Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmmh lol ok maybe I see this differently then.
The mouthpiece need a bit of work still but to me it's looking more like Bale than the stock faceplate.

Maybe trying to reposition it? The mouthplate is indeed bale, but right now it just doesn't blend in well with the cowl. It kinda look 'photoshopped' for some reason.

Maybe that's the problem - not enough shadowing due to the fresh varnish coating.

As I'm sure judging from your previous work, they all have been close to perfection.

Played with the mouthpiece a bit more.

LOL idk I really liked it but it seems that it's just me! haha

P1050502.jpg

That first picture looks good but IMO it's a waste of a figure, you might as well buy a statue if that's what you want to see on your shelf.

How is this:

P1160656.jpg

A waste of a figure. :dunno That's the best pose for TFBB.

Any other pose I've seen makes him look goofy as hell, Mags is a futzmaster, and that's one of his best figures as far as presentation goes on his shelf.

Hard to do with this guy.

That first picture looks good but IMO it's a waste of a figure, you might as well buy a statue if that's what you want to see on your shelf.

It still shows the best part of this figure, which is the torso and cowl. The boots looks so awful that I cant display that figure without covering them.

And it's different than a statue because I chose that pose, not some sculptor. So if it "looks good" as you say, why not display it that way? :dunno

Also:

Photo+13.jpg

Also, I just don't think this particular figure looks as good in dynamic poses.

1.jpg

Heres one more pic to make the case for the longer cape (while showing more of the figure... and still covering the ugly boots):

IMG_5227.jpg

That is pretty awesome :hi5:

:rotfl

Heres one more pic to make the case for the longer cape (while showing more of the figure... and still covering the ugly boots):

IMG_5227.jpg

:rotfl

That is the pose I'm using, pretty much. But I have both arms showing. I really like the BB gauntlets. Once I get the creg customs gauntlets and an extra DX12 belt, my "perfect" Batman will be complete.

Last edited:
That is the pose I'm using, pretty much. But I have both arms showing. I really like the BB gauntlets. Once I get the creg customs gauntlets and an extra DX12 belt, my "perfect" Batman will be complete.

But the DX12 belt would require modding to fit the TF bats no?

I was under the impression that HT has surpass statues in realism? But then I have never owned any non-HTs so I would not know

I was under the impression that HT has surpass statues in realism? But then I have never owned any non-HTs so I would not know

Well, yes and no. In a statue you are never going to have the same kind of proportion issues that you do with figures (neck too long, thighs too wide, etc). But high end figures can be more realistic in terms of the materials used. Instead of vinyl or polystone, this figure is rubber which captures the texture of the real deal.

I think statue collectors believe that they are collecting "works of art" or whatever, and they tend to look down on toy collectors. But IMO, a well futzed and modified figure indeed does look more realistic than a statue.

But the DX12 belt would require modding to fit the TF bats no?

Yea, I think a chunk of it has to be cut off the back of the belt. I don't mind doing that though because I won't see it when displayed. I have the streamline? dx12 belt on its way to me to put on my first night out Bruce figure. We'll see how it works out and I'll post pics.

Yea, I think a chunk of it has to be cut off the back of the belt. I don't mind doing that though because I won't see it when displayed. I have the streamline? dx12 belt on its way to me to put on my first night out Bruce figure. We'll see how it works out and I'll post pics.

Sweet! Looking forward to your pics! :clap

And it's different than a statue because I chose that pose, not some sculptor. So if it "looks good" as you say, why not display it that way? :dunno

I really like the boots and legs on my figure, that's why I didn't understand hiding them.
It is a matter of taste, obviously everyone should display their figures as they see fit.

Back