BY-ART 1/6 Seaking (Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JorjeCroft

Super Freak
Reaction score
While Hot Toys didn't release any figure for this movie, seems BY-ART didn't waste the time.
414668181_379097957964683_3729810772810098244_n.jpg
415251681_379097981298014_7679670129911325098_n.jpg
415603320_379097764631369_6567805253522202275_n.jpg
414862378_379097997964679_1814554826179801928_n.jpg
414860555_379097754631370_2086140230949475822_n.jpg
415583551_379097987964680_516001346843701708_n.jpg
415779729_379097771298035_3148536398020600688_n.jpg
414877075_379097964631349_2214251555058466617_n.jpg
414869469_379097744631371_6940742774549142723_n.jpg

Suit looks kinda well made, not sure about the HS
Yeah suit looks really nice from these pics and headsculpt looks decent, I mean even the HS was by itself on a desk, I would know instantly who it is supposed to be. I’m not sure how that hair will behave though.

Also I don’t know anything about this company so that makes me a little wary. But I’m going to keep this under consideration

Yeah suit looks really nice from these pics and headsculpt looks decent, I mean even the HS was by itself on a desk, I would know instantly who it is supposed to be. I’m not sure how that hair will behave though.

Also I don’t know anything about this company so that makes me a little wary. But I’m going to keep this under consideration
ByArtt has been around for good amount of time. Even before they started making DCEU figures, they were/are making headsculpts and accessories. The first product I got of theirs were some updated King Leonidas headsculpts for the HT figure that also had an diecast helmet.

In more recent history, for full figures, they’ve made:
The Transcendent (JL Superman)
The Black Transcendent (ZSJL Superman)
Black Wing (JL Tactical Suit Batman)
The Thunderbolt (JL The Flash)
The Lightning Girl (Jane Foster Thor)
The Amazed (Captain Marvel-first movie)

There might be more but those are off the top of my head

Last edited:
ByArtt has been around for good amount of time. Even before they started making DCEU figures, they were/are making headsculpts and accessories. The first product I got of theirs were some updated King Leonidas headsculpts for the HT figure that also had an diecast helmet.

In more recent history, for full figures, they’ve made:
The Transcendent (JL Superman)
The Black Transcendent (ZSJL Superman)
Black Wing (JL Tactical Suit Batman)
The Thinderbolf (JL The Flash)
The Lightning Girl ((Jane Foster Thor)
The Amazed (Captain Marvel-first movie)

There might be more but those are off the top of my head
Ahhh thanks, I know who they are now.

So what do you think of this Sea King figure?

Ahhh thanks, I know who they are now.

So what do you think of this Sea King figure?
I think it looks to be one of their better figures compared to their previous offerings.

The body looks to be the Worldbox AT027 clone that they’ve used for Batman and Superman by the looks of the shape/silhouette. I tend to not like that body but looks to be the right body for Aquaman, at least for this figure.

I also find it interesting that they mention the hairline will done by hand. I guess the trickle down effect from InArt’s work is finally making it to 3rd party figures. Probably won’t be nearly as nice as InArt’s work but it’s kinda interesting to see how fast the rest of the industry is catching on. Only a matter of time before it becomes more of a standard even for 3rd parties in the same way moving eyes is becoming.

I think it looks to be one of their better figures compared to their previous offerings.

The body looks to be the Worldbox AT027 clone that they’ve used for Batman and Superman by the looks of the shape/silhouette. I tend to not like that body but looks to be the right body for Aquaman, at least for this figure.

I also find it interesting that they mention the hairline will done by hand. I guess the trickle down effect from InArt’s work is finally making it to 3rd party figures. Probably won’t be nearly as nice as InArt’s work but it’s kinda interesting to see how fast the rest of the industry is catching on. Only a matter of time before it becomes more of a standard even for 3rd parties in the same way moving eyes is becoming.
Yeah I think the body is fitting for this figure. I actually think the proportions look better than those of the HT Aquaman movie figure

Yeah I think the body is fitting for this figure. I actually think the proportions look better than those of the HT Aquaman movie figure
For sure the proportions are looking much better here than the HT probably b/c the rubber suit they used vs the screen printing ByArt seems to be using here with what looks like the shaped foam muscle under the spandex to get the proper definition

For sure the proportions are looking much better here than the HT probably b/c the rubber suit they used vs the screen printing ByArt seems to be using here with what looks like the shaped foam muscle under the spandex to get the proper definition
This is why I was waiting for another green and gold suit by HT for this movie, I figured that they would fix the proportions a bit and hopefully make those things on his hips flatter.

Do you think HT will do another green and gold suit or do you think that it is more likely that ByArtt or another third party company will make one?

This is why I was waiting for another green and gold suit by HT for this movie, I figured that they would fix the proportions a bit and hopefully make those things on his hips flatter.

Do you think HT will do another green and gold suit or do you think that it is more likely that ByArtt or another third party company will make one?
Given that current Aquaman is more than likely going to be a flop (if it isn’t already), idk the likelihood of HT taking another stab at him unless someone like InArt make one.

For ByArt, I could see them taking a stab at the green and gold suit if this one does well. Their first Superman did well enough for them to make the black suit with 2 new headsculpts and that awesome Hall of Justice rubble display base. And ppl must be buying up their other DCEU figures since they continued with both Batman and The Flash. I think their JL Flash looks bette than the HT one

Given that current Aquaman is more than likely going to be a flop (if it isn’t already), idk the likelihood of HT taking another stab at him unless someone like InArt make one.

For ByArt, I could see them taking a stab at the green and gold suit if this one does well. Their first Superman did well enough for them to make the black suit with 2 new headsculpts and that awesome Hall of Justice rubble display base. And ppl must be buying up their other DCEU figures since they continued with both Batman and The Flash. I think their JL Flash looks bette than the HT one
Yeah I see your point.

But one thing that keeps me hopeful is the fact that we got four figures and a vehicle by HT from the Flash movie despite its almost historic flop status.

Also, although Aquaman 2 seems to be struggling badly in the US, I think it is performing significantly better in China for whatever that is worth.

Btw my comments about Aquaman 2 have nothing to do with the merits of the movie, I have not seen it, I am only talking about it in terms of Box-Office so far.

Yeah I see your point.

But one thing that keeps me hopeful is the fact that we got four figures and a vehicle by HT from the Flash movie despite its almost historic flop status.

Also, although Aquaman 2 seems to be struggling badly in the US, I think it is performing significantly better in China for whatever that is worth.

Btw my comments about Aquaman 2 have nothing to do with the merits of the movie, I have not seen it, I am only talking about it in terms of Box-Office so far.
Yea you’re right about that. However, for the Flash, it seemed like HT had those figures pretty much ready to go almost right out the gate. We haven’t even gotten a teaser image/video of anything from Aquaman 2. However, HT could just randomly drop it out of obligation :LOL: nah but really, your guess is as good as mine on if/when we might get an improved Mamoa Aquaman from HT.

I own the By Art Black Transcendent Superman and the base alone with the magnetic flight stand made it worth buying IMO . Almost bought the Tactical Batman but ordered the HT rerelease of that one , Same with the Flash except I found a sell on a new never opened HT version for around $300 and took it instead . Think they make good figures except they are just to large to go with your HT JL team . But saying that I'm still going to get this one , really hope someone puts out a Manta !

I own the By Art Black Transcendent Superman and the base alone with the magnetic flight stand made it worth buying IMO . Almost bought the Tactical Batman but ordered the HT rerelease of that one , Same with the Flash except I found a sell on a new never opened HT version for around $300 and took it instead . Think they make good figures except they are just to large to go with your HT JL team . But saying that I'm still going to get this one , really hope someone puts out a Manta !
Yeah well Mars has/had a Manta figure up for Pre order that looked pretty good (IMO) and I think SooSoo teased a Black Manta also. Both versions are from the first Aquaman film.

I am a little torn between whether I would prefer a Manta from the first film or one based on his appearance in this sequel.

Yeah well Mars has/had a Manta figure up for Pre order that looked pretty good (IMO) and I think SooSoo teased a Black Manta also. Both versions are from the first Aquaman film.

I am a little torn between whether I would prefer a Manta from the first film or one based on his appearance in this sequel.
I've seen the photos of both from when I started collecting again and the one is marked as preorders being sold out . Has been a long wait on it from what I can tell and wonder if it'll ever get released ?
Think I prefer the look of the first film for Manta myself.

Yeah I see your point.

AM2 had a press embargo that pushed up to release. That's normally a pretty bad sign. The Flash at least had some buzz and a Batman going in. I have a hard time seeing HT doing anything with this movie. Not a lot to work with anyway.

Back