Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny. I just noticed one of the spikes on the right arm gauntlet is uneven with the other two. On the left arm there all in a perfect row. At first I thought it was broke and it was just hanging loose like that but no, that's the way it's made. Does anyone else have one like this?

Is there anywhere you can get this below £200ish anymore?

It says on Sideshow that the figure is "In Stock," but when I click on the item, it says "Checking Inventory." If you really want the figure, it seems like Sideshow might be getting EVEN MORE of these in. Best of luck to ya.

SC20120305-000301.jpg

Even though if you press on it, it isn't in stock. Confused. :dunno

Funny. I just noticed one of the spikes on the right arm gauntlet is uneven with the other two. On the left arm there all in a perfect row. At first I thought it was broke and it was just hanging loose like that but no, that's the way it's made. Does anyone else have one like this?

One of mine just popped out, glued it back in.

But crooked they are not :lol

Just did my version of Jye's clip mod.

I used electrical tape and trimmed it to tape the clips to the washers:

IMG_5222.jpg

The washer and clip are tightly butted up against each other so they function as one ridged unit.

Slide them under the cowl like so:

IMG_5224.jpg

Voila!

IMG_5226.jpg

Anyone doing this mod: Do yourself a favor and make it appear that the cape is actually being held in place by the clips like above rather than having the cape be behind and separate from the clips like so:

001-6.jpg

Sorry DiFab - you're not the only one who has done this, but I had the annotated pic handy.

Again, cape should be coming from under the clips not from behind the clips:

sq_batman_bale_wb_050420.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the tip to use the washers Jye, it works great! :hi5:

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

That does look phenomenal Mag. :clap

Isn't it great how it's now easily moveable and sturdy.

You are correct about having the cape coming from under the clip, I need to go do that to mine. :slap

I like that you don't place your clip ontop of the cowl as some do, not that it would be wrong because that photo you just posted has that exact placement.

I just don't like it up ontop of the cowl.

Our version gives it the upward arc because the cape is pushing it up without the clip actuallly having to be sitting ontop of the cowl.

Last edited:
Isn't it possible to just make holes in the lforigno cape to put under the clips instead of cutting the clips?

Yes. Some have done it. But the clips are way too far back if the holes in the suit/body are used. I have no idea what HT was thinking when they put them so far back. They're almost on the side. :cuckoo:

That does look phenomenal Mag. :clap

Isn't it great how it's now easily moveable and sturdy.

You are correct about having the cape coming from under the clip, I need to go do that to mine. :slap

I like that you don't place your clip ontop of the cowl as some do, not that it would be wrong because that photo you just posted has that exact placement.

I just don't like it up ontop of the cowl.

Our version gives it the upward arc because the cape is pushing it up without the clip actuallly having to be glued to the cowl.

Thanks man. And again, thanks for the idea. :bow

I haven't decided how I feel about having the clips a little on top of the cowl. The edge of my cowl is very thin because of my mod. It might work better than it would with the stock cowl...

Yes. Some have done it. But the clips are way too far back if the holes in the suit/body are used. I have no idea what HT was thinking when they put them so far back. They're almost on the side. :cuckoo:

Ya I see what you mean now. I actually got the lforigno cape with the BB/BW I bought but I have him displayed as BW so I'm not using it. I do see, however, that is it worth the money. Very nice! The mod looks great on yours, BTW.

Isn't it possible to just make holes in the lforigno cape to put under the clips instead of cutting the clips?

Like Maglor said, you definately don't want to be using the prefrabricated holes HT made onto the suit, they are way off and it will look really dumb!

HT, this is for you :slap

Last edited:
I want to do this clip-mod, but I don't want to cut the clips :S.. IF I'm going to sell this figure, I want it to be in perfect condition...

What to do :dunno:?

Buy spare cape set which comes with clips and washers :dunno

Do it because he looks like ass w/o those clips.

I thought he didn't, I had convinced myself that he didn't need those silly stupid clips.

Boy was I wrong, he looks much better with them on for whatever odd reason.

Even my wife looked at him post clip mod and said she noticed a difference, for the better.

I don't know if i should do the mod or not. I'm just waiting on dean to make the begins head, and i think it will include cape clips. Ill try to buy spare cape clips in the mean time.

I don't know if i should do the mod or not. I'm just waiting on dean to make the begins head, and i think it will include cape clips. Ill try to buy spare cape clips in the mean time.

For me it was an easy decision to cut the clips, I no longer buy to sell.

When 2.0 or 3.0 versions come out, I will always hold onto 1.0.

1.0's eventually will end up in my son's detolf once he's old enough to appreciate them. :yess:

Back