Hot Toys Bruce Wayne/Batman (2011 Toy Con Ex) review + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone tell me why it's so hard to insert the cape?:duh
I always display my batman as "first night out" before...

I've been browsing through this thread, looking at the qc issues. I can't find any more info on what this "air bubble" issue looks like. My Batman's right arm is more roomy than the left. Is that what they're talking about?

The arm was actually turned around so the elbow bended backward when I first took the figure out, but that was a simple fix since there is extra space in the right arm of the suit.

I also saw mentioned that the arms won't stay up when posing. I don't think that is so much a qc issue as much as it is simply restricted posing due to the suit, isn't it?

The "air bubble" is just what you described. The right sleeve is more roomy than the left.

I just put a little cotton in the bicep area and it's fine. Before if I bent his arm at the elbow the rubber would flex weird at the bicep, but the cotton fixed that. :)

The "air bubble" is just what you described. The right sleeve is more roomy than the left.

I just put a little cotton in the bicep area and it's fine. Before if I bent his arm at the elbow the rubber would flex weird at the bicep, but the cotton fixed that. :)

I swear HT really F'd this release up. I feel bad for anyone who's frst experience with HT was this figure. Anyhoo, my goddamn right boot broke.:gah: I've had him out for about a week with no problem's and now this. I checked him when I first got him and there wasn't any problems but I guess over the week with trying out new poses it broke. :( Has anyone fixed this problem without having to resort to buying new boot's?

I swear HT really F'd this release up. I feel bad for anyone who's frst experience with HT was this figure. Anyhoo, my goddamn right boot broke.:gah: I've had him out for about a week with no problem's and now this. I checked him when I first got him and there wasn't any problems but I guess over the week with trying out new poses it broke. :( Has anyone fixed this problem without having to resort to buying new boot's?

Their all going to break sooner or later, that's why when I fixed my right foot I also did the left. I actually replaced the boot feet with Hot Toys bare feet. Wasn't easy and not for everyone, as one person left his boot all loose. But here's how I fixed mine. I turned the top of the boot all the down, almost inside out. Then pried out the boot foot very carefully and replace them with the barefeet.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5398.jpg

100_5399.jpg

Their all going to break sooner or later, that's why when I fixed my right foot I also did the left. I actually replaced the boot feet with Hot Toys bare feet. Wasn't easy and not for everyone, as one person left his boot all loose. But here's how I fixed mine. I turned the top of the boot all the down, almost inside out. Then pried out the boot foot very carefully and replace them with the barefeet.

100_5395.jpg

100_5396.jpg

100_5397.jpg

100_5398.jpg

100_5399.jpg

Oh cool! Good idea. I got some extra feet too. I think I will try this. What is with that clear boot there. Was that in one of the boots? Oh and by turning the boot inside out did it leave any marks on the sides or top of the boot? Thanks,

Last edited:
Oh cool! Good idea. I got some extra feet too. i think I will try this. What is with that clear boot there. Was that in one of the boots? Oh and by turning the boot inside out did it leaves any marks on the sides or top of the boot? Thanks,

The clear one was the left foot and wasn't broken. I had sold this Batman and I believe the buyer decided to check the right foot out and pulled the boot off breaking it. I figured this because he said the lower leg had come out too, which would only have happen if someone had pulled on the boot. Long story short he returned it and I fixed it and just decide to keep it. Now as far as the clear one, my thoughts are Hot Toys had some break and replaced them with new boot feet, but didn't replace them if they weren't broken. Someone suggested it was cause it was the left foot, but the shape is totally different then the black one.
I don't have any marks on my boots, Just maker sure you pull them all the way down at once so as not to let it crease and quickly as possible exchange the feet so you can pull the boots back up. Be careful prying the boot feet out as you don't want to break the sole.

Last edited:
Looks like I might be doing a variation of lion's foot fix on my spiderman...

:lecture

Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of doing that because it's so much easier than trying to answer a million questions with my attempts at description. :lol

100_5399.jpg

His boots looks stretched there, they look like snow boots.

His boots looks stretched there, they look like snow boots.

I have to admit that I kinda agree.

Lion, your fix is brilliant, but If I were to try it, I would file down the sides of the feet before squeezing them into the boots. :peace

I have to admit that I kinda agree.

Lion, your fix is brilliant, but If I were to try it, I would file down the sides of the feet before squeezing them into the boots. :peace

Why, do you have tiny narrow lady feet. (I know jye4ever does) My Batman has man feet Baby. :rotfl

Looks fine the way it is. As long as it appears the cape is under those clips, they don't actually have to. Really well done jye. :rock

Great pose, the draping of the cape is fantastic.

I would hate to move it again :lol

Yeah, it's fine. Don't mess up those folds you got on the cape.

I've got one of mine posed with the grapnel gun as well. It would be cool if it had the little hook like the '89 gun. It would be even cooler if it was sturdy enough and had an actual wire line to make him fly on a monorail! :yess:

Still have to bring the cape under the clips.

picture.php

Looks fine the way it is. As long as it appears the cape is under those clips, they don't actually have to. Really well done jye. :rock

Great pose, the draping of the cape is fantastic.

It doesn't. At all.

Why do under and behind look like the same thing to you? With the cape posterior to the clips the clips look completely pointless, superfluous, useless... they are just out there in no-mans land serving no purpose. :banghead

And I agree. Cape drape looks effing awesome Jye! :rock

Back