1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did he swear in that movie? The closest he got was "Son of a gun," I thought.

"Fury you son of a *****." After Fury appeared with the helicarrier from A1.

But are people really going to start thinking Cap is a "bad" person after all simply because he said a swear word? I adamantly believe that it's a person's actions that define them, not what they do or don't say. Cuss words aren't inherently "bad" in my opinion; it's using good judgment with your audience and the situation on when it is and isn't considered acceptable to say one.

"Fury you son of a *****." After Fury appeared with the helicarrier from A1.

But come on. Are we really going to start thinking Cap is a "bad" person after all simply because he said a swear word? I adamantly believe that it's a person's actions that define them, not what they do or don't say. Cuss words aren't inherently "bad" on my opinion; it's using good judgment with your audience and the situation on when it is and isn't considered acceptable to say one.

Yup. In AOU ... In Avengers he said, "Son of a gun." When he saw that Tong had made it back through the portal.

Yup. In AOU ... In Avengers he said, "Son of a gun." When he saw that Tong had made it back through the portal.

Indeed he did.

However, I'll admire a person like Cap who says a cuss word every now and then over the person who cuts off others on the road for instance without a care. But hey, at least they don't cuss, so that makes them a good person. :lol

Is there a reason why some figures, like Marvel's CW Cap and WS have flat $10 shipping rates while these guys are still pending, which I assume means they will be much more?

I've been wondering that too but if you look at Wonder Woman and both versions of Armored Batman they have a $10 shipping fee so I think it's safe to assume that the shipping will be the same.

I've been wondering that too but if you look at Wonder Woman and both versions of Armored Batman they have a $10 shipping fee so I think it's safe to assume that the shipping will be the same.

I'm curious, where are you located? For me, it's still showing pending for all of them, which usually ends up being $19 for me.

UPDATE: Okay, only Wonder Woman and the movie promo black chrome armor is showing $10 (woohoo!) The others are still all pending.

I just saw the start of Avengers - they kill everyone. Even Cap A kills.

Oh yes he does. Quite the double standard for some peops that take issue with the so called dc movie murderverse

None of the Avengers have a no kill policy so that's why it's ok. Cap was a soldier in WWII, Iron Man doesnt give a ****, Black Widow and Hawkeye are assassins, Thor is a warrior, and Hulk is a raging beast.

I'm curious, where are you located? For me, it's still showing pending for all of them, which usually ends up being $19 for me.

UPDATE: Okay, only Wonder Woman and the movie promo black chrome armor is showing $10 (woohoo!) The others are still all pending.

I'm in New York. I remember Kylo Ren was pending for a while and his shipping ended up being around $17.

None of the Avengers have a no kill policy so that's why it's ok. Cap was a soldier in WWII, Iron Man doesnt give a ****, Black Widow and Hawkeye are assassins, Thor is a warrior, and Hulk is a raging beast.

That's not true. In the comics the Avengers largely follow a no kill rule as well. Also Cap never uses any guns and was even dissappointed in Bucky Cap for using one.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So there is a very unfair bias against DC movies in that regard. For example. Falcon uses twin uzis in the films. He would NEVER do that in the comics.

That's not true. In the comics the Avengers largely follow a no kill rule as well. Also Cap never uses any guns and was even dissappointed in Bucky Cap for using one.

So there is a very unfair bias against DC movies in that regard. For example. Falcon uses twin uzis in the films. He would NEVER do that in the comics.

You are correct, the fact is that most people don't know ***** about the Avengers comics, they never did.
When the MCU started, these characters were "new" to most people, no built in expectations.
Batman and Superman are the exact opposite, they are the two most iconic superheroes in the world and everyone has a notion of what they should be.
This is of course mostly BS because Batman and Superman have continuously evolved (the price to pay for eternal fictional life).
Most folks will stick to the version they first encountered as being the "true" one.
It is an unfair double standard but it is easy to understand.

You brought up a good point but I would still argue that it slightly depends on who's writing. Also in one of the panels you posted above, Cap says "Avengers don't kill- not unless there's any other-" and it seems like he got cut off before saying "unless there's any other way" so they might prefer to not kill but I think they'll do it if it comes down to that.

You are correct, the fact is that most people don't know ***** about the Avengers comics, they never did.
When the MCU started, these characters were "new" to most people, no built in expectations.
Batman and Superman are the exact opposite, they are the two most iconic superheroes in the world and everyone has a notion of what they should be.
This is of course mostly BS because Batman and Superman have continuously evolved (the price to pay for eternal fictional life).
Most folks will stick to the version they first encountered as being the "true" one.
It is an unfair double standard but it is easy to understand.

I agree, It's an unfair double standard. But I do think there is more to it than just the iconic thing (although I do agree that it is a great factor for a lot of people).

Mainly, you are saying that since people don't know this characters from comics and they have no other source (like previous movies), they accept the kill idea.

The thing is, applying the same principle, people should have no problem with Batman and Superman killing, since Burton's Batman even puts a Granade in a henchman's pants and sadistically smile as the guy explodes and Donner's Superman pushes a depowered Zod in a "cliff", while smiling.

But people's main argument is "they are not like that in the comics".

People accepts the changes made to adapt marvel characters to movies and don't want to apply the same for DC.

I liked CW a lot, but there are quite a few plot holes and other problems with the movie, but most people don't seem to look at it with the same critical eye they did BvS.

BvS had a better initial box office than CW, and a good acceptance from public, and then, it came the defamation campaign and the movie tanked in the following weeks.

I'm not saying that everyone that disliked it is just "going with the herd", some people have their valid points and everyone is entitled to an opinion about this kind of thing. But I'm talking about a big portion of people that just leave their thinking to others, nowadays.

Most people here will be comic book fans, or at least, pop movie fans, and the movie divided the public here (which happens for a lot of factors, it's not a easy movie, it pushes some boundaries, there is the iconic factor of the characters, etc).
But we are a small portion of the box office, there was no division to the main public, "it's a horrible movie" (as stated by the Rolling stone magazine).

Last edited:
I saw civil war last night. I really liked it, but as i was watching it I couldn't shake the feeling that I'd seen this movie before. Civil War has all the same major themes that guide the story arc as BvS.

Both Films start with a crisis in a foreign country, heroes interevene collateral damage ensues (more unintended human deaths) foreign policy issues result, and questions of whether they cause more harm then good. This leads to the government pondering if they should be contained and controlled- who decides when they should or should not intervene. The hero(s) is/are called to an official government hearing, a bomb goes off, innocent people die, and the hero(s) are wrongly blamed for the explosion. The death of parents, and their names play a signicant role in both films. The real villian is pulling the strings & manipulating the heroes so that they fight each other... there are more similarities but I am too lazy to list anymore.

Also the double standard is in full force, didnt read one review that criticizes it for how the avengers brutally kill their enemies without any regard for human life (except when they fought each other). I guess I'm sensitive to this now that BvS was criticized for it even though Supes and bats aren't shown to deliberately and brutally kill people like the avengers do. It never bothered me before but it does now. I chuckled towards the end when cap told bucky "not to kill" any of those cops as he (cap) was knocking them off of the stairwell to their impending doom.

One thing is for sure...both Tony Stark & Bruce Wayne have serious mommy issues

Last edited:
its the progression of their stories, we have seen them in their solo stories, meet up, work together as a team, and now fight each other. Then comes the time they resent each other and seek couples therapy etc..., then make up and bond for the final showdown against the REAL threat.

i stay away... only to be pulled right back.

the movie doesn't suck because batman kills.

the movie sucks because it's not well made.

like a bunch of post credit bonus scenes put together to create a 2 hr+ music video.

people seriously acting like the world is out to sabotage this movie for some reason.

Last edited:
BvS and CW spoilers below

You'll notice that not one person is going to complain that Stark knew Parker was Spiderman with no real explanation how, but Lex knowing who Superman is, that's crossing the line! Lol

Back