Hot Toys - Batman 1966 Live-action TV Series - Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the wait continues. I haven't given up completely, but it has been what, 3 years now? Maybe there is still a Batmobile in the works, since there was a rumor about them trying to work out some production issues. However if HT feels it has milked its money with '66 Batman and Robin, why not just turn the license over to another company or at least sub it out? That may be the only way to get the '66 Batmobile, Batgirl, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and Riddler. It's not like the company is running out of characters to produce. Star Wars, Marvel and DC alone are keeping them well supplied for the next decade at least.

"It's too bad the Batmobile wasn't at SDCC, batfan."

"Yeah, it was, batfan."

"I really hope it'll be at Ani-Com, batfan."

"Yeah, me, too, batfan."

"Hey, do you think they didn't show it at SDCC so they could show it at Ani-Com, batfan?"

"No, batfan."

"So, do you think they will show it at Ani-Com, batfan?"

"Haha! No, batfan."

You guys in this thread need to let this vehicle go. Just let it go. This whole "well, I'll wait for *insert show/event here*" just isn't doing any good. Nobody has news on it, Hot Toys doesn't do QnAs anymore, the DC cinematic universe along with that Affleck/Snyder Batmobile is the focus, it's over. Treat it like it's cancelled.

Maybe someday if we're lucky the '66 Batmobile will pop up for preorder at some random date in the future when nobody is expecting it, but for now, I'd just let it go. There's nothing you can do and it's just a stupid collectible that would have pissed people off anyway ("my lights don't work, bad quality control, scratches on the body, innaccurate, bad paint job, broken wheels, too expensive" etc. etc)

You guys in this thread need to let this vehicle go. Just let it go. This whole "well, I'll wait for *insert show/event here*" just isn't doing any good. Nobody has news on it, Hot Toys doesn't do QnAs anymore, the DC cinematic universe along with that Affleck/Snyder Batmobile is the focus, it's over. Treat it like it's cancelled.

Maybe someday if we're lucky the '66 Batmobile will pop up for preorder at some random date in the future when nobody is expecting it, but for now, I'd just let it go. There's nothing you can do and it's just a stupid collectible that would have pissed people off anyway ("my lights don't work, bad quality control, scratches on the body, innaccurate, bad paint job, broken wheels, too expensive" etc. etc)

Fact.:lecture

Exactly. I'll get it if they release it, but I'm not waiting on pins and needles for it.

I won't let it go like Elsa from frozen sang. I have daughters and they love the movie. Many said no Ripley or Returns batman would be made anf they were. I still have hope and have been a 66 batman fan for 42 years. This is my grail and until this year, being the 50th anniversary of the show is over, I will still hold on and not let it go. I have a big emotional attachment to the show and do not need anyone to understand it. Fan is short for fanatic.

I've always enjoyed Motuxmans posts and they are enjoying a degree of credibility too,of late.So if he says it is still happening(and why would it not be?Its the 1966 Batmobile for crying out loud!!)then that's good enough for me. But Howard Chans silences of late have been leaving a sour taste in the mouth.

It's a shame about the car, but I love these figures with or without it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 130
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Since I've been unsure about this car coming out for a while now, I decided to display my figures in the case I had ready for it. I displayed them horizontally just like these scenes were shot for the show. What I plan to do now is use this case for the upcoming Ghostbusters and Ecto 1, and redo the Batman and Robin display in a new case with them climbing vertically on a more elaborate building.

Yes, that is a Hot Toys Bruce Lee. It would be cool to have someone who actually did open the window on the show in the display (although Bruce did as Kato). Actually I think it'd be fun to have a revolving group of maybe '60s celebrities in that window... change them every now and then. Be cool if Hot Toys made an Elvis!

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

I can't believe all the people acting like the figures are worthless because of no Batmobile. I'd like it too but I'm definitely still happy with just the figures. The car would just be extra icing on the cake.

well for me, the car was the centerpiece not the figs. the figs were the "icing on the cake", the accessory.

Yes, that is a Hot Toys Bruce Lee. It would be cool to have someone who actually did open the window on the show in the display (although Bruce did as Kato). Actually I think it'd be fun to have a revolving group of maybe '60s celebrities in that window... change them every now and then. Be cool if Hot Toys made an Elvis!

View attachment 280768

Enterbay and Kotobukiya did partner to make Elvis from his '68 comeback special. Might be worth looking into.

I actually got that figure last year. Unfortunately, when I opened it there was a black mark on Elvis's face. It was quite noticeable and a little on the large side. I tried to carefully wipe it off, but it had stained the plastic really good. I had no issues returning it, but couldn't get another at the time as the one I bought was the last one they had. I really should see about getting it again, though. It was a pretty nice looking figure.

Some people like to plan their setups in advance, especially with something as large as a 1/6 car. I don't think the new versions have any bearing, this version is timeless. Plus all those "problems" you get with any release.

Back