1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation: Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Makes sense. It's gonna be pretty slow for Batman-related properties at the movies aside from Joker next year. I can't see them wanting to go a year without a Batman.

How man years have we waited on the Batman returns villains? I was SO exited to see that they'd be coming and then- NOTHING. i really, really hope that we can finally get a Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin. I've see a tiny tease of the returns catwoman in the video, but that could have been a figure they half finished and just left sitting on the shelf for 7 years. I really hope to be wrong, because these would be AWESOME!!!! also... an updated Nicholson joker in his Museum gear and an alternative 'melty face' would be great!

Also... i know the film got a lot of hate but how effing incredible would an Arnie and Uma Mr. Freeze and poison ivy be??!

How man years have we waited on the Batman returns villains? I was SO exited to see that they'd be coming and then- NOTHING. i really, really hope that we can finally get a Batman Returns Catwoman and Penguin. I've see a tiny tease of the returns catwoman in the video, but that could have been a figure they half finished and just left sitting on the shelf for 7 years. I really hope to be wrong, because these would be AWESOME!!!! also... an updated Nicholson joker in his Museum gear and an alternative 'melty face' would be great!

!

That was a most likely the NECA 1/4 scale Catwoman. The opening in the outfit on the shoulder and the size of the figure kind of gives it away.

Kilmer was a terrible Batman. Easy pass.

Kilmer was a terrible Batman. Easy pass.

He wasn’t bad. And in my opinion, in a way better Batman movie than Returns.

Also, if they release the normal suit, you could put in a bale mouth piece and have a screen test bale hot toy.

He wasn’t bad. And in my opinion, in a way better Batman movie than Returns.

Also, if they release the normal suit, you could put in a bale mouth piece and have a screen test bale hot toy.

Agreed. Though I loathed it when it came out, today I find FOREVER far more re-watchable than RETURNS.

I don’t particularly care for the Schumacher movies, but I have every live action Batman Hot Toys has done except for the Knightmare duster Affleck and the two Justice League Afflecks. I hated Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad, but those regular and armored Affleck figures were too good to pass on. It was like The Dark Knight Returns come to life.

It would be the same deal with a Kilmer Batman. I couldn’t pass on the regular Panther suit or the Sonar suit. They’d look cool as figures and have their place in the cinematic evolution of the character.

At that point though, I’d end up wanting a Clooney just to say I own West, Keaton, Kilmer, Bale and Affleck, and that wouldn’t be a good thing because I hate those Clooney suits.

I would rather the regular suit he wears than the sonar suit but I’d get it cuz I didn’t mind this movie now or when I saw it in the theate 23 years ago. However Batman and Robin....talk about horrible.

I'm all for a Kilmer Batman, and Clooney for that matter. It would awesome to have all the cinematic Batmans represented in the collection.

I liked Kilmer as both Batman & Bruce Wayne and would put him just behind Keaton & Bale in my favourites list.

I really hope this fig happens.

It was my first Batman movie theatre experience so I would buy it for nostalgic reasons although I hated the movie even as a kid. I would also buy Schwarzenegger Mr freeze because he looked kinda cool.

It would be kind of odd if Hot Toys skipped over the main costume ("panther suit") and instead issued the sonar suit which was employed only in the films climax. Be nice if they did both though.

I haven't seen this movie for ages. Am I right in thinking it's still a sequel to Batman Returns despite the different director and lead actor?

I don't think I'd get a Kilmer Batman but might get Riddler and Two Face to put with my Keaton Batman should they make them.

I haven't seen this movie for ages. Am I right in thinking it's still a sequel to Batman Returns despite the different director and lead actor?

Different Harvey Dent too but yes, WB produced the Schumacher flicks as direct sequels to the Burton ones though most fans (of the Burton films at least) don't see them that way. That's why they have the same Alfred and Gordon, Chase Meridian's reference to Catwoman and so on.

What I like about the Sonar suit is that it was a bigger departure from the previous Burton designs, plus it configures great with the Robin suit which I also hope gets made. Not sure if HT is also planning on Batman & Robin, but might consider Nightwing and Batgirl.

Batman_and_Robin.jpg
Nightwing&Batgirl.jpg

It would be kind of odd if Hot Toys skipped over the main costume ("panther suit") and instead issued the sonar suit which was employed only in the films climax. Be nice if they did both though.

I could see them just doing the Sonar suit. The Sonar suit was actually the focus in terms of marketing and promotion back in 1994/1995. If they were to do one Batman figure, it’d make sense to do just this one.

This was the first pic released of Batman back in the day,

AA75A104-2316-47CB-BD0D-76354B5B2C40.jpeg

And everything from cards, comic books and fast food promotions featured it.

D444272A-1B38-4D4F-B611-EB7A2CD8A753.jpeg
B398EC15-F2B6-4748-A7FD-F5EB295F94BB.jpeg
8AFC5D4D-DC86-4EF5-AD39-FA9836B8BB37.jpeg
956C48CC-53C3-45CA-A651-F030D50D7ED1.jpeg
E32F914F-4749-4F81-969B-A88474797E17.jpeg

That suit with the big Bat symbol on the chest, the armor, the vented ears and the new Batmobile immediately made the whole project stand out as something new and different back in the day. The Dark Knight was very reminiscent of this the way Batman was unveiled in 2007 along with the Batpod.

0DDEB0E3-6D6A-4961-A785-FEC5E89F6B85.jpeg

The cowl is interesting because I really doubt Hot Toys would be able to give it swappable mouth expression plates due to the design of the mask alone. Makes me wonder if they’d even do swappable eyes so it had the grid Sonar eyes.

C4FC1C54-886A-4369-8BB6-9A4BB2882BF6.jpeg

And if they nail that, they have 90% of the sculpt and tooling ready for an ugly ass silver Ice suit Clooney. All they’d need to do is mold on silver plastic bits to the rubber suit they think up.

D13869BA-C9BC-4BD5-BF3E-FAD2DF96E893.jpg

Is the Sonar suit all black? I think I keep getting it mixed up with Clooney's goofy ass "ice suit." For some reason I thought it had jarring color highlights but it looks pretty cool in all those pics.

My favorite shot in Forever is right after he swings out of the elevator at the beginning and stands silhouetted against the open doors. That moment really galvanized the badass look of the Panther suit for me.

Oh man great times in the summer of 95. If you have any more promo pics please post them.

Back