Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did my version of Jye's clip mod.

I used electrical tape and trimmed it to tape the clips to the washers:

IMG_5222.jpg

The washer and clip are tightly butted up against each other so they function as one ridged unit.

Slide them under the cowl like so:

IMG_5224.jpg

Voila!

IMG_5226.jpg

Anyone doing this mod: Do yourself a favor and make it appear that the cape is actually being held in place by the clips like above rather than having the cape be behind and separate from the clips like so:

001-6.jpg

Sorry DiFab - you're not the only one who has done this, but I had the annotated pic handy.

Again, cape should be coming from under the clips not from behind the clips:

sq_batman_bale_wb_050420.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the tip to use the washers Jye, it works great! :hi5:

IMG_5227.jpg

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Tutorial was easy to understand too. I heard you also did the neck mod. Is it on this thread or do you have it saved? Sorry for all the questions, I didn't really follow the thread when I thought I wasn't going to keep it.

For me it was an easy decision to cut the clips, I no longer buy to sell.

When 2.0 or 3.0 versions come out, I will always hold onto 1.0.

1.0's eventually will end up in my son's detolf once he's old enough to appreciate them. :yess:

Great. Dad get's to keep the good stuff and son gets the older second rate HT releases. Thanks dad.:(

J/K :wink1:

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up. Tutorial was easy to understand too. I heard you also did the neck mod. Is it on this thread or do you have it saved? Sorry for all the questions, I didn't really follow the thread when I thought I wasn't going to keep it.

Here's my neck mod (internal and external): https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4099217#post4099217

And here's Tony Mei's version of the external mod: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4170987#post4170987

I received my Batman today. The box was a little scuffed up and so was the outer window, but judging by the inner packing and the figure's condition, it is brand new. Everything looks good and is in working order.

It's definitely not as enjoyable as posing the T-800 or Harvey Dent since the suit is so restricting and I'm concerned about wear and tear. It was a real pain to put on the cape and cowl and I'm sure the neck area of the suit will get damaged after switching heads a few times, so I'm not likely to put the Bruce Wayne head on again.

It looks great and I'm glad I got it before it went out of stock again, however I'd have no problem sacrificing some aesthetics for a more poseable (and less fragile) suit.

I forgot I still had this. He's tucked away in his little box somewhere. I'm still waiting on that spare 30 to get a custom cape. I'm so lazy and uncoordinated :lol

One day, one day.........

Got an email saying this was in stock for a little while, got myself on the waitlist guiltily hoping someone can't afford to pay for theirs :lol

I saw that it was in stock yesterday and was about to place the order for it but sadly someone got their before me. I jumped on WL as well. FML

How do I clean the rubber suit...?

I use a normal tape-strip. BUT(!!) stick it on and off a clean t-shirt first so most of the glue disappears. Then just stick the tape on and off all over the suit. Works great :)

Works for capes aswell, but no need to take away the glue then.

(I call it glue cus I don't know a better word :( )

Back when I was healthy, I detailed cars for fun and for a little extra cash. I used the Zaino system. I won't go into the minutia, but it involved a LOT of very thin layers of different kinds of synthetic wax. On my red '98 Corvette, I had so many layers that the car looked positively soaked (and beautiful) most of the time.

I've been contemplating using small amounts of this stuff on my shiny little plastic dudes. Which I guess is just my Mark V and Mark VI. I'd have to use Q-tips I guess. There is a small voice in the back of my head telling me that it might eat through the paint. Then again, the body of my 'vette was plastic.....and it worked wonders there.....

Back when I was healthy, I detailed cars for fun and for a little extra cash. I used the Zaino system. I won't go into the minutia, but it involved a LOT of very thin layers of different kinds of synthetic wax. On my red '98 Corvette, I had so many layers that the car looked positively soaked (and beautiful) most of the time.

I've been contemplating using small amounts of this stuff on my shiny little plastic dudes. Which I guess is just my Mark V and Mark VI. I'd have to use Q-tips I guess. There is a small voice in the back of my head telling me that it might eat through the paint. Then again, the body of my 'vette was plastic.....and it worked wonders there.....

Plastic/Paint I don't stress over, there are products out there meant for that....it's the damn rubber that I want to look soaked and beautiful but can't find anything that won't destroy it! :gah:

I would love for HT to come out with a cleaner/beautification product specifically made for their rubber/vinyl/pleather/plastic figures.

Right now you can only blow air on them to remove dust.

If they did I would wait and sit back and let you try it out on your figures before I would put anything Hot Toys offered to clean rubber. :impatient:

If they did I would wait and sit back and let you try it out on your figures before I would put anything Hot Toys offered to clean rubber. :impatient:

:lol Tell me about it. We would all have melted Batman figs with picture's and a tutorial to boot and HT would still claim "...there is no problem with Hot Toy's Rubber Suit Beautifier"

Back