ****ing kills me as I'm extremely OCD and hate/get upset with getting finger marks on stuff... anyway, if you handle your figures without protective gloves, any oil, grease, sweat, dirt, grime etc. will transfer and can damage the suits, especially rubber, something to keep in mind.

I'm the same way regarding this.

I don't wear latex gloves, but I wash my hands before any handling of the figures, regardless of how minor.

Back