Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dust is one thing, but the neck is pretty annoying too. Can't do a Mag or a Tony, hope Dean's 'Looking down cowl' is in works and does see the light!:
@TheFiend: The lforigno cape already has a cut, all you need is to take off the cowl and put it around the neck (post).

Yeah the neck too! I'm tempted to do but I'm scared of F'ing it up. And what is this "looking down cowl"? Is someone gonna do some custom cowls for us giraffe owner's? :lol
:lol
do you still have the 2 rubber washers that came with the stock cape?

Oh I see now. The lforigno cape has slits in it and you just take the washers out of the stock cape and pop them through the slits lforigno's. Got it

This should do it, hope I didn't forget any steps:

picture.php

picture.php

My word, what subtle use of light and shadow. That is suitable for framing. I so enjoy your coloring.

DiFabio's list of "Never by second hand from these collectors"

• Maglor

• Jye

Oh Mag, Lambo and Zach. :lol

Finally got around to doing his cape clips :yess:

Take this HT :pfft:

I took blue painters tape and taped the clips together with the rubber washers that come with the stock cape.

One washer to each clip.

This method did the following:

No tape glue ever touches the inside of the cowl, just the washers.

The clips are 100% stable and more importantly mobile, just push on the clip and they slide up and down effortlessly because underneath the cowl the washers are not glued to the cowl.

Next project, clear coating the Takara gaunlets so that I can finally use them, time time time. :gah:

Tell me what you think:

picture.php

Looks great!

But I don't get it. :confused:

Use low to medium tac blue painters tape and you're all set.

All it takes is one very small strip for each clip.

Then lift the cowl up, don't take it off, just lift it up and slide the round rubber washers underneath and push in.

It works beautifully.

Nope. Still don't get it. I get the thin strip of tape (that's what I did), but I don't get what part the washers are playing...

This should do it, hope I didn't forget any steps:

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome. :lol

I think I get it now.

So the clip is taped to the washer and the cowl is just holding the washer in place with pressure?

Pretty much what I was trying to do. I wanted to connect the clip to the cowl with something thin and ridged. Looks like the washers fit that description.

Yes Sir! :) Here you go, and do vote!

Interesting...

Last edited:

Looks great!

But I don't get it. :confused:

Nope. Still don't get it. I get the thin strip of tape (that's what I did), but I don't get what part the washers are playing...

Sounds like the washers slide underneath the cowl, thus holding the clips in place. The washer being between the cowl and his suit.

Mag and Toy have it 100% correct, pressure from the cowl holds it perfectly.

Sorry Lambo but you do have to cut the pegs.

Make sure you cut them smooth so that the left over peg doesn't puncture the rubber body.

Last edited:
Well the washers/clips/cape are all kinda one unit. Once you cut the pegs off the clips the whole thing's pretty much shot. If you had to re-buy I would think they would all come together.

Plus, Jye isn't damaging the washers with the tape.

I'll be gluing mine though. :)

Well the washers/clips/cape are all kinda one unit. Once you cut the pegs off the clips the whole thing's pretty much shot. If you had to re-buy I would think they would all come together.

Plus, Jye isn't damaging the washers with the tape.

I'll be gluing mine though. :)

Gluing is also a good idea.

It's the pegs you cut not the washers.

Correct again

Yeah the neck too! I'm tempted to do but I'm scared of F'ing it up. And what is this "looking down cowl"? Is someone gonna do some custom cowls for us giraffe owner's? :lol

Oh I see now. The lforigno cape has slits in it and you just take the washers out of the stock cape and pop them through the slits lforigno's. Got it

Not correct

Lforigno has no slits for pegs, just a hole for the neck.

Back