1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an incredibly reliable source that hasn't been wrong in the past also that's backing up the claims of Affleck leaving as soon as possible, he's waiting to see out the reception of the solo Batman film first, my source says.

Yeah, "source". Sure. :lol

And also, unfortunately, I'm going to be selling my BvS Bats. Bills are piling up and I gave to sell some things. It's the version with the sniper rifle and I have a custom cape by Unreal toys. PM to discuss if interested.

And also, unfortunately, I'm going to be selling my BvS Bats. Bills are piling up and I gave to sell some things. It's the version with the sniper rifle and I have a custom cape by Unreal toys. PM to discuss if interested.

wow.. sad to hear that..
but I am sure you will get bombarded with PMs for the chance to own it...

That's **** mate, I feel your pain – finances are such these days that i've been selling off most of my old figure collection to fund my quest for a Hot Toys Justice League!!!

Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot at this point could drop out just as abruptly as Ben Affleck can. There's no concrete evidence which indicates that Ben Affleck is or plans on dropping out from the DCEU; it's all been utterly nothing more than personal interpretation predicated on ambiguous events and because of that, rumors get started and propagated. Best thing to do is not buy into, not get worked up, and not get worried about something that just frankly, at least at this point, has no facts supporting it.

Often here on SSF, you get a story, not the story.

I'm a DC fan and I definitely appreciate your outlook!

I listen to tons of Batman Podcasts from Batman-on-Film to Holy Batcast and Batman News, etc. and all the rumors seem to be JUST speculation. And don't get me wrong, yes there are those out there willing to just trash anything DCEU related and I always have that in mind. But I think it's fair to say that even though most if not all of the rumors/info are pure conjecture, some of it is actually a healthy dose of a reality check with regards to how the WB is struggling to get the DCEU right.

At the same time, with Wonder Woman and Justice League coming out this year, it's fair to say that if Ben Affleck is wanting out, there's no way they'll announce it anytime soon. That's just bad publicity.

Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot at this point could drop out just as abruptly as Ben Affleck can. There's no concrete evidence which indicates that Ben Affleck is or plans on dropping out from the DCEU; it's all been utterly nothing more than personal interpretation predicated on ambiguous events and because of that, rumors get started and propagated. Best thing to do is not buy into, not get worked up, and not get worried about something that just frankly, at least at this point, has no facts supporting it.

Often here on SSF, you get a story, not the story.

I agree with you the speculation around Ben but I don't think his position is comparable to Cavill and Gadot. Affleck is already a huge star in front of and behind the camera, WB need him more than he needs them. With Cavill and Gadot its almost the opposite. Not saying they will disappear without trace after this DCEU is over but it is possible they will never have such a profile again.

Playing Batman is obviously a huge commitment restricting what he's able to do in between movies. People make a big deal of his demeanor in interviews but I think that's often just plain exhaustion rather than anything more sinister. Maybe they can offer him an extended break after The Batman while they focus on other solo movies, Green Lantern Corps etc before bringing him back for Justice League 2 a few years down the line.

I'm a DC fan and I definitely appreciate your outlook!

I listen to tons of Batman Podcasts from Batman-on-Film to Holy Batcast and Batman News, etc. and all the rumors seem to be JUST speculation. And don't get me wrong, yes there are those out there willing to just trash anything DCEU related and I always have that in mind. But I think it's fair to say that even though most if not all of the rumors/info are pure conjecture, some of it is actually a healthy dose of a reality check with regards to how the WB is struggling to get the DCEU right.

At the same time, with Wonder Woman and Justice League coming out this year, it's fair to say that if Ben Affleck is wanting out, there's no way they'll announce it anytime soon. That's just bad publicity.

Thanks! :duff

Regarding your comment of WB struggling to get the DCEU right, it depends on what your definition of "right" is in this case. How you personally preferred to see the characters portrayed or the tone of the universe in general according to what you feel is "right", or how the films are performing at the box office? If the latter, then I wouldn't say they're doing anything wrong because the films are making money and the performances of the actors and actresses for their titular characters, Affleck in particular, have been met with mostly praise. At this stage in the game when compared (the dreaded comparison) with the MCU, I believe the DCEU films have made more money and the films have been stronger. The latter is just my opinion though.

I would prostitute before I would sell any of my figures

At my age, it's not an option! :rotfl

To be honest I had a large collection of Batman/DC figures, a few Dragon figures and some spare Action Man stuff that was just sat in storage - and had been for over ten years... and thinking about it, i'd rather have a cabinet of Hot Toys figures on display than a load of figures hidden away. I haven't missed them in 10+ years, so on Ebay they went.
That said, I could never part with my full collection of Batman Animated Series figures (original series) or my Super Powers figures.

At my age, it's not an option! :rotfl

To be honest I had a large collection of Batman/DC figures, a few Dragon figures and some spare Action Man stuff that was just sat in storage - and had been for over ten years... and thinking about it, i'd rather have a cabinet of Hot Toys figures on display than a load of figures hidden away. I haven't missed them in 10+ years, so on Ebay they went.
That said, I could never part with my full collection of Batman Animated Series figures (original series) or my Super Powers figures.

I know it really sucks , but we got to do what we got to do. I really envy you for being responsible. Hope everything works out fine.

Thanks! :duff

Regarding your comment of WB struggling to get the DCEU right, it depends on what your definition of "right" is in this case. How you personally preferred to see the characters portrayed or the tone of the universe in general according to what you feel is "right", or how the films are performing at the box office? If the latter, then I wouldn't say they're doing anything wrong because the films are making money and the performances of the actors and actresses for their titular characters, Affleck in particular, have been met with mostly praise. At this stage in the game when compared (the dreaded comparison) with the MCU, I believe the DCEU films have made more money and the films have been stronger. The latter is just my opinion though.

WB made record profits last year - all thanks to BvS, SS and Fantastic Beasts, it's safe to say the movies have been financially successful.
As for the movies themselves, I love them, really, genuinely love them - I really hate the argument about tone etc., I think that comes from people who have never read a comic book.
Super hero movies, and comic book movies in general, should be taken on an individual basis – so for example, Batman movies should be dark and violent... that's who he is... yet a movie about The Flash you'd expect to be light and fun... Plastic Man would be funny etc. etc., that's how it should be, turning every hero into a family-friendly 'fun' movie, with cutesy characters thrown in, is not what I personally want from my CBMs.

I agree with you the speculation around Ben but I don't think his position is comparable to Cavill and Gadot. Affleck is already a huge star in front of and behind the camera, WB need him more than he needs them. With Cavill and Gadot its almost the opposite. Not saying they will disappear without trace after this DCEU is over but it is possible they will never have such a profile again.

Playing Batman is obviously a huge commitment restricting what he's able to do in between movies. People make a big deal of his demeanor in interviews but I think that's often just plain exhaustion rather than anything more sinister. Maybe they can offer him an extended break after The Batman while they focus on other solo movies, Green Lantern Corps etc before bringing him back for Justice League 2 a few years down the line.

:goodpost:

The problem is that the DC actors get far more unfair scrutiny and criticism than their counterparts from bloggers and critics – it's like a fun game for them to dump on the DCEU – there are always people who see that for what it is, but unfortunately for a huge number of people if you tell them a lie often enough, they'll believe it and repeat it as fact – that's the damaging thing.

Back