Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep going back and looking at it. Like I want to LOVE it, but I like it a lot. Trying not to imagine Dog the Bounty Hunter with that hair :lol

Not my comparison pic

Hot Toys either never saw all the time this picture was posted or they just didn't care. If this figure was improved to match that Hot Toys probably would have gotten plenty double dippers among the people who bought the JL version. At a minimum they could have kept the sculpt and just change the hair to match that and it would have made a world of difference.

Even with limited pose-ability and some flaws in costume, I like this 'close to comic book' version.
I'll probably keep him in this pose. (love this pic!)
View attachment 475072

The paint on his upper torso, belt & hip armor looks much improved vs. previous photos. If this is accurate I will seriously reconsider picking him up.

Justin's review is up. I know some of you don't much like his style but let's focus on the figure. It certainly does pop! If it wasn't for that crappy re-used sculpt I would've picked this up.

Justin's review is up. I know some of you don't much like his style but let's focus on the figure. It certainly does pop! If it wasn't for that crappy re-used sculpt I would've picked this up.

Mr. "I do love this figure". Everything is good, everything is awesome. Ugggh ... boooring.

Finally a review. I have been looking for days!

While not the biggest fan of the JL figure, I do prefer the look over this one. And, incredibly enough, the JL figure looks actually more accurate to the source material than this one.

I'm in the minority that liked Justice League, but enjoyed Aquaman more in his solo film so I was really hoping to like this figure to buy because it has the classic colors but there's just something holding me back. I have the JL Aquaman so I guess worst case I still have an Aquaman.

I will say one thing, he certainly "appreciates" a lot of things, lol.

One thing with Aquaman is that they went from a badly cut torso to a solid brick of one...
Surely there could have been some happy medium there?
The belt and that back armor piece do look way too flat plastic-y for a HT figure.

One thing with Aquaman is that they went from a badly cut torso to a solid brick of one...
The belt and that back armor piece do look way too flat plastic-y for a HT figure.

It's good to be grateful right? Not many can afford a $250 toy

just a heads up ,just got word from 1 sixth kit this guy has just shipped out
s-l640.jpg

just a heads up ,just got word from 1 sixth kit this guy has just shipped out
s-l640.jpg

Kinda sad that that is actually the best Aquaman.
Kinda torn. I PO this HT Aquaman and seeing Justin's video, I think the JL actually looks better.
But I dont care for that suit.

So many flaws on this Aquaman.
That A on his belt that looks like its accentuating the bulge on his pants. lol
Seriously, this HT Aquaman looks like a Male stripper cosplay.
I kinda dont see Momoa, and I really hate that damn Mop Hair.

Kinda torn about cancelling my PO cause I know that I'm gonna be bugged by these flaws instead of admiring the figure.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

he certainly wins the pose off part ,weather the jeans and it should look okay for $150 and change

Mr. "I do love this figure". Everything is good, everything is awesome. Ugggh ... boooring.

We should create a drinking game for Justin's reviews - down a shot or beer every time he says "I think it works/looks perfectly fine". We'd all be hammered within the first 5 minutes. :lol

as cool as that Atlas figure is, I hate that he's on their comicbook/animated looking body with the sharp lines and angled cuts without texture.

We should create a drinking game for Justin's reviews - down a shot or beer every time he says "I think it works/looks perfectly fine". We'd all be hammered within the first 5 minutes. :lol

:lol so true. Hardcore version. Drink every time Justin says "I think [insert company name] absolutely nailed it with this one" too.

I think y?all complain about Justin?s reviews too much lol. If you can do better by all means do so. At least he bothers to review every single hot toys figure, since no one else does. (that I know of, feel free to prove me wrong)

Any way, the figure looks great and I can?t wait to get it, it?s gonna look good next to my JL Superman, Concept Wonder Woman, and BVS Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as cool as that Atlas figure is, I hate that he's on their comicbook/animated looking body with the sharp lines and angled cuts without texture.

is it ,i thought it was the ganghood bane clone that they used ,yeah the visible joint aren't perfect but hopefully the tattoos and armour distract from them in hand

It's good to be grateful right? Not many can afford a $250 toy

I think you mis-worded that, Not many can afford "every" $250 toy, as in he gets basically
every single figure Hot Toys puts out. Whether he pays for them or gets them as part of whatever deal he
has in place is his business.

Being "grateful" for X thing being well done when Y and Z things are not great is just pandering.
Justin just seems to give full lip service to Hot Toys in 95% of his reviews. He even nulls his criticisms by saying
"don't get me wrong, Z thing is not great, but I still appreciate it".
How about, Z thing is done piss poor, Hot Toys needs to step it up to meet the bar of expectations that THEY set themselves?

To each his own, but I would not review that way, because I don't feel that way about every figure they produce or even all the ones I own. I also do not have the money or time to buy and review that many figures.

I would compliment things that are amazing if I were a reviewer, sure... But making everything sound amazing and HT "nailing" everything makes nothing seem wrong at all, even when there are clear mis-steps.

I would refer to Endgame Cap's bizarre broken shield. In his D23 review, Justin made it sound like no big deal, or mis-communication between Hot Toys and Marvel Studios. Sorry, but it is a big deal at the price point. It looks stupid they way they cut it! They may listen and fix it, I truly hope they do. But if the final Endgame Cap shield comes out exactly like the D23 one I would be reaming them out in a review and making it honest. Not kissing their ass.

The fact that we are paying Hot Toys for their product is gratitude enough, IMO.
I love what the company produces and think their crew does amazing work... that being said,
I don't appreciate things they do well, I expect it at the price point they are asking.
That's what we are all paying for. Huge difference there.

Last edited:
Back