1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know blaming "soccer moms" is very popular but they only serve as scapegoat in retrospect when a project went wrong. the truth is that hollywood doesn't take any risks and is mostly incapable of producing art. comic movies/series of the late 80s/early 90s were just more authentic because the medium was still an unknown variable which is why the producers had more freedom at that time but then they turned primarily into marketing products and that has not changed to this day. very few exceptions.

There are some gems in this.

"It was a total attack against kids, the whole movie. Everything kids love was being used against them. Clowns (lol), ducky boats, presents and mobiles! Using to hurt kids and capture kids."

"Penguins total goal was to hurt kids!"

Nah, he he wanted to kill them.

"I was scared. I came out of Terminator 2 fine."

:lol

That kid was a little *****, they all were. Imagine what these 1992 parents would think if they were transported into the future and saw all the degeneracy of the 2020s.

I was 4 years old when I saw BR in theaters. Loved every minute of it. Stop wiping your kids a$$ and let them grow some balls. Biggest problem with kids today, they break a nail and start crying to be taken to the emergency room.

"It was a total attack against kids, the whole movie. Everything kids love was being used against them. Clowns (lol), ducky boats, presents and mobiles! Using to hurt kids and capture kids."

That kid was a little *****, they all were. Imagine what these 1992 parents would think if they were transported into the future and saw all the degeneracy of the 2020s.

Tbf, Batman Returns is full of occult references and more for a mature audience although I still think they should be able to watch it... and I also think these talkshows are scripted btw but that's beside the point.

so yeah, there is more degeneration these days but that doesn't imply that there's more risk involved or that modern comic films are less campy than Batman Forever, the Zeitgeist is just different and it's now other institutions that set different boundaries which is why 99% of modern comic books/movies/shows are trash - just in a different way - so there's no contradiction. Hollywood is to blame, not irrelevant activists or parents. the latter just serve as a welcome excuse to take the easy route.

ahahaha I can't believe this is a real thing!
"...and her 9 year old daughter, about a half an hour into the movie they walked out" :cuckoo:
Taking your 9 year old to see a PG13 movie, and then complaining it was too violent? It's Batman! What were they expecting?! A Disney princess film?!
I don't remember how old I was when I first saw these movies, but I do remember them being awesome. In fact, they're still awesome!

True, especially Nicole Kidman in 1995 :love haha
View attachment 505487

Yes, but that's Jim Carrey, not Nicole Kidman. :monkey3

WTF is that on Two Face's head? A potential toy variant? :lol

Sex and toys. Personally, I like when Kidman was hitting the heavy bag and she was wearing that tight little black spandex outfit. She looked sexy in that scene. Oh, and when the Riddler dropped her and the camera was conveniently below her to capture her falling in slow motion.

6XpuQl9.gif

VOqz5dX.jpg

97Phm6d.jpg

Imagine if those kids had social media back then. :lol

You doods are making me want to buy this, at least Batman anyway.:pfft:

My experience with Forever - I was 23 and my girlfriend and I got super baked before and about the halfway point. I specifically remember telling her "it was the best one yet" afterwards. Drugs man, even the mild ones. But yeah, at that time the entire cast was on fire - super hip - as was the soundtrack. I remember seeing it lying around at a lot of parties.

Maybe I'll get Batman and put him next to a green lava lamp.

Whoever bough the Xensation Two-Face and Riddler figures must be feeling very happy right now! They're not perfect but they will still look great with the Hot Toys Batman and Robin.

I think I'm going to stay optimistic and hope HT will do Two-Face and Riddler. I know the chances are ridiculously slim, but it doesn't hurt to hope.

You doods are making me want to buy this, at least Batman anyway.:pfft:

My experience with Forever - I was 23 and my girlfriend and I got super baked before and about the halfway point. I specifically remember telling her "it was the best one yet" afterwards. Drugs man, even the mild ones. But yeah, at that time the entire cast was on fire - super hip - as was the soundtrack. I remember seeing it lying around at a lot of parties.

Maybe I'll get Batman and put him next to a green lava lamp.

The bygone days when The Flaming Lips were considered "super hip".

Man if BF is the quintessential guilty pleasure movie of the 90’s then the 90’s really is more ****ed up than I care to remember lol

Thank God for lower budget Blade 1 which is the Karl Urban Dredd of the 90’s to wash away that neon stench from BF

Holy crap Blade 1 came out the year after B&R

WB needed to lay off the cocaine then and now lol

But hey the HT looks freaking spectacular

Back