1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could never stand that Superman's intelligent villains could never figure out Kent was Superman
Especially in this universe where his face has been plastered all over the news
Lex knowing is just common sense to me

Why would anyone think that Superman has a dual identity in the first place?
None of it really matters anyway.
Here's how it was put to me by a legendary DC Comics editor 25 years ago; the DC universe (and by extension all superhero universes) is a pyramid that rests on its tip rather than its base.
The pyramid's tip is the fact that Clark Kent's glasses can hide his identity as Superman.
If one cannot suspend their disbelief and accept that fact, it's time to quit superheroes.

For some of us, like myself, our last memorable experience with DC came with TDK trilogy where "no killing" was Batman's mantra, an ideal pounded into our heads for 3 movies. Inadvertently or not, even though TDK trilogy isn't contained within the DCEU, it set-up future DC movies to follow that same ideal. So when people do die, it becomes a big deal.

Contrast that with Marvel. Once Iron Man punched a man 2 stories high and into a concrete building in Gulmira, the tone was set that killing bad guys in the MCU was fair game.

Just Becuase he said no killing doesn't mean he didn't actually kill. I don't care how you look at it, setting a house on fire and running away while saving 1 person is killing. And legally it's murder in nearly every country. Bruce Wayne would be considered either a terrorist or a mass murder for what he did to the league castle in Batman Begins. It's no different then doing it with the batmobile or any other way you want to go. The only difference is he uses that line and it's his one rule. Well, it's a pretty fuzzy rule.

They even go after him in the second and third films for being a murderer. And he was, as far as the law goes. Doesn't matter that Dent was a loon or a bad guy. His actions directly resulted in Dents death. Accidental (which is crap, given how precision and knowing ever move is his MO) or not. And it wouldn't matter if dents a murder. Just like they tried to show that if he killed joker that's breaking the rule. Well, he killed sent pretty much the exact same way he stopped from killing the joker, and then said "I don't kill". Lol right.

So if Affleck had just said, "I don't kill" it would have been fine. All you have to do is say it. Lol

Just Becuase he said no killing doesn't mean he didn't actually kill. I don't care how you look at it, setting a house on fire and running away while saving 1 person is killing. And legally it's murder in nearly every country. Bruce Wayne would be considered either a terrorist or a mass murder for what he did to the league castle in Batman Begins. It's no different then doing it with the batmobile or any other way you want to go. The only difference is he uses that line and it's his one rule. Well, it's a pretty fuzzy rule.

They even go after him in the second and third films for being a murderer. And he was, as far as the law goes. Doesn't matter that Dent was a loon or a bad guy. His actions directly resulted in Dents death. Accidental (which is crap, given how precision and knowing ever move is his MO) or not. And it wouldn't matter if dents a murder. Just like they tried to show that if he killed joker that's breaking the rule. Well, he killed sent pretty much the exact same way he stopped from killing the joker, and then said "I don't kill". Lol right.

So if Affleck had just said, "I don't kill" it would have been fine. All you have to do is say it. Lol

I get your argument. Not even debating that he killed. It doesn't even bother me that Bale killed. Hell, it doesn't even bother me that Batfleck kills without remorse. His brutality and darkness is my favorite aspect of this interpretation of Batman! I'm simply stating that Bale's Batman absolutely hammered home the idea that he "doesn't kill." Because that ideal is so ingrained in his Batman, any death he causes becomes perceived as "not malicious or intended." BS, I know. I'm simply stating that Nolan's Batman set up future Batman's to be thought of in this same light. Bale Bats never "wanted" to kill, but it happened. Batfleck doesn't give a crap so people are like "wait, BATMAN isn't supposed to KILL!"

It's not a fair assessment of who Batman or anyone in DC is, but I'm trying to look at it objectively. Bale's Bat is the most recent Batman, and probably the defining Batman for many of the younger generation who weren't old enough for Keaton Bats. "Not killing" (at least saying you shouldn't) becomes associated with ALL Batman's. For that reason, Batfleck's Bat gets unfairly criticized for killing.

I haven't seen CW yet. But saw AoU and they are killing people left and right. I begins to bother me, that all my friends thinks Marvel is good and DC is bad, cause in DC films they kill people... well...

They're probably just fan boys. Of course I've seen some pretty devout DC fan boys, but from what I've noticed, it seems Marvel has more band wagoners in the sense that they will praise anything Marvel does and disparage anything DC does, just because it's DC.

That's a shame that the only thing people can talk about when it comes to the Affleck Batman is "OMG, HE KILLED". Some people sound like parrots or broken records. :lol

Batman has been killing on film since 1989. The only two Batmen that were do-gooding Saints were Adam West and George Clooney.

Now I don't like BvS, I thought it was ****, but Batman killing those thugs shouldn't be a criticism. He didn't have the code and was angry and grizzled. A shadow of his younger self that views criminals as "weeds" that can never fully eradicate. Atleast the Affleck Batman wasn't a hypocrite like Bale, who racked up quite the kill count for someone that professed a "No guns, no killing". The guy killed garbage drivers, Harvey Dent and had ****ing canons mounted to his vehicles. :lol

Why would anyone think that Superman has a dual identity in the first place?
None of it really matters anyway.
Here's how it was put to me by a legendary DC Comics editor 25 years ago; the DC universe (and by extension all superhero universes) is a pyramid that rests on its tip rather than its base.
The pyramid's tip is the fact that Clark Kent's glasses can hide his identity as Superman.
If one cannot suspend their disbelief and accept that fact, it's time to quit superheroes.

Strongly disagree with that, to me it's more like watching a movie like Troy and seeing a plane land in the background
You can't quite suspend your disbelief when it's THAT distracting
It's just TOO convenient that all these people he even works with see Superman's face frequently and no one is ever looking at Clark like "man, your chiseled good looks and build strongly resemble this alien dude we see all the damn time..."

Exactly! It's a standing joke how poor Superman's disguise is (a remnant from a simpler time) - the average man-on-the-street would never know because the chances of actually seeing Superman up close are small, and who knows what the reporters on their local paper actually look like?
But his foes - Luthor especially, would know straight away – it's an insult to the viewers intelligence to assume otherwise!

Legit, I'm glad Lex knew in the film
Everyone asking "how?"
How NOT?!

But a legit question. Is "How did Lex know Bruce is Batman"

I get having Cyborg and the others on tape but I assume Batman is better at covering his tracks

I originally assumed Lex figured it out when Bruce was over stealing the data but it's mentioned that Lex knew far before that

That's a shame that the only thing people can talk about when it comes to the Affleck Batman is "OMG, HE KILLED". Some people sound like parrots or broken records. :lol

Batman has been killing on film since 1989. The only two Batmen that were do-gooding Saints were Adam West and George Clooney.

Now I don't like BvS, I thought it was ****, but Batman killing those thugs shouldn't be a criticism. He didn't have the code and was angry and grizzled. A shadow of his younger self that views criminals as "weeds" that can never fully eradicate. Atleast the Affleck Batman wasn't a hypocrite like Bale, who racked up quite the kill count for someone that professed a "No guns, no killing". The guy killed garbage drivers, Harvey Dent and had ****ing canons mounted to his vehicles. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc
This video says it all Difabio. I couldn't agree with you more. Every version of the movie Batman has killed. The no kill rule comes from the comics and even then it's depended on the version. That all being said, I still hate Superman killing, no matter what version. Donner, Singer, Snyder, it all still feels wrong. I'm not saying never, no matter what but only, ONLY, FRAKING ONLY as a last resort. That's why MOS didn't really bother me as much as B v S. He was fighting a whole group of Superman level villains. It's awful hard to stick to no killing at some points in that situation. In B v S he just smashes a regular human through a wall.

You could assume that he used his high level of intelligence to figure out the identity of Batman, but the movie frequently makes him look like a complete idiot.

I haven't seen CW yet. But saw AoU and they are killing people left and right. I begins to bother me, that all my friends thinks Marvel is good and DC is bad, cause in DC films they kill people... well...

You should, its an amazing movie...collateral damage is addressed in the movie and the reason for the Sokovia Accords.

I was completely underwhelmed by Civil War and do not think it's as good as the majority seem to think it is

We agree- CW was good but really not that good as the critics etc are pounding it out...oh well BvS was just a blip on their collective screens but I was far more drawn into it and was on the edge of my seat for the entire film while CW was the same old going through the motions hyper-action and meeting around a table brooding about each other....:lol

I was underwhelmed by Civil War as well... still so damn torn over it.

I finally just watched BvS and LOVED it! I didn't see Batman straight up kill anyone deliberately though, so not understanding why people are calling him a ruthless killer?

I finally just watched BvS and LOVED it! I didn't see Batman straight up kill anyone deliberately though, so not understanding why people are calling him a ruthless killer?

probably can't stand the fact Affleck was fantastic as Batman...looking to nit pick the movie to make MCU movies look better( which they don't)

You must have missed the entire car chase scene where he rams a car full of thugs, drags it about a kilometre and uses it to crush another car that was also filled with people. Then he straight up shreds a car full of people with the turret on the front of the batmobile. He also blew up quite a few occupied vehicles with the batwing. Also, he blew up the Russian dude when he shot that fuel canister. He was pretty deliberate with all of his kills.

I'm not complaining. I don't really care. I think it's awesome that he doesn't give a ****. Just saying, he was very ruthless.

He absolutely did, firing that tow cable into the car he plowed into just moments before to turn it into a vehicular morning-star to use against the other vehicles, and then using the gun on the front of his car to totally decimate that SUV with the mini gun, and then literally decapitating a guy with his front fender, and then blowing up those trucks with the Batplane, lighting KGBeast up with that machine gun, and you know what? It was beautiful. It was ugly, but, for the purposes of the story, I thought it was beautiful, because I see this as a redemption story for a Batman who's basically become so disillusioned by his experiences that he's forgotten his true purpose.

There's a line in "Under the Red Hood" where Jason asks Batman why he wouldn't just kill the Joker, and Batman talks about crossing that line would basically mean unleashing the monster inside and not being able to come back, and I feel like that's where this movie picks up. With Batman, after he's lost sight of that line. I know it pissed a bunch of people off, but I feel like it goes a great deal toward humanizing Batman. He's the king of deus ex machina; in the current comics, he's literally the God of Knowledge (I **** you not), and people always say that what makes Batman so great is that he's human, and that makes him relatable, except that he's really not. He's always portrayed as morally incorruptible and completely infallible, and, as we've heard, time and again, "to err is human."

I think that this story is as much about Batman's redemption as it is about Superman's, and it just works for me.

I just rewatched that scene, and holy crap... I don't how I didn't notice that, hahaha!!! was friggin awesome.

Back