Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I miss out on the restock yet?

That's what I'm wondering too. I didn't check my email until a few hours after they sent their news letter and in this hobby that's too long lol I've been checking back frequently but it still says that they are checking their inventory. :( really hope I didn't miss it. I'll be giving them a call as soon as they open to find out. Beats paying $400 on eBay but they are killing me this month. The Batpod, DX12, and now this! Looks like its Ramen Noodles until early next year lol

Last edited:
Just called them. Sold out in less than 5 minutes.

Which sucks, as I called 7 minutes after I got the damn newsletter.

Just called them. Sold out in less than 5 minutes.

Which sucks, as I called 7 minutes after I got the damn newsletter.

Yeah I just got off the phone with them too :gah:. I was really excited to see that in the news letter too. I've been trying to get this figure at a decent price since I started this hobby. Back on the hunt I suppose. :(

Yea, I was very tempted to get this today if it had come back in stock. Guess it didn't last too long, though. Oh well. I have the DX12 coming in December and having just one Batman from the Nolan trilogy is good enough for me, but it would have been cool to get this had if it had been available.

Yeah I just got off the phone with them too :gah:. I was really excited to see that in the news letter too. I've been trying to get this figure at a decent price since I started this hobby. Back on the hunt I suppose. :(

:goodpost: I know your pain! I jumped on the original waitlist for this guy early in the year and got cancelled, same with Demon Batman and Scarecrow. I missed out on great figures by a matter of months!

I'll pick this guy up eventually I suppose. Too much coming out right now and preordered to start getting stuff on my backlog.

:goodpost: I know your pain! I jumped on the original waitlist for this guy early in the year and got cancelled, same with Demon Batman and Scarecrow. I missed out on great figures by a matter of months!

I'll pick this guy up eventually I suppose. Too much coming out right now and preordered to start getting stuff on my backlog.

Yeah me too. I'll get him and the others eventually but I have to finish my preorders first. Thank goodness for tax time lol

Guys need some help going to order a cape for this badboi off lforigno.

Now am not sure which combination to.

Long/short/Rayon/Velvet.

Recommendations?

Is the dx12 belt really too big to fit without modding it?

Yes, quite too large.

Long/short/Rayon/Velvet.

Recommendations?

I've been keeping up with this. For the Batman Begins figure you should ask for a Long, Hero Template, Rayon cape. The velvet looks darker, but the Rayon hangs nicer for a 1/6 figure. Personally, I have a long, velvet, Takara template cape. I had gotten mine before he started the hero template ones.
I did just get a Hero Template for the DX12 that I'll be getting eventually. I asked him what is best for screen accuracy.
Unfortunately, he only just started offering Rayon after I had ordered. Oh, well. At least it'll match my Begins figure.

For a Dark Knight figure get the same only medium length.

Long/short/Rayon/Velvet.

Recommendations?

The velvet really sucks out all light, it's great; it looks totally black. Don't know about the rayon. As for length, since they used capes of varying lengths in the movies, it's really down to what kind of look you are after. For statuesque poses, the long cape on the Begins Batman looks great. I would personally go for the short cape on the TDK Bats.

Long/short/Rayon/Velvet.

Recommendations?

Long. Velvet. IMO.

Yes, quite too large.

I've been keeping up with this. For the Batman Begins figure you should ask for a Long, Hero Template, Rayon cape. The velvet looks darker, but the Rayon hangs nicer for a 1/6 figure. Personally, I have a long, velvet, Takara template cape. I had gotten mine before he started the hero template ones.
I did just get a Hero Template for the DX12 that I'll be getting eventually. I asked him what is best for screen accuracy.
Unfortunately, he only just started offering Rayon after I had ordered. Oh, well. At least it'll match my Begins figure.

For a Dark Knight figure get the same only medium length.

I have both the long Takara template as well as the "Hero" template and I prefer the Takara style one. It just really looks stunning all draped around him.

P1160656.jpg

P1160071.jpg

And it makes hiding the ugly boots easy. :D

Although I agree that the velvet is not as to scale as the rayon, I think it works pretty well with the Begins suit. However, on the TDK suit I prefer rayon because of how the velvet bunches up at the shoulders after being tucked under the chest armor.

That first picture looks good but IMO it's a waste of a figure, you might as well buy a statue if that's what you want to see on your shelf.

That first picture looks good but IMO it's a waste of a figure, you might as well buy a statue if that's what you want to see on your shelf. I have mine in an awesome dynamic pose:

0.jpg

That is pretty awesome :hi5:

Decided to make a new mouthpiece for my Begins Batman.

I casted the tdk medicom mouthpiece and resculpted over it to fit the begins cowl. Repainted it and also repainted the eyes.

I also modded the shape of the cowl and make the neck bigger.

I aslo padded his chest and switch the belt with the dx12.

P1050463.jpg

P1050457.jpg

P1050458.jpg

P1050468.jpg

P1050476.jpg

Last edited:
I'm normally a big fan of all your work seb but I can't say I'm a fan of that. Just don't think it works at all. Hope you don't take offence, just wanted to offer my honest opinion. Ordinarily I think your stuff is incredible. :peace

Back