1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The X-Men was just a better written and thought out story. The X-Men were also created as a group while Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were created as individual characters. You have to come up with good reasons as to why they would come together. They are just bigger and demand that more attention and detail are given to their character development and backstory. I love these characters and I just feel WB rushed things to capitalize on the superhero craze instead of taking the time to make sure they got the core of these characters right by crafting a strong and cohesive story to showcase them.

All about opinions I know - but I disagree with you there, I don't think there was anything wrong with the way the characters came together at all... in fact I really liked how WW was introduced.

So its official that ben get to direct his own batman's movie. Hopefully we get to see a new costume or even more badass cowl..

I hope he keeps his suit. It's perfect. Some tweaks doesn't matter. Like Batman 89 and Returns. Overall my hopes for the new standalone Batman are pretty high if Affleck is gonna write it too.

The X-Men was just a better written and thought out story. The X-Men were also created as a group while Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were created as individual characters. You have to come up with good reasons as to why they would come together. They are just bigger and demand that more attention and detail are given to their character development and backstory. I love these characters and I just feel WB rushed things to capitalize on the superhero craze instead of taking the time to make sure they got the core of these characters right by crafting a strong and cohesive story to showcase them.

I have been an Uncanny X-Men fan since back in the 80'. But I don't really like the films. I thought I would hate BvS, but for some reason, I loved it. I have seen it twice now. It has a LOT of flaws. The reason for Superman hating Batman is kinds obscure (maybe in the longer cut it is explained), Lex Luthor guessing the secret identities of bats and supes... that was kinda fast. Wonder Woman was fine, I didn't need more (or less). I liked Jesse Eisenbergs Luthor. He tried something else. And the fight with Doomsday... it was too dark and we JUST had a fight with Batman and Superman. I would rather they had saved Doomsday for another film. But hey. Did it work 100%? No, but I liked that he tried. SPOILER! Doomsday and The Death of Superman was just two thing too many. The death felt rushed, I had no emotional connection. It was like 80% of the scenes could have used just a little more time, again, maybe the BD will give us that. I think all the flaws with this film is in the screenplay. It seems sloppy in some places. I think everyone acted really well, Snyder REALLY knows how to shoot a film. After reading the reviews and listening to all my friends rants and hate, I thought I was going to dislike it too, but I went in with an open mind... And loved it.

I have been an Uncanny X-Men fan since back in the 80'. But I don't really like the films. I thought I would hate BvS, but for some reason, I loved it. I have seen it twice now. It has a LOT of flaws. The reason for Superman hating Batman is kinds obscure (maybe in the longer cut it is explained), Lex Luthor guessing the secret identities of bats and supes... that was kinda fast. Wonder Woman was fine, I didn't need more (or less). I liked Jesse Eisenbergs Luthor. He tried something else. And the fight with Doomsday... it was too dark and we JUST had a fight with Batman and Superman. I would rather they had saved Doomsday for another film. But hey. Did it work 100%? No, but I liked that he tried. SPOILER! Doomsday and The Death of Superman was just two thing too many. The death felt rushed, I had no emotional connection. It was like 80% of the scenes could have used just a little more time, again, maybe the BD will give us that. I think all the flaws with this film is in the screenplay. It seems sloppy in some places. I think everyone acted really well, Snyder REALLY knows how to shoot a film. After reading the reviews and listening to all my friends rants and hate, I thought I was going to dislike it too, but I went in with an open mind... And loved it.

Same here. Wound up loving this movie, I've seen it 3 times at the theatre. It has flaws as you say but it's still a good movie to me but it could've been great. I personally give it an 8/10. I think we have a treat for ourselves around the corner with the DCU.

All about opinions I know - but I disagree with you there, I don't think there was anything wrong with the way the characters came together at all... in fact I really liked how WW was introduced.

That's cool, it is all just opinions. It just didn't seem very organic to me and I felt that if you hadn't read a bunch of comics and background on the actual movie it was hard to follow. Superman just punches his way through the bad guys and even kills though he doesn't have to? Why didn't Batman at least try to talk to Superman before deciding he was the enemy? Batman can't use google? Superman just wreaks the Batmobile and let's the villains get away just to get a point across to Batman? Superman puts the needs of many below Lois? Superman doesn't just talk fast enough to get his point across to Batman before having to fight? He falls for the Kryptonite gun twice? Wonder Woman has just decided humanity can go fall off a cliff? She tries extra hard not to save people? Why would she even care about that picture? Who's going to ask here about it? Why did Luthor even care about finding these people? He even gives them logos? I'm not even getting into the completely off character mess that this version of Luthor is. I know they were trying something different but it didn't work. Much like the cave troll that was supposed to be Doomsday. Batman was the closest to the source material to me even though he didn't really mind using guns and killing in the middle of fights. It bugged me but other movie versions have killed while fighting before so it wasn't as bad. A lot of the characters in this movie are just so far from what I love about them that it made it hard to enjoy the movie.

That's cool, it is all just opinions. It just didn't seem very organic to me and I felt that if you hadn't read a bunch of comics and background on the actual movie it was hard to follow. Superman just punches his way through the bad guys and even kills though he doesn't have to? Why didn't Batman at least try to talk to Superman before deciding he was the enemy? Batman can't use google? Superman just wreaks the Batmobile and let's the villains get away just to get a point across to Batman? Superman puts the needs of many below Lois? Superman doesn't just talk fast enough to get his point across to Batman before having to fight? He falls for the Kryptonite gun twice? Wonder Woman has just decided humanity can go fall off a cliff? She tries extra hard not to save people? Why would she even care about that picture? Who's going to ask here about it? Why did Luthor even care about finding these people? He even gives them logos? I'm not even getting into the completely off character mess that this version of Luthor is. I know they were trying something different but it didn't work. Much like the cave troll that was supposed to be Doomsday. Batman was the closest to the source material to me even though he didn't really mind using guns and killing in the middle of fights. It bugged me but other movie versions have killed while fighting before so it wasn't as bad. A lot of the characters in this movie are just so far from what I love about them that it made it hard to enjoy the movie.

Jumping in here (yay for bad ideas! :wave ) I personally liked BvS but I agree with every point here, there is a lot of bad moves made by the director. Everything was too hodge podged together and it came off as quite a bit of a wreck and as a result you have the points you listed pretty much acting as tape to hold the movie together, but not duct tape, more like masking tape. My biggest gripe with MoS was that Superman let all this crap happen around him, thousands of people die. I don't care if he was learning his powers, the whole point is that Superman saves people period. Speaking of which, that tornado scene was so dumb, I get the point he was trying to make but his dad should have died of cancer or a heart attack then he could be all like, "See Clark, you can't save everyone ya jerk!" then dead. But no, he fights Zod and destroys the city. Then at the end he has the audacity to make a joke about the satellite monitoring him (yeah I know it's a movie) but I thought that took away any bit of humbleness to Superman. Then I was crazy excited when the first footage of Wayne that we see is him running into danger to save his people against this alien war, and that the government was going to make him answer to his crimes, yet everything built up to nothing. You want to make a point about why he is needed and that he saves people? How about he hears/smells that damn bomb, saves the day and says "see losers, I just saved you" then you get a change of heart from everyone and Luthors lady friend completely rats on him because of it and you can lead up to the rest. Just lazy. Again though, I want to reiterate, I liked the movie, but only because Wonder Woman and Batman were beyond perfect. I even like Snyder, but he should never EVER EVER do another Superman film.

Regarding MoS, I don't think it was Superman they made so vastly different; it was actually Zod in my opinion that they changed quite a bit that caused Superman to take the course of action that he did.

The theme of the film (and this Superman in general) was demonstrably "sacrifice". For this version of Superman, I thought the tornado scene worked to serve as the death for this particular version of Jonathan Kent, though I do think it was perhaps executed a bit sloppy and could have been done a bit better, but they had the right idea.

Broke down with the new code and ordered Batfleck out right. Canceled out on the 2 pack WL and I think I'm going to be strictly Batfocused here. At least that's the lie I'm telling myself for now.

Regarding MoS, I don't think it was Superman they made so vastly different; it was actually Zod in my opinion that they changed quite a bit that caused Superman to take the course of action that he did.

The theme of the film (and this Superman in general) was demonstrably "sacrifice". For this version of Superman, I thought the tornado scene worked to serve as the death for this particular version of Jonathan Kent, though I do think it was perhaps executed a bit sloppy and could have been done a bit better, but they had the right idea.

I think the way that Jonathan Kent was written is the single worst thing about the DCCU so far. It is absolutely cringeworthy that when Clark asks him if he should have let the kids on the bus die, he says "maybe." Are you kidding me? Then...he lets himself get sucked up by the tornado? Come on, man! There is no reasoning, or rationalizing that will ever get me to see that differently. The Donnor Superman handled JK's death wonderfully. I actually like MOS, but the way JK was handled is almost unforgivable. I am not coming from a pro-Marvel or anti-DC POV either. I've seen BvS twice and thoroughly enjoyed this it. I am also on board for whatever DCCU figures Hot Toys gives us. I've just always hated how Jonathan Kent was handled. Especially after I thought Costner did an overall good job.

I think the way that Jonathan Kent was written is the single worst thing about the DCCU so far. It is absolutely cringeworthy that when Clark asks him if he should have let the kids on the bus die, he says "maybe." Are you kidding me? Then...he lets himself get sucked up by the tornado? Come on, man! There is no reasoning, or rationalizing that will ever get me to see that differently. The Donnor Superman handled JK's death wonderfully. I actually like MOS, but the way JK was handled is almost unforgivable. I am not coming from a pro-Marvel or anti-DC POV either. I've seen BvS twice and thoroughly enjoyed this it. I am also on board for whatever DCCU figures Hot Toys gives us. I've just always hated how Jonathan Kent was handled. Especially after I thought Costner did an overall good job.

Christopher Reeves' Superman was a different Superman; I felt his version is actually stronger and more powerful than the MoS version. The manner in which Jonathan Kent died was perfect for that particular rendition of Superman given how powerful he is supposed to be, being that it put things into perspective for him. The manner in which Jonathan Kent died fit this current version perfectly, in my opinion. Given the theme of the film and the theme for this particular version of Supes, I personally felt "maybe" was good script writing.

Gotta say I'm happy to hear about the standalone Batman movie. Think we'll see a different look? I think he already looks a bit thinned down in Suicide Squad, which might look better.

What is this coupon everyone is talking about? I already PO'd every BVS figure but once the Knightmare comes out if I could use a coupon what the hell right?

You know what's funny? Seeing the movie has made me not want the other two versions of Batman. When he is in either costume he's acting very out of character. The Nightmare scene is a mess that didn't need to be included (where he goes all gun crazy) and the armored version is an a$$ that won't listen to reason or common sense. And then makes 180 degree turnaround because of a name? It's a shame cause I was liking the look of the armored version.

You are making decisions about figure depending on what the figure did in the movie in that outfit? Not just if you like the look or not?

gotta find excuses to not want it because of the price ^

anyway, so the head doesn't articulate?

Back