Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys think HT will redo this as a DX? Seems a natural...plus more $$$ for them.

Do you guys think HT will redo this as a DX? Seems a natural...plus more $$$ for them.

Seen as I missed out on this guy and the MMS67, I would hope so. :lecture
However, there is not a lot they could improve on. The suit on the MMS67 is great and the mouth plates on this guy are beyond awesome, I think.
And looking at the pics further up, with a decent neck mod, this guy can look close to perfect.

Seen as I missed out on this guy and the MMS67, I would hope so. :lecture
However, there is not a lot they could improve on. The suit on the MMS67 is great and the mouth plates on this guy are beyond awesome, I think.
And looking at the pics further up, with a decent neck mod, this guy can look close to perfect.

Maybe they could add that periscope spying gadget he uses...plus redo the rubber bodysuit in different, better material.

Maybe they could add that periscope spying gadget he uses...plus redo the rubber bodysuit in different, better material.

Good idea :hi5: I totally forgot about that. You have a great memory.
A stapler would also be a nice accessory, and maybe the antidote used to save Rachel and a Bat, from the Arkham Asylum scene. :dunno

To be honest, i know this might never happen, but do you think that we could get an accurate, non exclusive, Prototype suit Batman. They could include the stapler and the origional suit design (before it was spraypainted' and minus the chest bat) and maybe a suitcase with the prototype weapons in it' even a baseball bat with a broken cowl.:dunno

Good idea :hi5: I totally forgot about that. You have a great memory.
A stapler would also be a nice accessory, and maybe the antidote used to save Rachel and a Bat, from the Arkham Asylum scene. :dunno

To be honest, i know this might never happen, but do you think that we could get an accurate, non exclusive, Prototype suit Batman. They could include the stapler and the origional suit design (before it was spraypainted' and minus the chest bat) and maybe a suitcase with the prototype weapons in it' even a baseball bat with a broken cowl.:dunno

He spray-painted the suit before he wore the suit and went to meet Gordon (the stapler scene), so best leave it black.

He spray-painted the suit before he wore the suit and went to meet Gordon (the stapler scene), so best leave it black.

Woops. Forgot about that. :slap
I just remembered the design on the suit minus the bat and thought it would look good on figure.
Sorry.:slap

Got this figure quite late for a reasonable price and just like to share my impressions with you :)

It wasn't displayed by the previous owner and as I unboxed it... Of course: The right boot's joint was broken as it was with many of these. :slap

Now I don't count on Hot Toy's support anymore and tried to repair it, separating the boots rubber carefully from the base to get an impression what would have to be done but ended in gluing a peg in the base as - even though all broken parts were still there - the whole joint seems to be a little wrong constructed and it wouldn't stay the way I wanted to glue it.

Anyway this could might help someone trying to repair it as well:
picture.php

Find some more images here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2015

A good advice - at least for posing this figure - is "The Dark Knight Manual". This book shows a lot of helpful details one can't even find in the movie:

picture.php

This made me change the connectors positions.

As you can see in the movie, the harness is not 100% movie accurate but I still really like it as it gives this ultimate "Batman Begins" expression.

picture.php

After some time ... and some more time ...

picture.php

I found a pose I like... for today.

picture.php

I know, I have to make some better images :lol
But how do you like it?

Last edited:
The strap idea is a good one.
My figure had exactly the same boot problem with the peg broken at the same place. I took it back to the shop and within a week he had another one in store for me. Not a good sign tho, that so many had the exact same break.

The strap idea is a good one.
My figure had exactly the same boot problem with the peg broken at the same place. I took it back to the shop and within a week he had another one in store for me. Not a good sign tho, that so many had the exact same break.

Thanks!
The thing with this peg is that I actually don't have warranty on this anymore. Maybe I'll give it a try and see what HT says. :dunno

Sigh. I want to track one of these down, but that boot sounds like a ***** to fix.

That's true, seems like you can take boots of other releases but they don't sell for reasonable prices. :dunno

How do you remove the plastic foot inside without breaking the rubber?

Hi Ninjaknight:

First of all I turned the inside of the rubber out, over the inner hard plastic, so that you can see the broken joint.

Could be enough to "repair" the joint but doesn't give you a lot of space.
Now you can try to carefully pull the rubber off the plastic base/ sole from inside.

Try to find an area where it starts to go off and continue there, always follow up with your fingers so that the rubber doesn't rip.

In my case the rubber perfectly fits on the base again.

picture.php

:lol:lol

Seriously though, he is a great figure man. It's unfortunate about the leg, best of luck with that.

Ps, thanks for the Dark Knight Manual photos. Those are amazing, I never saw them before. :goodpost:

The Dark Knight Manual is an awesome book. It's incredibly gimmicky, but a lot of fun to flip through.

Back