Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go through the trouble of using a hairdryer for wrist pegs, but I just pull the pegs from the hands with my teeth now. lol

A pliers works better, but then you gotta find them... The key is to pull straight and slow.

LOL!! Well my office is just down the hall from my wife's hairdressing room, so its not that big of a deal. I fear for my teeth. I used pliers with HT Spidey and snapped it.

I really wanted this figure for the headsculpts only as from pics, the suit looked really matte and blah. In person though, the suit is very nice. I think the original release suit is nicer still. I love having this as BW. I popped the Batman head from this one onto the body of the original release....perfection.:clap

Oh Mag, Lambo and Zach. :lol

Finally got around to doing his cape clips :yess:

Take this HT :pfft:

I took blue painters tape and taped the clips together with the rubber washers that come with the stock cape.

One washer to each clip.

This method did the following:

No tape glue ever touches the inside of the cowl, just the washers.

The clips are 100% stable and more importantly mobile, just push on the clip and they slide up and down effortlessly because underneath the cowl the washers are not glued to the cowl.

Next project, clear coating the Takara gaunlets so that I can finally use them, time time time. :gah:

Tell me what you think:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Looks just like my cape clips Jye, good work. You can easily move them around with that cool idea you used using the stock cape washers.

I also noticed in a few shots, yours and mine especially, that while the stock gauntlets aren't glossy they are a significantly different tone than the rest of the suit. Your figure looks really good there.

Looks just like my cape clips Jye, good work. You can easily move them around with that cool idea you used using the stock cape washers.

I also noticed in a few shots, yours and mine especially, that while the stock gauntlets aren't glossy they are a significantly different tone than the rest of the suit. Your figure looks really good there.

Thanks D :hi5:

That's the word I was looking for...washers :slap

Post edited :lol (shocker, I know).

Ahh....gaunlets.......I swear these Takara will be the end of me.

Nice idea jye!

Im going to steal it.

:hi5::hi5::clap:hi5::hi5:

Use low to medium tac blue painters tape and you're all set.

All it takes is one very small strip for each clip.

Then lift the cowl up, don't take it off, just lift it up and slide the round rubber washers underneath and push in.

It works beautifully.

:hi5::hi5::clap:hi5::hi5:

Use low to medium tac blue painters tape and you're all set.

All it takes is one very small strip for each clip.

Then lift the cowl up, don't take it off, just lift it up and slide the round rubber washers underneath and push in.

It works beautifully.

Im a visual learner.

Pics? :)

That soundtrack for the video is better than the one for your '89 Batman.

Nothing like a satanic toddler and lolz cat chorus against a mix between parts of Bohemian Rhapsody and the Commando theme.

Ok, I've had this thing since it came out and had plans to sell it but I decided to keep it. I really love the figure,it's my second favorite Batman suit. But I really do not know what the hell HT was thinking when they engineered this suit. I know you all have heard this a hundred times but I haven't really taken this thing out and posed it and fooled around with it since I got it. I only opened it initially to check for damages.I mean this suit is a pain in the ass!! If there is the slightest particle in the air it sucks to the suit like a damn vacuum. Anyway, I definitely want to get a iforigno cape for mine. I think it improves the figure considerably. How does it attach though? I mean does it involve heavy modding?

Dust is one thing, but the neck is pretty annoying too. Can't do a Mag or a Tony, hope Dean's 'Looking down cowl' is in works and does see the light!:

XYZABCWTF.png
IMG_1958.jpg

@TheFiend: The lforigno cape already has a cut, all you need is to take off the cowl and put it around the neck (post).

Last edited:
Back