1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation: Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Oh man great times in the summer of 95. If you have any more promo pics please post them.

I'm still convinced that if there was no B&R that people would have no trouble at all looking fondly at the "Batman Trilogy" of 89-95. I and everyone I knew saw BF as a fun and refreshing continuation of the two Burton directed films. It was only after the loathing of B&R (and all things Schumacher) that people began to retroactively compartmentalize the two Burton flicks as being apart from Forever.

Sure driving the Batmobile up the side of a building raised eyebrows but no worse than the response to "penguin commandos."

Is the Sonar suit all black? I think I keep getting it mixed up with Clooney's goofy ass "ice suit." For some reason I thought it had jarring color highlights but it looks pretty cool in all those pics.

It’s a gunmetal grey.

B7435684-D7C2-4800-B6DB-1B2408A00FFB.jpeg

Like Robocop, lighting makes all the difference. The suit was actually used for Christian Bale’s screen test back in 2003.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x150lja

It’s a gunmetal grey.

View attachment 438388

Like Robocop, lighting makes all the difference. The suit was actually used for Christian Bale’s screen test back in 2003.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x150lja

And now I see that it did NOT have nipples. Go figure. Sure it's got that full "90's" hyper stylization thing going on but dare I say in a way that still has endearing charm. So yeah I'd be fine with HT doing either Forever suit then.

No matter. In 5 more years we'll be laughing ''Hah, remember that time we briefly thought Hot Toys were going to make Batman Forever figures!''

Heck that could remain true even if they make a formal announcement of the license in the next few weeks :lol

No matter. In 5 more years we'll be laughing ''Hah, remember that time we briefly thought Hot Toys were going to make Batman Forever figures!''

Heck that could remain true even if they make a formal announcement of the license in the next few weeks :lol

Yup, exactly.

Those two videos they posted for the new year were very telling. Footage of Stan Lee, slide shows of the Marvel cast members like Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth in every frame. The office space filled with Marvel figures and boxes. We all know what their priority is.

Still, you don’t have those Batman suit references pinned to the wall in plain sight like that when you’re producing a video and sourcing footage to produce . . . if you’re not making Batman Forever figures. That’s what is so annoying about them. I mean I’m sure they’ve worked on things that will never see the light of day, but they gotta know the smallest things will pop out to people, especially those references shots. It’s the first thing that popped out to me when watching that video and it’s way too obscure of a thing to just have sitting around the office.

Who knows. The only certainty is that we’ll see atleast 4 Captain Marvel figures before even one Kilmer Batman is teased.

Their first 2 announcements of the year were for the MCU. That's pretty much gonna be their 2019.

Or show finished prototypes at cons, lol.

:exactly:

Yup, exactly.

Those two videos they posted for the new year were very telling. Footage of Stan Lee, slide shows of the Marvel cast members like Tom Holland and Chris Hemsworth in every frame. The office space filled with Marvel figures and boxes. We all know what their priority is.

Still, you don’t have those Batman suit references pinned to the wall in plain sight like that when you’re producing a video and sourcing footage to produce . . . if you’re not making Batman Forever figures. That’s what is so annoying about them. I mean I’m sure they’ve worked on things that will never see the light of day, but they gotta know the smallest things will pop out to people, especially those references shots. It’s the first thing that popped out to me when watching that video and it’s way too obscure of a thing to just have sitting around the office.

Who knows. The only certainty is that we’ll see atleast 4 Captain Marvel figures before even one Kilmer Batman is teased.

Hot Toys gonna Hot Toys. They're just thoughtless, they'll get us excited for absolutely nothing, no problemo. They've done it so many times - with a particularly painful concentration of instances in that 2011/2012 period. Actual official announcements, statements of figures coming soon. So yeah, I can easily see them having no scruples about putting reference materials for licenses they haven't even announced in their videos, knowing it'll start speculation and excitement that they never intend to deliver upon.

Last edited:

They’ve always done this with teasing that’s why I don’t wish for anything from them. If they make it cool, if not o well. I remember when they kept hyping up avatar figures when the movie was hype but all they did was release iron man after iron man and released the crappiest avatar figure three years later. If it’s marvel or Star Wars hot toys will put it first before anything

I don't think I've actually seen Batman Forever. Maybe clips of it, never the whole film. I know what I'll be doing tonight. :lecture

Yup, exactly.

The 1/6 The Bat is a good example, they did it only to show what they can do, I was very excited about it

The cowl is interesting because I really doubt Hot Toys would be able to give it swappable mouth expression plates due to the design of the mask alone. Makes me wonder if they’d even do swappable eyes so it had the grid Sonar eyes.

Maybe they’d just contour the sides of the faceplates to the jagged cowl shape? They sort of did that with their Armored Batman from BvS iirc.

Forgive my terrible editing skills. :lol

cloySxe.jpg

Maybe they’d just contour the sides of the faceplates to the jagged cowl shape? They sort of did that with their Armored Batman from BvS iirc.

Forgive my terrible editing skills. [emoji38]

View attachment 438406
All I can see is one giant mouth hole

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Take it with grain and salt. From what I've heard Hot Toys has the license for the Batman movies since the early The Dark Knight movie. THat's when I first heard about Hot Toys interested in Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Forever. However, we didn't get the 89 Batman figure and Joker until a long time. And wait for a few years until Batman Returns was made.

I'm sure Hot Toys is interested in making Batman figures from the previous movies but they've been so tied up with the current movies/

Clooney looks so goofy in that ice outfit.

To be fair the Keaton films had some horrendous cringe parts to those films so... I'd buy this.

I'd buy them all in a heartbeat...

Batman Forever wasn't a great movie but the costume designs are actually some of my favorites.
Panther suit would be at the very top of the list, Robin! Sonar suit as well.
And the villains!!! Are you kidding, Jim Carry's Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face...
I'd buy them all.

Now if you want to talk about a real disaster... Batman and Robin is the actual unwatchable film.
But, do I really want a 1/6 scale light up Arnold Schwarzenegger MR. Freeze?
YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DO!!!!
Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl???
DUH!
I'd do the full monty. Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr Freeze. Poison Ivy, even the doofus version of Bane.
I would however draw the line at those idiotic ice suits.

Would I PREFER a Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin... Yep, not to mention a 1966 Batmobile and TV Villains.
But, its not an either or question, I want them all.

Bring it on Hot Toys...
I'm going back to work so I can log some overtime and pay for all this stuff!

I'd buy them all in a heartbeat...

Batman Forever wasn't a great movie but the costume designs are actually some of my favorites.
Panther suit would be at the very top of the list, Robin! Sonar suit as well.
And the villains!!! Are you kidding, Jim Carry's Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face...
I'd buy them all.

Now if you want to talk about a real disaster... Batman and Robin is the actual unwatchable film.
But, do I really want a 1/6 scale light up Arnold Schwarzenegger MR. Freeze?
YOUR DAMN RIGHT I DO!!!!
Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl???
DUH!
I'd do the full monty. Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Mr Freeze. Poison Ivy, even the doofus version of Bane.
I would however draw the line at those idiotic ice suits.

Would I PREFER a Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin... Yep, not to mention a 1966 Batmobile and TV Villains.
But, its not an either or question, I want them all.

Bring it on Hot Toys...
I'm going back to work so I can log some overtime and pay for all this stuff!

At least the doofus bane is better looking then the bane the designed in GOTHAM

Kilmer bat is my favorite growing up. Maybe because I prefer dr chase meridian than Vicky. And also the Jim Carrey’s riddler.

Back