1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gunna lie I thought the stock cape wasn't nearly as bad as people were making it out to be when I got this figure. Until I got the mei cape. :( I really do feel it takes the figure to a new level. On a figure that was already really solid.

The main issues for me are probably the floating at the shoulders and the poor pleating. Never could get it to sit right or look good from the back. I do wish my Mei cape had some more weathering though.

I generally prefer capes that drape perfectly for museum poses but having seen Dean Knight's review I am tempted by the unreal toys wired cape.

It does look a lot better than the stock SS wired cape.

2gt12z8.jpg

I generally prefer capes that drape perfectly for museum poses but having seen Dean Knight's review I am tempted by the unreal toys wired cape.

It does look a lot better than the stock SS wired cape.

Damn...I need this cape.

Anyone have a Special Edition brown shipper carton for the sniper rifle figure they don't want? I'd be willing to pay for one. PM me. :wink1:

I'm not gunna lie I thought the stock cape wasn't nearly as bad as people were making it out to be when I got this figure. Until I got the mei cape. :( I really do feel it takes the figure to a new level. On a figure that was already really solid.

The main issues for me are probably the floating at the shoulders and the poor pleating. Never could get it to sit right or look good from the back. I do wish my Mei cape had some more weathering though.

This is my only personal quibble. I have the sculpt of my figure slightly turned to the left so it makes it a bit difficult to get the cape to sit perfectly flush, being that the cowl underneath causes it to rise off the shoulders a bit.

Well said, nice pics indymos

Thanks bud.

Looking great as always, bud. :duff

Agree with you regarding the stock cape also. The custom ones are nice, but I don't think one is obligatory the way one on the DX12 is.

Agreed, before I bought the figure, I was certain I need to replace the cape cause every single batman I had, had a custom cape.
But I'm surprisingly happy with this stock cape.

Yes, I definitely agree that the custom have a lot of nice things going for it.
But like silverstar said, it's not like the dx12 where it's mandatory to change cape.
The ht stock cape is surprisingly nice if you take the time to futz with it.
Even tony mei said he doesn't really recommend a custom cape cause the stock is fine.
But the custom is there for those who don't like it.

One of the reason I had a hard time switching to custom cape, I love the weathering ht did on the stock cape.

It's 1:57 AM now

15 pieces of this batch will be shipped tomorrow and another 15 on Sunday and another another.....

Good night freaks

e07de466030560130c1b526a13388790.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ht stock cape is surprisingly nice if you take the time to futz with it.
Even tony mei said he doesn't really recommend a custom cape cause the stock is fine.
But the custom is there for those who don't like it.

One of the reason I had a hard time switching to custom cape, I love the weathering ht did on the stock cape.

Absolutely 100% agree. A little futzing & a couple tricks & the stock looks great. Like you said, the weathering is excellent.

2017-Feb-24_13-47-28.jpeg

A few more pics.

with Repainted HT MOS.

Stock on left.

Great work and EXCELLENT futzing on that cape man! :clap:

Wish I could get mine to sit low like that on the shoulders. Youre're rihr about the weathering. I do really like the Ht cape except for how stiff the bottom edge can be which can cause it ride up at the shoulders. That's my only gripe. I will be weathering up my Jaxon cape to match the HT whenever it arrives

Great work and EXCELLENT futzing on that cape man! :clap:

Wish I could get mine to sit low like that on the shoulders. Youre're rihr about the weathering. I do really like the Ht cape except for how stiff the bottom edge can be which can cause it ride up at the shoulders. That's my only gripe. I will be weathering up my Jaxon cape to match the HT whenever it arrives

Thanks buddy.
Man, trust me, there was a lot of :banghead trying to get that cape to lay flat on the shoulder. :lol
I was futzing with my stock batman last night and I wanted to rip that damn cape. ha ha...
Took me a long time to finally futz it right.
Looking forward to see your batman with the Jaxon cape.

After seeing DeanKnight's wired cape video, I will say I am tempted to get one.
I'm 100% happy with my repainted batman with the stock cape so I'm leaving that one alone.
I'm thinking of getting a custom wired cape for my stock batman so I can maybe switch it up with some dynamic poses.

Last edited:
That's exactly why I'm getting the Suicide Squad version too. I want to keep BvS Batman in a museum type pose and use SS Batman for dynamic poses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back