Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a tidbit of info...

Had a great looking ACI balaclava on this guy for a couple of months now I guess...

Wayne now has a black nose, chin, forehead and cheekbones.

yay.

I believe some people soak their clothes in white vinegar to "fix" the dye, so this doesn't happen.

Or did I just imagine that you can do that?

Bought and modified a DX 12 belt to go on my Batsuit Begins. I'm sure that there's a more elegant way of doing this. I just cut off the first links on either side of the clasp. I then superglued the new ends onto the clasp. It makes it look boxy from the back, but it's covered by the cape. Can't tell from the front. It looks a lot nicer than the stock belt.

Belt02.jpg

Belt03.jpg

Belt04.jpg

Belt06.jpg

Nice mod.

Really wish I had the stones to do that neck mod. Maglor, mod my neck!!!

Thanks.
Yeah, me too. I don't think that I'd be able to do it without messing up. I would love to be able to pay someone to do it who has had experience with it.

Belt looks too tight and squishy on batman.

Sorry that I don't have a before pic, but it seems to be the same tightness as the stock belt. To me, anyway.
I just really prefer the cleaner/shinier DX 12 belt over the dark/grimy looking Batsuit Begins stock belt.

If I wanted to use the Bruce Wayne head from this figure on my DX2 Batman the Dark Knight would it be a good idea to get the Bat Suit collar from the DX12 Batman Rises, or would I be OK without it. I'm mainly just interested in it looking good and not having any big cracks, or showing the inner body.

Nice mod.

Thanks.
Yeah, me too. I don't think that I'd be able to do it without messing up. I would love to be able to pay someone to do it who has had experience with it.

Just wait for the DX version. Maybe they will finally get the neck right like they did with the DX12. :)

If I wanted to use the Bruce Wayne head from this figure on my DX2 Batman the Dark Knight would it be a good idea to get the Bat Suit collar from the DX12 Batman Rises, or would I be OK without it. I'm mainly just interested in it looking good and not having any big cracks, or showing the inner body.

A lot of pics here just push "next".
https://www.flickr.com/photos/darkknightcave/6129362923/in/set-72157609611248816/

Can't say if the DX12 collar will work, don't believe anyone has tried it yet.

If I didn't already have one I'd be all over this.
One is enough, not to mention mine has perfect ankles. :monkey3

Bought and modified a DX 12 belt to go on my Batsuit Begins. I'm sure that there's a more elegant way of doing this. I just cut off the first links on either side of the clasp. I then superglued the new ends onto the clasp. It makes it look boxy from the back, but it's covered by the cape. Can't tell from the front. It looks a lot nicer than the stock belt.

Belt02.jpg

Belt03.jpg

Belt04.jpg

Belt06.jpg

Is the dx12 belt really too big to fit without modding it?

Nice mod.

What is this neck mod please?

Cheers!

Back