1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kiss from a Rose Tico:

tenor.gif

:lol :lol

Source material not the strongest for me but its refreshing to see HT going back in time to release a version of Batman that they haven't released already. I have 1966, Keaton, Bale, and Arkham versions this pair is going to fit in nicely with them. Likely the only two from the movie I think that they'll release...

WTF is that on Two Face's head? A potential toy variant? :lol

Halogen head lamp.

At the end after Batman catches Chase and Robin, things happened a little differently.

Originally, Two-Face would have gone down there in the darkness to shoot the three of them. He'd have the head lamp to get down there. He uses the light to blind Batman's sonar sensors, throwing Batman off. When Two-Face flips his coin, Batman throws his coins, guessing where Harvey's hand is, but misses since he can't see. Harvey falls to a beam further down and goes in to kill Batman. Then Robin accuses Two-Face of being a coward and gutless, and suggests he stop using the coin on and make a decision on his own. Two-Face flips his coin, grabs it and walks off the ledge, choosing to kill himself.

From the script,

517 BATMAN - POV (SONAR SCREENS) 517

As he rests Robin on the platform beside Chase. Suddenly
his world flares a blinding white.

518 TWO-FACE 518

stands on the platform before him, a halogen light
strapped around his head, blinding Batman's sensors.

Two-Face brandishes his gun.

You can see the lamp on his head below,

AF629375-3CF7-4789-882A-D9001184E504.jpg
960553F3-C7F7-43F8-9E3F-192C187F61B3.jpg
55E00FF7-9475-4D04-9814-64A0FAF28E2A.jpg

Halogen head lamp.

At the end after Batman catches Chase and Robin, things happened a little differently.

Originally, Two-Face would have gone down there in the darkness to shoot the three of them. He'd have the head lamp to get down there. He uses the light to blind Batman's sonar sensors, throwing Batman off. When Two-Face flips his coin, Batman throws his coins, guessing where Harvey's hand is, but misses since he can't see. Harvey falls to a beam further down and goes goes in to kill Batman. Then Robin accuses Two-Face of being a coward and gutless, and suggests he uses the coin on himself and make a decision on his own. Two-Face flips his coin, grabs it, comes up tails and walks off the ledge, killing himself.

You can see the lamp on his head below,

View attachment 505560
View attachment 505561
View attachment 505562

55TnXbj.jpg

Forget the lamp, somehow my question about the head gear led to an even bigger WTF? Dent commits ******* suicide in a children's comics? :lol

Originally yeah, Robin ****s with his head and he chooses to off himself.

There was a lot more scenes in it about the Sonar suit. Scene in the beginning of him testing the rocket boots with Alfred and stuff.

The official Novelization goes into detail about the end too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3lfD2OyMFs

2:49:47, it starts, when Batman jumps down to save Chase and Robin

One of the best things about releases like this is that it collectively prompts multiple people to revisit films like these and rejuvenate discussion about said films. A dissection/re-evaluation of the pros and cons of Batman Forever in 2021 with new behind the scenes and conceptual insights. I love it.

Last edited:
:lol :lol :lol

I'm actually in full Schumacher mode* because of this release and had to revisit B&R as well. (If Wor-Gar knew I was doing that he would be very, very grumpy, lol.) Man Mr. Freeze looks awesome in Dolby Vision HDR, no joke! Bring him on HT! :rock

*boy I wouldn't want that statement taken out of context, lol

For me B&R > BF

At least I get my 66 on crack entertainment out of B&R

I refuse to forgive BF lol

I hold so much animosity and contempt towards it I really put it in the same category as Superman 3.

I won’t compare it to Superman 4 though that is in the italian Captain America category lol

Batman forever on SNES was revolutionary and insanely hard, Batman and Robin in PS1, was hard without a strategy guide, I mean the first two days were like wth am I doing in Gotham, but still fun, despite the box controls on Batman, robin and batgirl [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best things about releases like this is that it collectively prompts multiple people to revisit films like these and rejuvenate discussion about said films. A dissection/re-evaluation of the pros and cons of Batman Forever in 2021 with new behind the scenes and conceptual insights. I love it.

There?s a movie guy on YouTube who is a big Hot Toys collector called Robert Meyer Burnett who is doing a retrospective on Batman Forever tomorrow night - I?m assuming it has to have something to do with this release.

Batman forever on SNES was revolutionary and insanely hard, Batman and Robin in PS1, was hard without a strategy guide, I mean the first two days were like wth am I doing in Gotham, but still fun, despite the box controls on Batman, robin and batgirl [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Loved BF on the Sega Mega Drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually in full Schumacher mode* because of this release and had to revisit B&R as well. (If Wor-Gar knew I was doing that he would be very, very grumpy, lol.) Man Mr. Freeze looks awesome in Dolby Vision HDR, no joke! Bring him on HT! :rock

For me B&R > BF

At least I get my 66 on crack entertainment out of B&R

I refuse to forgive BF lol

I hold so much animosity and contempt towards it I really put it in the same category as Superman 3.

I won?t compare it to Superman 4 though that is in the italian Captain America category lol

Robin's B&R suit >>>> BF suit :lecture

AH-HA!!! I found you!

Joking. Anyway, I did watch Batman Forever and B&R last week when all 4 movies were running on TNT or TBS or whatever. BF brought back good memories, especially the music. B&R, not so much. 1995 was a very good year for me so the movie carries that nostalgia for me, like it does for many here. B&R was one of those sequels that, while you were watching it, you just knew this would be the end of this era of Batman; that these kinds of Batman movies were done.

Robin's B&R suit >>>> BF suit :lecture

Easily, if I could pick any of the costumes from the Schumacher films for 1/6 it would be Kilmers Panther suit paired with O?Donnell?s Nightwing esq suit.

I?m very tempted to pick the Sonar suit up for nostalgias sake in the hope it leads to the Panther and even the B&R suits but I was never overly fond of Robins suit even as a 10 year old... his sequel suit with all the Robin gadgets though was one of the things I did enjoy a couple of years later watching the follow up.

People need to PO or this will be the last thing you ever see from the 90's Era Batman.

I mean, if Mandalorian Dark Troopers -- which few people actually liked the design -- SOLD OUT in its first wave, then these need to do the same to send HT a message.

Totally agree Khev, I think it is a big part of what has gotten me so excited to get these figures. More so than any other Hot Toys figure in years. Even to the point that this week I bought the 1:18 Batmobile model in anticipation of displaying with them :yess:

With all the delayed movie releases last year, our cinemas played a lot of old films instead like the Star Wars trilogy, Alien and Aliens, BTTF trilogy, etc. They also played all 4 Batman films and I took my 7 year old son to watch a few films like all of the OT as well as B+R.

I am glad I did as it was the most enjoyable time I have ever had watching it - through his eyes it was fun and exciting and visually engaging for him. It was also truely nothing like any other film I have shown him yet! It doesn't make them better films but got me to appreciate both BF and B+R for what they are a lot more.

Attachments

• 20210209_062436_capture(0).jpg
    20210209_062436_capture(0).jpg
    981.8 KB · Views: 90
Love those Batmobiles, are they still available or are the older models?

They are the Hot Wheels 1:18 scale versions, the Burton one goes back to around 2003 originally I think but has had multiple releases in both standard and Elite versions for both films. They have not had a retail release in a few years though and some versions are pretty expensive now.

The Forever one was released a couple of years ago and is probably easiest to get at retail price still. That is how I got mine this week.

Back