Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

the easiest way to convert anything to 1/6 scale is to take the number of feet and double it, then change it to inches. so a 6ft character is (6 x 2 = 12) 12in. a 16ft alien queen is 32in. and so on. great scale to use.

The easiest way is this imho:

Jake is 3 meters tall so 300 devided by 6 (scale) = 50cm

yeah, cameron better. that is also what made some of his sci fi films so great is the people he regularly cast. if i were him i'd give beihn a major role, and have paxton and others in supporting roles.

Its not that I'd call him an exceptional actor, I just always thought he was cool in any of his roles.

you hit it right on the money a-dev, i am more a fan of character actors. i wish more character actors got more publicity and respect then some of these "a-list" actors that can't act if their lives depended on it.

the easiest way to convert anything to 1/6 scale is to take the number of feet and double it, then change it to inches. so a 6ft character is (6 x 2 = 12) 12in. a 16ft alien queen is 32in. and so on. great scale to use.

Wrong on both counts... the easiest is to look at the specs :hi5: :lol

Although in honesty what I do is take the number of feet something is, multiply it times 12 (for inches) and then divide that number by the scale.

So 7ft in 1/6 scale is: 7 X 12 = 84; 84/6 = 14

So 14" tall

in my line of work, metric is know as "the devil's digits". we don't take kindly to your type in these here parts.
Wrong on both counts... the easiest is to look at the specs :hi5: :lol

Although in honesty what I do is take the number of feet something is, multiply it times 12 (for inches) and then divide that number by the scale.

So 7ft in 1/6 scale is: 7 X 12 = 84; 84/6 = 14

So 14" tall
that's adding a whole extra unnecessary step. just double it and change "ft" to "in". simple.

in my line of work, metric is know as "the devil's digits". we don't take kindly to your type in these here parts.

that's adding a whole extra unnecessary step. just double it and change "ft" to "in". simple.

But that's not how school taught me!

:lol

Yes, if you are only talking about 1/6 scale... but my method is modular to accommodate all scales :lecture

So my method is clearly superior in every and all ways :hi5:

d4b3867a.jpg

The seem as his side waist is distracting.

OMG!?!?! LOL... What you want is Hot Toys to make a 1/6 Jake Sully with real human skin that walks and talks and plays the violin for an MSRP of $25.

looks awesome, cant wait for him to come out. I hope he makes it out by christmas!

Huh, I take it back.
This guy looks well worth the price..

Exactly. You have to be blind not to notice that there is obviously alot more that goes into a figure like this. Theyre doing something completely new. I still think it could be a little cheaper, but a price increase is a must considering all the materials, research, brand new body, etc. Not a avatar fan myself, but im still pretty amazed by this figure

And on top of that, Chinese workers are finally starting to receive much deserved wage increases, and that means that the price of goods will naturally increase in response. It's actually more than a fair price to pay, when you take everything into consideration.

Back