Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the manual is fantastic- best book on the Nolan films out there! A MUST.
The new Batmobile book, on the other hand, was disappointing.

Have any of you guys read The Dark Knight Trilogy book?
tumblr_m7nmdxGdkT1qen0f6o1_1280.jpg

There are some jaw dropping photo's in there, and seems to be a bit of reading too! I just had a quick flick through it at Waterstones.

Have any of you guys read The Dark Knight Trilogy book?
tumblr_m7nmdxGdkT1qen0f6o1_1280.jpg

There are some jaw dropping photo's in there, and seems to be a bit of reading too! I just had a quick flick through it at Waterstones.

Got it...really great stuff..............buy it!:clap

Hi Ninjaknight:

First of all I turned the inside of the rubber out, over the inner hard plastic, so that you can see the broken joint.

Could be enough to "repair" the joint but doesn't give you a lot of space.
Now you can try to carefully pull the rubber off the plastic base/ sole from inside.

Try to find an area where it starts to go off and continue there, always follow up with your fingers so that the rubber doesn't rip.

In my case the rubber perfectly fits on the base again.

picture.php

Thanks for the reply Pirate!

Is the base of the foot glued?

I tried to turn the boot inside out but can't really find a way to pull out the foot.

WOW, sounds like I was lucky, my 155 has perfect feet.
I have changed his pose several times, the feet move easily and I never had a problem.
An aftermarket cape is all I needed to make him look great.

Thanks for the reply Pirate!

Is the base of the foot glued?

I tried to turn the boot inside out but can't really find a way to pull out the foot.

Actually the hard plastic with the joint inside is somehow connected to the hard shoe's sole as one part.

picture.php

The rubber part of the boot surrounds that inner plastic part above the shoe sole's border.

picture.php

The rubber is somehow glued or welded to the shoes plastic in this area but - at least in my case - not inseparable.

But as I said:
(...)
tried to repair it, separating the boots rubber carefully from the base to get an impression what would have to be done but ended in gluing a peg in the base as - even though all broken parts were still there - the whole joint seems to be a little wrong constructed and it wouldn't stay the way I wanted to glue it.
(...)

One thing I'm thinking about is to file away the complete joint and to glue an other shoe's joint inside. In a way cheaper than to buy a boot at evil bay.

Let me know if I you need further assistance.

Last edited:
:lol:lol

Seriously though, he is a great figure man. It's unfortunate about the leg, best of luck with that.

Ps, thanks for the Dark Knight Manual photos. Those are amazing, I never saw them before. :goodpost:

It's really a cool book. Even comes with a lot of stickers.
Bet you already ordered it :rotfl

Back