Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those hip guards part of the belt? If they're glued on vs. part of a one-piece mold, I'd consider removing them completely & snugging up the belt in the back. It would likely help streamline his appearance.

Honestly I don’t know the pic is not my own but I do know the rotation on the lower waist isn’t any different than the JL. I have tried modding the JL Aquaman and it was a disaster because that two part chest and torso separation is all types of messed up, plus the flap ball joint shoulder armor pads are a nightmare and don’t stay on and so socket ball joint arms. I think this has a JL or BVS Batman under body. And lower body is JL Batman if the top half could be removed the same way and method it was put on the frame could be modded to be less bulky.

Last edited:
This one along with JL Superman have a real "let's just get it over with" kind of vibe. That's really too bad. They both have some good features but clearly the effort stalled somewhere along the line. Most unfortunate. There are some really cool DCEU HT figures from early on.

I'm still waiting patiently for the JL Batman that I ordered. In hand shots and videos have left me hopeful on it's quality.

Looking forward to more in hand shots of this one before passing judgement. We'll see...

Nice skirt!

81473653_1023451758041473_387348317148807168_o.jpg
81738269_1023451631374819_860190226067226624_o.jpg

Is this accurate to the movie?? I honestly don't recall this at all...

Oh but but his shoulders are restricted and can?t pose.....WRONG you can work it just be prepared for not a long pose.

View attachment 474914

Awesome - you mean I can get him to actually move his arms as long as I spend an hour doing it little by little and/or watch my figure rip apart from stretching or bunching up (as the picture shows)? Thanks man!

Awesome - you mean I can get him to actually move his arms as long as I spend an hour doing it little by little and/or watch my figure rip apart from stretching or bunching up (as the picture shows)? Thanks man!

Don’t be an A$$ H0Le, your post doesn’t need to be rude. Do you own it, have it in hand? You certain of all what you say? Cause if not please keep your comments till you have it in hand before making assumptions

Last edited:
So many of you guys are so damn negative on release of figures that if you touched a car battery it wouldn’t start. Get the figure in hand than figure it out do what you can futz with it check it’s limitations then make your own calls and reviews on it. but for freak sakes man don’t hose the thread with negative comments and you don’t even own the freaking thing yet or have it in hand. Maybe it’s good for some and maybe it’s bad. But your all not artists or sculptures. And you sure as hell are not banging them out like hot toys.

I know it's the wrong version here, but...for comparison's sake...

JL-AQUAMAN-020.jpg

....with the portrait on this new version looking like a slight rework of the JL version (eyes off to the side)...I'll probably stick with the JL one.
My only complaint on the JL portrait is the missing paint on some of the hair strands (not the first HT figure with thick hair I've experienced this one).
Thankfully, it doesn't catch the eye while on the shelf, but still...curious to see/hear if this new version has the same issue.

The Aquaman colors certainly are vibrant and the texture on the outfit looks cool. Let's see some more shots!

Looks good!!!

I know it's the wrong version here, but...for comparison's sake...

View attachment 474940

....with the portrait on this new version looking like a slight rework of the JL version (eyes off to the side)...I'll probably stick with the JL one.
My only complaint on the JL portrait is the missing paint on some of the hair strands (not the first HT figure with thick hair I've experienced this one).
Thankfully, it doesn't catch the eye while on the shelf, but still...curious to see/hear if this new version has the same issue.

The Aquaman colors certainly are vibrant and the texture on the outfit looks cool. Let's see some more shots!

Jedibear, can you share a link to the thread with the JL version, please? I always have difficulty searching via Tapatalk App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedibear, can you share a link to the thread with the JL version, please? I always have difficulty searching via Tapatalk App.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know if it’s your app. The search function through the site hasn’t worked right for me for a couple months, ever since the site was down for a couple days.

I don't envision posing this figure with the hands above the head. That pose doesn't look good anyway.

Even with limited pose-ability and some flaws in costume, I like this 'close to comic book' version.
I'll probably keep him in this pose. (love this pic!)
externalFile9.jpg

Back