1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Amen brother.

Or their mom's name is also Martha.

:duff

Is Batman the only non "super"hero to wear a cape?

I believe so. Can't think of any others off the top of my head. That's probably why the JL allows Batman to be in their club. :lol

Aside from the fact that he's able to pay for everything and has the ability to make everyone look cool if they wanted.

:duff

I believe so. Can't think of any others off the top of my head. That's probably why the JL allows Batman to be in their club. :lol

Aside from the fact that he's able to pay for everything and has the ability to make everyone look cool if they wanted.

Off the top of my head, moon knight, robin, bat girl, bat woman, the owl...

I'm sure there are more, but way too many to list.

Off the top of my head, moon knight, robin, bat girl, bat woman, the owl...

I'm sure there are more, but way too many to list.

I knew about robin and batgirl. I guess I should have ask besides the bat family. Didn't know moon knight lack any powers. Might now go look into the character thanks.

Marvel's Batman wannabe. [emoji41]

Really? Look I'm as big a fan of batman as anyone. But calling BP a batman knockoff is showing you don't know much about comics. The "black" suit and ears make the modern version of batman resemble the modern version of BP in a super simple type way(both are mainly black and have ears..but have very different suits in reality)...but since batman didn't get the all black look till LONG after Black Panther was created it would be hard to say BP copied batman. The first true all black suit that stayed was burtons 89 film and that was 20 plus years after BP was introduced wearing an all black suit that looks pretty much the same as now, expect the highlights.

Black panther looked pretty much like he does now while batman was in light blue and grey and had the 60s tv show going. Hard to say a black prince from Africa with an all black costume copied the white trust fund guy who wore underwear on the outside in blue and grey colors.

Really? Look I'm as big a fan of batman as anyone. But calling BP a batman knockoff is showing you don't know much about comics. The "black" suit and ears make the modern version of batman resemble the modern version of BP in a super simple type way(both are mainly black and have ears..but have very different suits in reality)...but since batman didn't get the all black look till LONG after Black Panther was created it would be hard to say BP copied batman. The first true all black suit that stayed was burtons 89 film and that was 20 plus years after BP was introduced wearing an all black suit that looks pretty much the same as now, expect the highlights.

Black panther looked pretty much like he does now while batman was in light blue and grey and had the 60s tv show going. Hard to say a black prince from Africa with an all black costume copied the white trust fund guy who wore underwear on the outside in blue and grey colors.

I've seen A LOT of people compare Panther to Batman in an ignorant manner on here and facebook... It's almost as aggravating seeing how many people jumped on the "Rudd sculpt looks like Affleck" bandwagon, while most of them are only comparing one photo of the sculpt straight on and completely ignore the other angles that look just like Rudd.

Sadly, here comes the joke police. Why so serious?

I'm quite sure the guy that asked who was black panther (to which I replied) was also joking, in no moment I thought he didn't know the character.

I tried the "smile with glasses" emoticon to emphasize the joke, maybe I'm not that good with emoticons. Let's agree on a symbol between us. From now on, I will use this [emoji851] when joking, ok?

To tell you the truth, the comparison between characters is not that absurd as you try to make it sound by pointing their differences (and yes, there are many differences). But both are (originally) non-powered, dark themed, wealthy guys, visually shadowy characters (reinforced by their modern visual). To try to focus on the visual aspect of the comparison only is just simplistic.

And, no, I don't think that Black Panther is a Batman wannabe (which was the joke). In fact, he is one of my favorite Avengers in the comics (and if I'm mistaken and he is no longer an avenger or whatever, I'm a few years behind on my Marvel comics, sadly (work consumed my like for a few years, still trying to catch up).

Actually, I just noticed another similarities between the characters, which is their grey vision of the world (which is something that attracts me in characters in general, that's why I like both of them).

I've seen A LOT of people compare Panther to Batman in an ignorant manner on here and facebook... It's almost as aggravating seeing how many people jumped on the "Rudd sculpt looks like Affleck" bandwagon, while most of them are only comparing one photo of the sculpt straight on and completely ignore the other angles that look just like Rudd.

That was the main reason of my joke, the whole exchange came from a question comparing both characters (that I do believe have enough visual similarities nowadays, in which, FIGURES could easily be comparable).

Last edited:
Do you guys think the exclusive items (the sniper rifle and tech cowl) will be much sought after in years to come?

Do you guys think the exclusive items (the sniper rifle and tech cowl) will be much sought after in years to come?

I feel like anything EX is usually very sought after. I regret ever selling a few EX figures and I even went as far as to re-acquire a figure I sold (DX 11 Joker 2.0). As of now I have two EX figures with 3 more on the way, in my opinion figures that have the "Sideshow Exclusive" stamp are almost always worth more. Hard to tell with Superman though. Even though their aren't many figures to date, I think the two Exclusives both being a Reeve's figure are worth money.

Back